It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Terror Case: Two Iraqis Charged With Supporting Al Qaeda in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Kentucky Terror Case: Two Iraqis Charged With Supporting Al Qaeda in Iraq

abcnews.go.com

Waad Ramadan Alwan and Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, two Iraqi nationals, were arrested in Bowling Green, Ky., after a two-year FBI investigation.

They were indicted for allegedly providing assistance to Al Qaeda in Iraq and attempting to send weapons overseas. The men were living in the United States and had been granted refugee status, despite their insurgency activities in Iraq and their role in attacking U.S. troops.

Alwan has been charged with conspiracy to kill U.S. nationals, distributing information about explosives, conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction, attempting to prov
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.washingtontimes.com

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It looks like Bowling Green, KY was harboring terrorists, although from the article I am not sure where the terrorist charges are coming from. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but it sounded like the "informant" reported one of the men discussing blowing things up and eating US soldiers for luch and dinner? And they mentioned OBL. Anyway this has been a two year investigation.

I wonder what it was about Kentucky the "terrorists" liked so much to choose this state.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Link to Local Story

face federal terrorism charges, with one accused of carrying out several attacks on U.S. troops in Iraq and both of trying to obtain weapons in the United States to send to the Iraqi insurgency.

Click HERE to view a copy of the official press release.

30-year-old Waad Ramadan Alwan is charged with conspiring to kill Americans, give out information on how to make and use IEDs, and export Stinger missiles, among other charges.

23-year-old Mohanad Shareef Hammadi faces charges of trying to support terrorists and al-Qaeda in Iraq, and of conspiring to export Stingers.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Just two more fish that have benefited from our catch and release program. There are many more out there still. I expect they'll be showing themselves shortly, hopefully in cuffs like these two, before they can carry anything out.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wonder if the stingers would have been coming from fort Campbell? Because it's just down the road from Bowling Green.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
One more piece of evidence supporting my belief that all non American muslims should be sent home. All illegal aliens need to be sent home as well. No more "refugee status" for muslims. Just send them back to the middle east.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
not supporting,participating in the placing of IED's

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

2 criminals is proof that tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people should be deported? That seems a bit extreme. Maybe it'd be a better idea if we stopped bombing them and supporting oppressive regimes in the middle east so that they wouldn't have a reason to hate us, as opposed to acting rashly and suffering the consequences of it (if you really think persecuting Muslims will stop terrorism you certainly don't realise what it is that motivates terrorist groups).
edit on 31-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

2 criminals is proof that tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people should be deported? That seems a bit extreme.
edit on 31-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)
Please reread my post with special emphasis on the first 2-3 words. Thanks.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
One more piece of evidence supporting my belief that all non American muslims should be sent home. All illegal aliens need to be sent home as well. No more "refugee status" for muslims. Just send them back to the middle east.

Not all Muslims come from the Middle East.

There are Muslims in Europe, Africa, and Asia.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hindenburg

I say get to deporting them out of our country too.
edit on 5/31/11 by Marked One because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If they hate us so bad,if they come from a country that broadcasts its hateof America all over al-jazeera,send them all home
edit on 5/31/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

If you want to tell one group of people they can't come in then you need to tell everyone they can't come in.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Me personally--I wouldn't have a huge problem with that.

new topics

top topics

join