It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Sarah Palin Plays Pinky Tuscadero Obama Tours Joplin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
To add to my earlier post. There is one thing that could have been "presidential." If any politician had shown up, sans security, strapped on a hard-hat and gloves and went to work, then they would have won my vote. I'm not talking the photo op shovel and gloves, I'm talking sweaty, grimy, work time, among the people.

And, let me say that any such politician would have been perfectly safe and would not have needed any security.

I wish that things were such that our elected "leaders" could roll up their sleeves and truly get into the middle of the "people". Truly. Sometimes it is the best way to gain enough information and understanding of the way that things are and what can be done to improve things.

Your post leaves me lost in thought about how we ever got to this point of such separation between the populace and the people whom they elect to carry out actions on their behalf.

And to the OP...what do you think Sarah Palin could have achieved for the people of Joplin by touring Joplin? I am not being sarcastic, I am truly asking. Why do you think she should have been there?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

As for Palin, she quit being governor of a tiny state after two years because she could make more money bashing the president than actually do some thing helpful.

As for Ron Paul, he is another joke of a candidate. He has no idea what he is taking about yet people take him seriously. However herman cain is kinda funny.

***yawn***

Go ahead bash away. You might want to research the hundreds of Palin threads from the 2008 election to keep from regurgitating the same things they said back then ad nauseum.

And careful talking about Herman Cain, or we might have to start calling you a racist.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by gorgi

Ahhhh, just in case you forgot, obama and family spent the last week joy riding through England and other countries while the twisters were destroying Joplin and couldn't be bothered with cutting his latest trip short to come back early, like a real President would. Funny it seems any time there's a disastor obama's nowhere to be found until it's for a photo opt. As far as Sarah Palin? So? She's not an elected offical yet.

Ok, I HATE Obama, but I need to point out, that he was in England for the G8 Summit and we NEEDED him there, we did not want to be the only G8 country not at the table, remember grade school and they passed out topics, the kid that wasn't there got the worst one since everyone there took all the good ones.

I agree he is ALL about photo ops, the freakin Beer Summit, that was a monumental JOKE!!

As far as Sarah Palin, she WAS an elected official, but she QUIT!!! She couldn't hack it for more than 2 years as Governor, she does NOT have the skills necessary to lead our nation.

As long as the "right" offer joke candidates like Palin, Bachman, and Giulianni they have NO possible chance of firing Obama.

ETA: Get out of the left vs right/liberal vs conservative paradigm, that's how they keep screwing us over!!
edit on 31-5-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

As for Palin, she quit being governor of a tiny state after two years because she could make more money bashing the president than actually do some thing helpful.

As for Ron Paul, he is another joke of a candidate. He has no idea what he is taking about yet people take him seriously. However herman cain is kinda funny.

What school did you go to? Seriously? Last I checked, Alaska is the largest state in the union. As for Ron Paul, he sends up the same warning flags I got from obama, but if if it came down to it, I'd vote for the lesser of two evils and go for Ron Paul, the country can't take another four more years of obama, I doubt we can take another two.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

As long as the "right" offer joke candidates like Palin, Bachman, and Giulianni they have NO possible chance of firing Obama.

Totally agreed!
(Except I liked Guilliani.)

Anyhow, right now, I do not see the right getting Obama out of office. I want to see it, I really really want to see it, but it is not materializing yet!

Marco Rubio would have a shot, but his hat isn't in there yet.

I've heard good things about Herman Cain, but I'm not sold yet.

Of course, I think the banner in my signature is the only real hope for the country as a whole!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

Yea, I agree with the getting out of the left vs right/liberal vs conservative paradigm. When people ask me at the bar what pollitical bent am I? I tell 'em, "I'm a radical centerist extremeist".

You ever see how dogs cock there head?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd
[As long as the "right" offer joke candidates like Palin, Bachman, and Giulianni they have NO possible chance of firing Obama.

