It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Chair: Republicans Believe Illegal Immigration 'Should be a Crime'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There is no doubt illegal immigration is indeed a very tough issue. I see many on these forums talking about laws all the time that are unjust.

I support the op in saying that illegal immigration is wrong, but I also support a more robust LEGAL path to immigration. Once you take money out of the equation, this becomes a clear right and wrong issue.

The problem is, with the middle class being torn apart, most people see it as a really bad time to approach this issue as a right and wrong issue but more as a lets not give corporations any more tools with which to rape the masses issue. They have enough. Get congress to bring the value back to our workers, and I assure you many will support a clearly debated, nationally publicized form of amnesty. I only speak for myself, but when 40 hours work can support a family again, and family, community becomes paramount to WORK. then why wouldn't we be able to listen to a reasonable argument as to why illegals should have a "path" to earn their right to be an American.

All we have now is back room deals, and sneaky proposals lobbied to congress by millionaire lobbyists as a boom to our GDP.

I don't support Alex Jones in everything he says, but I give him a lot of credit for getting people active the last time the amnesty debate came up. They do this behind closed doors, because they damn well know people are pissed off, and honestly they don't seem to broken up about it. Otherwise they would be working hard to restore the value of our currency and our working class.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Stupidity just found a whole new level thanks to Ms. Wasserman. I doubt she reads these forums, but for those of you too blind to make sense of the fuss, I will attempt to break it down for you. When the government makes something ILLEGAL, they are in fact CRIMINALIZING the activity that they have made ILLEGAL. Ergo, when one ILLEGALLY enters the country, they have in fact committed a CRIME.

Sadly there is no cure for stupid and we will continue to be subject to such stupidity for as long as she is afforded a public forum.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

He had not overstayed his visa, his extension request was denied because he didn't complete his thesis. There is not one bit of proof anywhere that he had more than one wife let alone being reason for being denied a green card. It's completely assanine to suggest this is a motive.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by Janky Red

So, the issue is … ????

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

And the import rate has risen as well.

Or did you just forget to leave that nugget out?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Their stupidity mixed with their righteous evil is about as appealing as having burning diarrhea dripping down my thigh.

Maybe that explains Chris Matthews' "tingle?"

But, that was runnung up, no?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

So, the issue is … ????

None, she pegged the sentiment of many GOP voters righton... I agree with the sentiment, but not the execution
of something like a "papers please" law, however a solution that works.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

And the import rate has risen as well.

Or did you just forget to leave that nugget out?

I think you should be an optimist and appreciate the drastically elevated rates which would benefit your position...

Enforcers cannot control influx, they can control retention, by that measure they are doing a much better job.

Ex

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think they should look at all of the major corperations that employ them.
Mc Donalds for one, as well as every fast food place I have been in recently.
I also object to the illegal people collecting food stamps, welfare, social security.
Since when is it legal to benifit yet not contribute?

Instead of trying to punish the social security and medicare folks.....
for all of this pouring of money.

Let's ENFORCE the laws already on the books.at a federal and state level.

Must be a legal citizen to collect from the system!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Is this not the solution many here advocate for???

That is what the law, enacted by Congress and signed by the president, calls for.

Why would a democrat try to make it sound as if asking for enforcement of the law is somehow an offense in and of itself?

Foolish or unwise laws can be amended or repealed. This one has withstood the test of time.

Why would you try to make it seem as if it were not?

edit on 31-5-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Should we find all the illegal immigrants, arrest them all and deport them???

First, reference my replies above.

Yes. That is what the un-challenged and still-valid law calls for.

What would you suggest? Do you have a spare bedroom?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

He had not overstayed his visa, his extension request was denied because he didn't complete his thesis. There is not one bit of proof anywhere that he had more than one wife let alone being reason for being denied a green card. It's completely assanine to suggest this is a motive.

lol, I have already posted images of the paperwork
kicking Obama Sr. out of the US. During the INS
investigation it is also revealed that Obama Sr.
was a citizen of Great Britain which Kenya was
affiliated and had a Kenyan Passport # 84764.
If he had a green card and legally married to
Ann Dunham wouldn't he have been issued
a US Passport ???

ALSO, he illegally married Ann Dunham in Feb. 1961.
Why would he fill out extension to stay in US
on a student visa 2 yrs later in 1963 if he was
married into US Citizenship ???
The paperwork requesting the extension
would not be necessary.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Is this not the solution many here advocate for???

That is what the law, enacted by Congress and signed by the president, calls for.

Why would a democrat try to make it sound as if asking for enforcement of the law is somehow an offense in and of itself?

Foolsih or unwise laws can be amended or repealed. This one has withstood the test of time.

Why would you try to make it seem as if it were not?

And we both know that presidents often times chose to enforce things in a personal manner.

