It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can believe in God you can believe in Aliens.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I will start off by saying the proof has been here for thousands of years. You don't need videos or photos to believe just an open mind.

First let's put ourselves in the shoes of any of the ancient civilized people. How would you describe a flying saucer, or people that had the abilities to do things that you couldn't imagine or comprehend. Would you not describes these people as gods? Infact it would seem as if all major religions are descended from the sumerian creation stories.

Lets look at some pictures from ancient times that seem impossible for that period of time.

This looks very much like a flying saucer does it not?

Hmm a helicopter looking thing and more flying saucers this isn't unsual at all

People in space suits?

Watch ancient aliens the series for a wealth of information on this subject.
Heres the first episode www.youtube.com...

I have acquired a wealth of information from researching this subject and would be more than happy to elaborate more and or answer questions on this subject.
edit on 31-5-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

My question is, if you can believe in aliens, can you believe in God too?

Take a look in this link:

Source

- Vimanas
- The Moai of Easter Island
- Puma Punku (my favorite)
- The Book of Ezekiel

edit on 31-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Better yet can we not 'believe' in anything. As John Keel once said 'Belief is the enemy'. The very minute that you 'believe in' something its like that critical thinking portion of your brain shuts down. So please don't say you 'believe' in aliens. It's not (supposed to be) a religion. Thanks.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by mb2591

I don't see why not. Even the Bible leaves the possibility open, just 'cos he created the earth in 6 days doesn't mean he didn't create any other worlds.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Imagine if god is an alien - a 2 fir..!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Belief in either Gods or Aliens requires faith. Plain and simple.

Until we have definitive proof, people will believe what they want to believe. Even with proof, some will never believe.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
of course...
If you believe that aliens with "magical powers", are traveling insane amounts of distances, to rape humans and do other things on earth, you have to be open minded to god.

I believe in God No doubt. I believe in Aliens just based on logically they have to be out there somewhere.
edit on 31-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but is there anywhere in the Bible where it says
He only created humans
, or there are no aliens?

I doubt it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Does your statement go both ways? If you can believe in Aliens, can you believe in God? I find that many think the belief in aliens explains God (and that God is only an explanation of something that they didn't understand), but to me, things worked the other way around... I originally did not believe in God but my belief in aliens led to a belief in extra-dimensional creatures which opened up the possibility (and likelihood) of God. If the story of the master of deception making us disbelieve God is true, then the story of aliens from another planet would be a great way to do so.

But I do agree with your point... I think the proof left by our ancient ancestors indeed confirms that we were visited by beings of unknown origin. I just hope that people are open to all ideas of where these beings are from and not limited to our understanding of the universe (which I doubt we will every fully understand)

reply to post by RUSSO

Yar... you beat me to the punch!
edit on 31-5-2011 by MikeyBones because: 'cause someone beat me to the punch and said what I said first... I thought I should give credit where credit is due

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
According to Micheal Tsarion, our creator is alien:

video.google.com...#

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wow you guys are quick to respond. Yes you can believe in what ever you want. For me to believe in something though I like to see some sort of evidence and I will say i don't exactly believe in a god that is depicted by any religion though.

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by RUSSO

Imagine if god is an alien - a 2 fir..!

This is sort of what I was implying by my original post

Originally posted by countduckula24
Better yet can we not 'believe' in anything. As John Keel once said 'Belief is the enemy'. The very minute that you 'believe in' something its like that critical thinking portion of your brain shuts down. So please don't say you 'believe' in aliens. It's not (supposed to be) a religion. Thanks.

I agree with this except once you have enough evidence you can 'know or believe' something is true. What if you lived by this, would you not believe 1+1=2?

Originally posted by MikeyBones
Does your statement go both ways? If you can believe in Aliens, can you believe in God? I find that many think the belief in aliens explains God (and that God is only an explanation of something that they didn't understand), but to me, things worked the other way around... I originally did not believe in God but my belief in aliens led to a belief in extra-dimensional creatures which opened up the possibility (and likelihood) of God. If the story of the master of deception making us disbelieve God is true, then the story of aliens from another planet would be a great way to do so.

