It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can believe in God you can believe in Aliens.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GroovyBohemian
reply to post by mb2591

That sure resembles a small plane or a helicopter as you said but then aliens travelling in helicopters? not really.

It doesn't really matter so much as to who was using it just that it was there and seen in a time 1000's of years before the Wright brothers first flight.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

In that context yeah. Our ancestors sure had advanced technology that ETs must have provided. This is really intriguing stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am trying to fit all this stuff in my comicbook, alot of it is based on these legends/theories, some of it I sort of have to fit together (fiction based reality, lol-sometimes the dots can be connected in a new way).....its actually producing some decent results. If you used Occam's razor to try and piece together whether all these biblical stories are actually about Gods or Aliens, I suppose one would have to lean more towards the aliens side....I sortof struggled with making the Spear of Destiny an alien device rather than the spear that pierced Christ's side....I only mention all this stuff because I have been trying to make consistent sense in the story and balancing out God's of the past being heavenly or extraterrestrial...I am wording this all wrong, but yeah....
edit on 1-6-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

I have the whole series downloaded. I love every minute of it even if its not true.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
By the way , my post wasnt to show that God is an Alien.

It was to show there are other spirits on the planets that. Maybe it could possibly be them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
I am trying to fit all this stuff in my comicbook, alot of it is based on these legends/theories, some of it I sort of have to fit together (fiction based reality, lol-sometimes the dots can be connected in a new way).....its actually producing some decent results. If you used Occam's razor to try and piece together whether all these biblical stories are actually about Gods or Aliens, I suppose one would have to lean more towards the aliens side....I sortof struggled with making the Spear of Destiny an alien device rather than the spear that pierced Christ's side....I only mention all this stuff because I have been trying to make consistent sense in the story and balancing out God's of the past being heavenly or extraterrestrial...I am wording this all wrong, but yeah....

Hey would you pm what you have so far and what you need help with I'm really interested and could possibly help you out.

edit on 1-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GroovyBohemian
reply to post by mb2591

In that context yeah. Our ancestors sure had advanced technology that ETs must have provided. This is really intriguing stuff.

This is what I am thinking.....we did have access to a lot of technology many centuries ago but for some reasons...it was taken away from us for a time...I wonder... why did this happen? Does anyone have the knowledge on this?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

I'm saying they must all be basiclly the same or descended from one another for them to be true otherwise they're just made up.

But they aren't the same. Do they describe similar deities? Sure they do. Are they based on foundational mythologies that are similar? Probably. Does that make them true? No. Myths can have similarities without being true. That is another danger zone of ancient astronaut theories, similarities in myth do not mean that the myths suddenly gain credibility as describing actual events. Are we to assume that similarities between Star Wars and Star Trek also lend them credibility?

say its hieroglyphs that were inscribed on top of each other not really a 'typo'?

Sounds like a typo to me and back then they didn't have backspace.

I'm not saying e.t.s came in helicopters but they easily could have brought them in their space ships.

No they couldn't. Why on Earth would a species capable of interstellar faster than light travel still be using helicopters? What are the odds that they too would invent the helicopter on their planet to bring it here? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They've got spaceships right? Flying saucers? What's wrong with using them to get around? Clearly they are a better more advanced design than a helicopter.

This may be true for the one on the left but it clearly shows a helmet on the right.

And for some reason the ancients couldn't have had helmets?

Haha yea right I'd like to see a thorough debunking of an hour and a half of mainly phd's presenting evidence lol would have been funny to see that attempted

Well you've put me up to it, give me a couple of days and I'll get back to you.

its made out of granite and other stone so that it would last thousands of years.

There's no evidence that aliens made any stone monuments. Why exactly would a civilization come across space to help us build pyramids and religious centers out of a building material like stone? Not only do the motivations of the aliens not make sense but we often know the motivations of the HUMANS who built the monuments - The pyramids are tombs for instance - The idea that our ancestors could not put big stone blocks on top of each other is insulting to them.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
delete post-connection error...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by mb2591

I'm saying they must all be basiclly the same or descended from one another for them to be true otherwise they're just made up.