ETA: Get out of the left vs right/liberal vs conservative paradigm, that's how they keep screwing us over!!
edit on 31-5-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

I really wish I could disagree with you I really do. Personally ( I really wish I were wrong) I think the election has already been decided, that's why there are no serious runners against obama, it's just for show. Again.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I agree with all of you bashing the left/right paradigm... the game is clearly rigged and it is NOT in the favor of the electorate. The only way to escape this sorry trap is to STOP electing members from either party and start demanding true accountability to the people, to the Constitution and to Common Law. Until we stand up with unified voice and do so, we are doomed to repeat the same mistake over and over and over again - and rest assured, "they're" counting on you doing exactly that.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You get a star on the title alone.
2nd

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I somewhat agree with you, I disagree about the stop voting either party, their party is irrelevant in my opinion.

The test is whether they are for "We the People" or are they for "We the Corporations and Our Own Greedy Coffers".

Sen Tom Udall (D-NM):

“This is not a Patriot Act,” Udall said. “Patriots stand up for the Constitution. Patriots stand up for freedom and liberty that’s embodied in the Constitution. And I think true patriots, when they’re public servants, public servants stand up and do what’s right, even if it’s unpopular.”

Sen Rand Paul (R-KY):

“Can we not have a debate on a higher plane, a debate over whether or not there should be some constitutional protections?” Paul asked.
“Do we want a lawless land?” he added. “Do we want a land, a government without so much restraint that at any time they can come into your house? We were very worried about that. That’s why our country was founded on principles such as the Fourth Amendment.”

Sourc e
I don't really care which side of the aisle they are on, long as they are on "We the People"s side, bottom line.

I am sad too, that the election has already been rigged, that's why we won't see Rubio or Christie to give an ACTUAL real run at the office, just completely tired of the Corporate Elite calling the shots, and to that end I have plenty of Rage to fault BOTH "parties" for and despite what the Republican led SCOTUS has to say, Corporations ARE NOT PEOPLE!!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And the MSM keeps her relevent. This article is hilarious.

OH NOOOOS! She has a big @$$ RV on tour! She's going to kill some one.

weaselzippers.us...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

What does Palin have to do with Obama going to Joplin? And the last time i looked not very many people on ATS favor Palin at all.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Ancient Champion because: forgot a few words

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If the elections are rigged then why are you all talking like we have a choice in the elections?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

What school did you go to? Seriously? Last I checked, Alaska is the largest state in the union. As for Ron Paul, he sends up the same warning flags I got from obama, but if if it came down to it, I'd vote for the lesser of two evils and go for Ron Paul, the country can't take another four more years of obama, I doubt we can take another two.

Population wise its one of the smallest, still not sure where you got yours from . Alaska was called sewards ice box for a reason. Theres nothing there really.
The country is doing better under Obama than under bush, defiantly better than the disaster that is Paul and would be hopeful Palin.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Well, there's a thread where the feds are going to crack down on big city crime and as usual, it was turned into an Obama-bashing thread.

I really don't get this place sometimes.

Must be those agent provocateurs hard at work on ATS.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

How is Obama doing better then Bush? Has he got us out of all the illegal wars? No. Has he cut spending? No. Has he gave the finger to the elite? No.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i]Originally posted by gorgi

Population wise its one of the smallest, still not sure where you got yours from . Alaska was called sewards ice box for a reason. Theres nothing there really.
The country is doing better under Obama than under bush, defiantly better than the disaster that is Paul and would be hopeful Palin.

Size-wise it's the largest state in the union. Now if you'd said " The state of Alaska with it's tiny population then you would've been right.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I guess that people call it a Obamanation because it's funny? Which it is, in a ironic sort of way. The past twelve years have been disastrous for us. I don't think that we can handle another four more years of the current admin.

Remember, he didn’t inherit this mess. He actively ran for the job, so I really have no pity for him when he continues us down this path at breakneck speed.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
While Obama visited Joplin, volunteers, fire and rescue teams, and police stopped working for hours so the Prez could get a "look I'm a humanitarian" photo op. 29 people are still missing. He should've grabbed a shovel and started working.

/TOA
edit on 1-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
While Obama visited Joplin, volunteers, fire and rescue teams, and police stopped working for hours so the Prez could get a "look I'm a humanitarian" photo op. 29 people are still missing. He should've grabbed a shovel and started working.

When A President Visits a Disaster Site, Work Stops?

/TOA

that determination is made by secret service, presidents are not as free as you think, infact they are badgered to death.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join