The Chairlady seems to think that the perfered solution is unsavory, many people seem to think that
enforcing a no dancing law in the TJ monument is "somehow an offense in and of itself". I tend to see these legal issues in a pragmatic way...

the Republican solution that I’ve seen in the last three years is that we should just pack them all up and ship them back to their own countries and that in fact it should be a crime and we should arrested them all.

I am against the above as it is characterized here.

I think a better solution is cut off welfare and employment... Are you for expanding the police in the
"police state"

- I am not
edit on 31-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Should we find all the illegal immigrants, arrest them all and deport them???

First, reference my replies above.

Yes. That is what the un-challenged and still-valid law calls for.

What would you suggest? Do you have a spare bedroom?

Like I said I would rather approach it from the economic side

Your solution would create more, beauracracy, officers, pensions, departments, legal teams, etc...

The worst part is it would create more police power which would also require a much larger budget.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Seriously? There is still confusion on the issue?

Nobody is bashing IMMIGRATION, the problem is with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, you know the one that is AGAINST our laws, making it ILLEGAL???

Compassion or no compassion is not the debate, it is simply about more of the political kabuki theater, in this act it is DNC Chair Wasserman trying to demonize the Republican party for having the audacity to think ILLEGAL immigrants are here ILLEGALLY.

Would there be any "C'Mon feel sorry for them, let's have compassion." if we were talking about demonizing one side of the aisle for saying rapists deserve to be in prison?

"They should have a path to citizenship." For real?!?! They DO it's called LEGALLY IMMIGRATE, if you don't follow that path then you are clearly here ILLEGALLY, and yes they should get the F#@% Out, try to do it right next time!

If they would simply do their part, THE RIGHT WAY, then we could even save taxpayer money that is being tied up securing the borders to the extent they currently are (drones aren't cheap to operate), save money on the taxpayer funded residential facility that they are occupying while eating taxpayer funded food for a meal while they wait on the taxpayer funded bus driven by yet again US taxpayer funded drivers.

I'm not a republican either, but they're RIGHT, ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is well in a word ILLEGAL, this is not one of the "grey" areas, this one is black and white.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Only in america does illegal not mean crime

Ugh, my brain is exploding

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Take it from a recently married green card holder, you don't just get citizenship and a passport for marrying a US citizen. You still have to go through the citizenship process. Depending on your immigration status it can be anywhere from immediate after obtaining a green card(after application processing, test, background check, and oath) to several years.

Overstaying a green card(which lasts ten years) can get you booted from the country same as overstaying a temporary visa. Fortunately my entry status prevents me from ever being removed from the country. But that doesn't matter since I will be a citizen very soon anyway. Especially since I want to qualify for a secret clearance so I can eventually fly helicopters for the Army.

The immigration process can be convoluted. It's not a one size fits all system. There are many different types of statuses, entry conditions, certain origination points are preferred over others, and there's also different time requirements.

Before anyone does any kind of judgement on an individuals legal alien status it would help to know the specifics.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd
Seriously? There is still confusion on the issue?

Nobody is bashing IMMIGRATION, the problem is with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, you know the one that is AGAINST our laws, making it ILLEGAL???

Compassion or no compassion is not the debate, it is simply about more of the political kabuki theater, in this act it is DNC Chair Wasserman trying to demonize the Republican party for having the audacity to think ILLEGAL immigrants are here ILLEGALLY.

Would there be any "C'Mon feel sorry for them, let's have compassion." if we were talking about demonizing one side of the aisle for saying rapists deserve to be in prison?

and these people are not rapist are they???

The issue is the police factor, this country does not need an expansion of police powers

How many policemen do you think this country would need to employ to rangle tens of millions of people?

And what would that cost???

She is right, the John Wayne approach is half way to retarded as far as solutions go.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Take it from a recently married green card holder, you don't just get citizenship and a passport for marrying a US citizen. You still have to go through the citizenship process. Depending on your immigration status it can be anywhere from immediate after obtaining a green card(after application processing, test, background check, and oath) to several years.

Overstaying a green card(which lasts ten years) can get you booted from the country same as overstaying a temporary visa. Fortunately my entry status prevents me from ever being removed from the country. But that doesn't matter since I will be a citizen very soon anyway. Especially since I want to qualify for a secret clearance so I can eventually fly helicopters for the Army.

The immigration process can be convoluted. It's not a one size fits all system. There are many different types of statuses, entry conditions, certain origination points are preferred over others, and there's also different time requirements.

Before anyone does any kind of judgement on an individuals legal alien status it would help to know the specifics.

These are great points

People make it sound as if the cops are going to roll around and catapult people south, badda boom, badda bing

Do you think an influx of police and their powers would be good for America?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I believe we should enforce the laws already in place. Illegal immigration is a problem in this country and we shouldn't be rewarding it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join