It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition to Secure Our Borders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Will the real natural born in this country please stand up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you are a Native American then you can say yes I will stand up.

The rest of us have nothing to say.

By the way, the natives tribes use to travel from the northern part of the continent to the southern part so even the natives of the now so call other nations that makes the Americas had always free pass from north to south until border were drawn.

After the Americas were discovered most of the southern and west of US used to belong to the then Mexican government.

Does this make and excuse, not it does not but is another side of the migrations of Mexican born and South American, see I worked with migrant workers children for the county I work with in Georgia and they do have rights and they have protection.

If terrorist from other countries are coming through those borders I will said that is the job of the homeland security to stop them and filter them from the migrant workers.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It's not going to happen, they won't be secured...

Or closed for that matter.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

This is so sad to come to this point in wish we in the name of security have to forget the very reason this nation became the great nation that it is now.

The roots of our democracy and the roots of our humble beginnings came together as a group of refugees or (Immigrants from another country) with the only reason of being able to choose the way they wanted to worship religion.

Yes, we have a problem with our borders but the regular person or immigrant is not our problem but the way the government has forgotten that with the good people the bad ones will come too.

This country is starting to turn their fears into prejudice and racism. When anybody said Latinos or Spanish it affects my family and me personally because I am Spanish and my children are of Spanish decent.

People be careful and no to let your concern for the safety of our country turn into hatred toward your fellow Americans.

I beg to differ. It doesn't take an Einstein to realize that "terrorists" can come right through the border, or anyone else that is hostile towards us for that matter. How would securing our borders be 'forgetting' how we became great? We are a nation with law and we need to enforce it. Securing our border doesnt mean banning any and all from moving to this nation. It simply means we ban those that don't come through LEGALLY.

With all this threat about terrorism, if we truly want to stop the threat, the border being safe would cut down that threat by an incredible amount. But our government (both parties) seems not to want to do this, however at the same time, they'd rather punish American citizens by declining our civil liberties. This is one of many factors that makes me suspicious of our government's motives with all this terrorism. It seems they want to keep a no-brainer security measure like protecting the borders from happening. Therefore, more terrorism will happen, and therefore they will try to "fix it" by tightening the noose around us citizens even more. This is why it seems to me that elements in the government are allowing this to happen, or are even the perpetrators. It pisses me off!

By the way, thanks for sharing this petition! I'm signing it!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
SimpleTruth,

In my last post I explain that it is the job of the FBI and homeland and security to filter the terrorist coming through our borders from the migrant workers.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
SimpleTruth,

In my last post I explain that it is the job of the FBI and homeland and security to filter the terrorist coming through our borders from the migrant workers.

You say migrant workers, do you mean legal or illegal? Legal migrant workers will have no problem because they will have the correct documents to come and go. The problem is illegal migrant workers, they are raping the US and sending her back to Mexico. That is what i have a problem with. Not LEGAL migrant workers or LEGAL migration, they are welcome. That is how this country was created but you must enter legally so we can keep track of who enters and who goes. They know when i come or go as they should with every American. The war on terrorism changed the free world and we have to adapt if we are going to succeed.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's the job of the Border Patrol and the Coast Guard to stop all illegals from coming into the country, period!

Until they are supplied with the money to do the job they are there for it wont get done.

It is not a job for the FBI, the Army, Air Force, Navy, or Marines. It would be a part of each border states' National Guards job but they're overseas where they dont belong fighting the regular Armys' battles so they really cant help.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
still say we should take mexico and canada, then it will be easier to protect our borders...
(only kidding, so don't flame.)

But, if we could somehow bring the standard of living up in mexico to meet ours and canada's, instead of worrying about the people living halfway around the world, well, we'd solve alot of the problems of them wanting to come here. And, I believe that their border isn't as wide as ours?? we could just help them protect that border. and get canada to clean our their dangerous illegals. but, while we are so worried about the terrorists coming into our country, do we still have arabs learning in our universities, legally on student visas? How many are still being welcomed into the states with opened arms? The men they picked up in albany, I imagine were here legally..or else I imagine they wouldn't have been running a Mosque???

ya, know, gee...I would sign the thing, because I know that at least in NY they are picking them up, and being told to let them go!!! But, I'm afraid they would use it as an excuse to make my home (upstate NY) into a police state. Then they would probably be picking them up, and letting them go, but dragging people like me to places like guatanomo bay!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
deeprivergal
thanks. I signed the petition.... I agree... desperate times deserve desperate measures.

SupaFly...so correct these are different times, ...and require different policies.
I want to clarify I am not against legal immigration but against illegal immigration. I live just a few hours away from the Mexican border, illegal immigrants have been coming in for as many years as I can remember,just to be picked up ..slapped on the wrist and returned only for them to return in a week or so... what a joke. Since 9/11 american people want safety, this should be our main concern. This is NOT an issue of prejudice and racism....but one of safety.Some terriorist have come in thru the Mexican border. If something isn't done about it, what kind of future do you see for this country and your children? Scary thought isn't it??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join