But they aren't the same. Do they describe similar deities? Sure they do. Are they based on foundational mythologies that are similar? Probably. Does that make them true? No. Myths can have similarities without being true. That is another danger zone of ancient astronaut theories, similarities in myth do not mean that the myths suddenly gain credibility as describing actual events. Are we to assume that similarities between Star Wars and Star Trek also lend them credibility?

say its hieroglyphs that were inscribed on top of each other not really a 'typo'?

Sounds like a typo to me and back then they didn't have backspace.

I'm not saying e.t.s came in helicopters but they easily could have brought them in their space ships.

No they couldn't. Why on Earth would a species capable of interstellar faster than light travel still be using helicopters? What are the odds that they too would invent the helicopter on their planet to bring it here? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They've got spaceships right? Flying saucers? What's wrong with using them to get around? Clearly they are a better more advanced design than a helicopter.

This may be true for the one on the left but it clearly shows a helmet on the right.

And for some reason the ancients couldn't have had helmets?

Haha yea right I'd like to see a thorough debunking of an hour and a half of mainly phd's presenting evidence lol would have been funny to see that attempted

Well you've put me up to it, give me a couple of days and I'll get back to you.

its made out of granite and other stone so that it would last thousands of years.

There's no evidence that aliens made any stone monuments. Why exactly would a civilization come across space to help us build pyramids and religious centers out of a building material like stone? Not only do the motivations of the aliens not make sense but we often know the motivations of the HUMANS who built the monuments - The pyramids are tombs for instance - The idea that our ancestors could not put big stone blocks on top of each other is insulting to them.

Ok. You don't seem to have an open mind so commenting on your first response would do no good.

About the said 'typo' I have already proved how this couldn't be a 'typo'. I don't even think there are any 'typos' in ancient egypt..

Not saying they didn't have helmets.. but this doesn't look like anything that we have found remains of.

Good luck.

I didn't say that aliens made the evidence, I was saying people made the evidence by seeing these things and carving/ painting on to stone and making what they saw out of stone. Is it that insulting even today we, with all our machine tool and cranes and what not would not be able to build the great pyramid of giza in the time (22 years) that is accepted by the mainstream.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by arriana

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by mb2591

My question is, if you can believe in aliens, can you believe in God too?

I don't see why not. Even the Bible leaves the possibility open, just 'cos he created the earth in 6 days doesn't mean he didn't create any other worlds.

Ah. Well said,
Aliens being "real" aka solid evidence, would not change my belief in God or the "divine".

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The only thing that I can say is that there are many different faces of this argument.

Can you believe in God if you believe in aliens? Why not

Can you believe in aliens if you believe in God? Sure.

Can the aliens be God? That's a possibility.

Personally, I say yes to all three in the fact that all of them seem plausible, as long as you have an open mind towards such things, if not, well then, it's obvious we wouldn't be talking much anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shell310
Hi, I'm new and this is my first post. I feel the need to tell someone about some experiences my family and I have been having for years now. I completely believe aliens are real, they are visiting us, watching us, studying us, trying to communicate and trying to tell us something. When I was about 7 years old, a very large bright light flooded my second floor bedroom in the middle of the night. I woke up the next morning, not remembering anything but the bright light. And for the past 12 years my hubby, son, daughter and I have been "visited" regularly by grey aliens. One is about 5 ft 8 or so, the others are small as if they were children. Something strange will happen, like a straw will float through the air, we see a shadow, the radio will turn down/lights off, drawers open etc and then many times we catch a glimpse of one. But only for a few seconds as if they are shy or caught by surprise. We also hear what sounds like chatter, like a couple people mumbling all at the same time. Our cats sense there's something odd in the house at times too. They like to wake us up at night as if just to bug us. I haven't told too many people except for family, I'm sure I sound like I'm crazy. We do have one picture hubby took right after a straw came floating past us from the kitchen. Might be our imagination but we see a small alien face in it. I will have to figure out how to post the picture.

I have a hard time believing this because if I was in your shoes and this was happening to me I would have the whole house wired with surveillance equipment to find out what was really going on and have proof to back up my story.

