It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Building Ticker Hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I am not promoting such actions, rather just presenting something that happened of interest. Is this real?
Seems cyber hacking is the new soapbox...

Peace,
spec

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yep, Hacker groups are trying to awaken the sheeple everywhere and their actions are increasing, GOD BLESS THEM ALL!!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would have taken it seriously if it wasn't just some idiot blaming republicans for everything. Republicans and Democrats collectively are destroying the country. Obviously smart enough to hack but not smart enough to rid himself from the democrat/republican paradigm. Funny.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Like in one of the comments on the page.
The problem isn't the politicians. The problem is we aren't holding politicians accountable.
We aren't voting them out of office. It's like the inmates are running the prison.

We need to wake up.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I believe that this is a first step on a long journey.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This looks fake to me.

Sorry, I call Hoax.

FoxNews has contacted us, and a spokesperson has confirmed that the video is a hoax. Based on the conversation, it was understood that they have examined the video in detail, leading them to these conclusions.

LINK

edit on 5/31/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It would be nice if they hacked all the tickers across the nation and let them send a message at once. I think that would send a better message then just one "Faux Noose" ticker in NY that the media will not pick up and tell the sheeple. But, at least it is a start to the awakening.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I was wondering if it was some type of viral vid hoax. Do you think it is cgi?
I could see the officials denying it's validity too, to minimize any effect, maybe.

spec

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It looks fake to me. The text looks digitally inserted into the video. I went to film school by the way.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

It would be nice if they hacked all the tickers across the nation and let them send a message at once.

Agreed

However, I am wondering if of all the news outlets, which one really draws animosity the most? My personal opinion is that Fox does more attacking/dividing because every time a segment starts, they come right out of the gate with "the far left secular progressive" this and that. Granted they all do somewhat of a disservice with sensationalism, but IMHO, Fox(not the right) are just mean-spirited. Of course this opinion coming from a peaceful heart bleeding tree hugger.(please don't hate)

spec

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Yeah I'm with you. I didn't go to film school but it looks totally fake. It reminds me of the sports drink commercials with the awful CGI stuff.

I like the idea of hacking the tickers but the messages would have to be far more powerful to make a difference. If that was legit, the people didn't care.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Wait why are FOX going to tell the truth on anything??

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I am not promoting such actions, rather just presenting something that happened of interest. Is this real?

Probably not real. It looks to be a ripoff of this:

www.youtube.com...

The above turned out to be a viral marketing campaign for a movie (I think it was Inception).

Even if it was real, it would seem it only appealed to one giddy girl and perhaps the one guy that glanced at it briefly as he walked by in the background (probably wondering what they were filming). Not much of a revolution, LOL!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A lot of people actually believe that you can just hack into anything with a laptop -- as a senior network engineer I can testify that give the best equipment the god level direct access and a couple of consultants to make coffee for 175.oo per hour - yes I can attest that it is hard enough to just make some of this stuff work at all.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Don't know if it's fake but I love the message behind it, regardless.

Also, even if it's fake, it's not because Fox says it is. Why listen to established liars?

I wonder if hackers are America's last hope? Strange times we are living in.

new topics

top topics

join