But I do agree with your point... I think the proof left by our ancient ancestors indeed confirms that we were visited by beings of unknown origin. I just hope that people are open to all ideas of where these beings are from and not limited to our understanding of the universe (which I doubt we will every fully understand)

reply to post by RUSSO

Yar... you beat me to the punch!
edit on 31-5-2011 by MikeyBones because: 'cause someone beat me to the punch and said what I said first... I thought I should give credit where credit is due

This I think can only be answered in 'death' however I do believe there is life after death but not as reincarnation.

edit on 31-5-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
By definition "God" would fall under both the Alien and Extra-Terrestrial categories. So in turn if you believe in "God" someone/thing that exists/existed outside our sphere that would imply "God" is indeed extra-terrestrial, and it would also imply that "God" is an alien because God isn't from our sphere. So that being said its quite amusing that we have a planet filled with people who believe in "God" and yet they don't understand the definition of the simple terms used above. Educate yourself folks.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-5-2011 by MattPreuss because: *fixed spelling

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattPreuss
By definition "God" would fall under both the Alien and Extra-Terrestrial categories. So in turn if you believe in "God" someone/thing that exists/existed outside our sphere that would imply "God" is indeed extra-terrestrial, and it would also imply that "God" is an alien because God isn't from our sphere. So that being said its quite amusing that we have a planet filled with people who believe in "God" and yet they don't understand the definition of the simple terms used above. Educate yourself folks.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-5-2011 by MattPreuss because: *fixed spelling
You're calling something well beyond this universe extraterrestrial and alien. You're also implying it has a physical body by saying it's extraterrestrial. You're also saying it's alien to us, yet we all have a soul which was given and can connect to the divine, making us part terrestrial and part celestial.

How is that alien to us? How is it terrestrial? Technically, God and the Heavens are extra-celestial, not ET.

I don't understand this thread though. It makes no sense to me that people need to pick sides, like God or Aliens, or Religion or Science. To me, it all goes hand in hand, to some extent at least.

For the record, I know both exist without a doubt. This universe is not just our playground, but all things out there are connected to us and we them.

Cheers.
edit on 31/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I would argue that is you currently believe in god you believe in aliens. That is if you belong to one of the main religions. It is quite possible that aliens have been visiting us for a long time now and posing as gods. If people had the chance they would do the same thing.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What if you don't believe in either of these fantasies? (God and "Aliens")

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There is a confusion here. We must separate 3 concepts.

1.- God as The Supreme Being or The Father is ONE.

2.- The first group of E.T.s (I don't like the term alien), are those in a closer connection with Him. They serve God in different ways and they are called angels many times. The word "angel" means Messenger of God, I like to see them as missionaries. The Elohims are the architects of God's will, they also can be considered in this group. Their higher vibratory level is perceived by us as a deep emotional sense of spirituality and harmony, but blocked many times for our lower level and manifested as fear or panic. This is the #1 reason they can't contact all the people. Also, that explains why many experiences take place at night when we sleep, when our emotional body is more easy to control because the alpha waves of the brain inducing a relaxed state.

3.- The second group of E.T.s. Grays, reptilian and many others who had been with us since acient times, taking advantage of mankind in different ways. The ignorance of people at the beginning of the civilization gave them the "god status", just because these beings were able to perform prodigies. "Fallen angels", trying to take God's place in areas of the world like Sumeria (or Sumer), are a good example.

As I understand, it's a mistake to consider E.T.s good or evil, since their concepts of these 2 terms are totaly different from ours. Take as an example an abductee, forced to take part in experiments to create an hybrid. Aren't we hybrids already. Don't we do the same with animals, in order to test medicines? Is the Wrath of God cruel or just a fair sense of justice that we can't understand?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thousands of years ago people worshiped things that they could see as gods. ie the Sun, Moon, stars and the earth itself. The christian god only came about as a way to subjugate the masses and drive fear into their hearts. The original divide and rule if you like. "Do you believe in God? Good. Give me all your money and you'll be rewarded in Heaven." "You don't believe! Then if the church don't get you the Devil will."
Aliens are real. Fact

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgydave
Thousands of years ago people worshiped things that they could see as gods. ie the Sun, Moon, stars and the earth itself. The christian god only came about as a way to subjugate the masses and drive fear into their hearts. The original divide and rule if you like. "Do you believe in God? Good. Give me all your money and you'll be rewarded in Heaven." "You don't believe! Then if the church don't get you the Devil will."
Aliens are real. Fact

That's another mistake. There is no christian god, is only ONE GOD. The christian references to God, are human interpretations of Him, the terms "christian god" or "muslim god" or "whatever god" are just our poor interpretations. God is for everybody, including those who don't believe in God.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I do not believe Aliens are God...That borders on Cult territory.

Well there are the "Raeliens Religion" for people who believe that.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Raelian Movement teaches that life on Earth was scientifically created by a species of extraterrestrials, which they call the Elohim.

And many other Alien/UFO religions..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Gold Oil Drugs. The G.O.D that most people worship today!
Drugs Oil Gold. DOG And the ancient Egyptians were right again... or was it cats?
Anyway, I can see the stars. Stars are suns. Suns have planetary systems. There are lots of them. Chances are at least one of the billions and billions of planets will have a form of life. Not originating from Earth this life will be "alien." Therefor aliens are real.
God the bible and all the rest are made up fairytales

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join