We have tried taking pictures and video as well but have not been able to get anything other than one fluke picture years ago. Each time when something happens, I will turn on my digital camera and it will make weird noises and won't take a proper picture. We use two other camera and the same thing happens. As for the video camera, it would skip or miss frames when recording during or right after and incident. So, nothing on video to show as proof. As for wiring the whole house with surveillance, we have seriously thought of that but do you know how expensive that would be? Hubby refuses to pay that kind of money to buy all sorts of equipment. I had setup my regular video camera at night but have never caught anything, it's like they know we are trying to catch them. Sneaky little buggers lol. I know it sounds hard to believe, but we do see this stuff and we do believe it isn't our minds playing tricks but so hard to prove to others. Although many times when people have stayed over, they have experienced things too, but mainly spirits and objects moving, but not seen aliens.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Hi, I'm new and this is my first post. I feel the need to tell someone about some experiences my family and I have been having for years now. I completely believe aliens are real, they are visiting us, watching us, studying us, trying to communicate and trying to tell us something. When I was about 7 years old, a very large bright light flooded my second floor bedroom in the middle of the night. I woke up the next morning, not remembering anything but the bright light. And for the past 12 years my hubby, son, daughter and I have been "visited" regularly by grey aliens. One is about 5 ft 8 or so, the others are small as if they were children. Something strange will happen, like a straw will float through the air, we see a shadow, the radio will turn down/lights off, drawers open etc and then many times we catch a glimpse of one. But only for a few seconds as if they are shy or caught by surprise. We also hear what sounds like chatter, like a couple people mumbling all at the same time. Our cats sense there's something odd in the house at times too. They like to wake us up at night as if just to bug us. I haven't told too many people except for family, I'm sure I sound like I'm crazy. We do have one picture hubby took right after a straw came floating past us from the kitchen. Might be our imagination but we see a small alien face in it. I will have to figure out how to post the picture.

I have a hard time believing this because if I was in your shoes and this was happening to me I would have the whole house wired with surveillance equipment to find out what was really going on and have proof to back up my story.

We have tried taking pictures and video as well but have not been able to get anything other than one fluke picture years ago. Each time when something happens, I will turn on my digital camera and it will make weird noises and won't take a proper picture. We use two other camera and the same thing happens. As for the video camera, it would skip or miss frames when recording during or right after and incident. So, nothing on video to show as proof. As for wiring the whole house with surveillance, we have seriously thought of that but do you know how expensive that would be? Hubby refuses to pay that kind of money to buy all sorts of equipment. I had setup my regular video camera at night but have never caught anything, it's like they know we are trying to catch them. Sneaky little buggers lol. I know it sounds hard to believe, but we do see this stuff and we do believe it isn't our minds playing tricks but so hard to prove to others. Although many times when people have stayed over, they have experienced things too, but mainly spirits and objects moving, but not seen aliens.

Here is a 4 camera system for under $200 dollars thats not to expensive. I would love to see what your talking about. www.overstock.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm checking that out right now. But it has to be wireless and it looks like it is! Easy to install too and comes with a DVR. I could put one in the living room, hallways, and near two of the bedrooms where a lot of activity seems to be taking place. Just have to talk hubby into it lol. We could not only get the aliens but whatever else is here too. We've had experiences with both aliens and spirits (?) for many years and have followed us in three moves, they definately like hanging around us for some reason. Would terrific if we caught a lot more than just one little ol pic.

Oh, maybe it's not wireless...can still work with cables.
edit on 1-6-2011 by shell310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I completely agree with the thread creator. Faith is defined as "Faith is hope and belief in the goodness or trustworthiness, of a person, concept or entity." We have no evidence of God existing and many have argued that religion is completely and utterly pointless - this is not my opinion however. We have hope and belief that God exists...but we have no definitive proof. We have hope, belief and EVIDENCE that suggests aliens do exist. I know which side of this debate I'm supporting at the moment.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe there may be some sort of god as well as aliens and spirits and most likely other forces as well. I don't know what god is or what he/she would be, alien? spirit? a real person who once existed? Or a little of all? I do have belief that there is something higher than us but without proof it's hard to say. There are tons of pictures of aliens and ghosts but I don't remember anyone being able to get a picture of God.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Is it that insulting even today we, with all our machine tool and cranes and what not would not be able to build the great pyramid of giza in the time (22 years) that is accepted by the mainstream.

People say this all the time but has anybody actually attempted it? No. Really this sort of thing just speaks to how incredible an achievement it truly is, simply because its an amazing feat doesn't mean we can claim that aliens did it. This is what's known as an argument from ignorance, when ancient astronaut theorists use this fallacy it usually goes like this

"I can't see how ancient humans could have made this therefore aliens" or "We don't have a satisfactory explanation for how they built this therefore ALIENS."

Obviously the alien explanation does not logically follow our lack of understanding. Perhaps it's best to just admit it's a mystery rather than adding in aliens for which we have no evidence.

I'll get to the debunking of the video when I get time to watch it and do the necessary research, might make my own thread about it eventually.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Well if we go by mainstream historians they say it was done with slave labor, an achievement but certainly not incredible.... I mean if I was a tyrant and coerced people into doing my will I could accomplish many feats too but that does not imply that it is incredible in my opinion. I mean think about a circus, you can beat the bejesus out of a bear strapped to a bicycle until it can ride that bike, but does that make it an incredible feat or a huge injustice and cruelty?

Honestly there is evidence to support both sides of this story that Gods/Aliens had a hand in it and then there is evidence that humans did it on their own. Neither can be historically proven fact, we simply just don't know what really happen.

The problem I have with main stream historians is they tell us about all these amazing things that our ancestors did in our ancient past and yet the majority of us today are no where as intelligent as our ancestors. They knew more about the solar system and whats in it than your average college student today. They managed to accomplish this without the use technology such as telescopes or any sort of sophisticated equipment.

Another thing I would like to point out, that pyramids seem to pop up over all corners of the globe during the same generalized time period, even though main stream historians would have us believe that these peoples did not have contact with each other. Yes, the pyramid is the easiest way to build tall buildings for an unsophisticated people but the fact remains that they seem to pop up all across the globe in the same general time period.

Then we have explorer/historian Thor Heyerdahl who spent the majority of his career proving to the main stream historians that our ancient peoples could have circumnavigated the globe and been in communication with each other even with using mainstream historical technology. (NOTE: Thor's book is called The RA Expeditions) Yet it is still not accepted. So are historians trying to postulate that civilization that had zero contact with one another just all had epiphany moments and came up with the idea of the pyramid? I mean honestly, they wont accept that they were in contact. They wont accept that the "Gods" could have been real flesh and blood visitors that traveled the globe and had different names in different places.

Pyramids are also just one example of things that seems to spontaneously pop up in cultures all around the world that had no contact according to main stream historians. My research has been mainly on symbols that pop up all over the globe through ancient history in cultures around the world yet there is no possibility for this because they were not in contact.

So this leads me to four possible conclusions:

1. We have peoples who were in contact with each other using ancient technology.

2. We have peoples who were in contact with each other who had way more advanced knowledge and technology than we give them credit for and then somehow this has been lost to the world since.

3. We have peoples whom were contacted by "Gods/Aliens" and they brought these technologies and symbols with them when they traveled the globe.

4. We have a universal consciousness and that's how these spontaneous events/ideas seem to happen in unison without contact.

NOTE: One of the big examples of the symbols which I speak of is the swastika, do some research on that symbol from before Hitler took it and made it what it means today. This is just one of many symbols that seems to spontaneously popup across the globe.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist
Correct me if I'm wrong but is there anywhere in the Bible where it says
He only created humans
, or there are no aliens?

I doubt it.

Interpretation is applied for ppl who try and fit Aliens into their religion to qualm their cognitive dissonance.

They use vague texts from the old testament to infer God created Aliens too. The bible clearly puts man at the center of creation.

How can God forget to tell us about space-faring far superior beings? That's because the God of the bible doesn't exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join