It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition to Secure Our Borders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think our borders are a huge issue. My uncle sent me this link, he said "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", and I instinctively knew that our property lines were the first line of defense. Don't your dogs even know that, and bark at, charge at and challenge and sometimes even attack strange people and other animals that come across your property lines??? My goodness, I just realized that even our dogs have more Common Sense than our elected representatives."

I have already signed the petition and thought I would give the rest of youthe opportunity to sign it as well.

About the Petition:
Illegal immigration is one of the most serious threats facing our nations security. To this end, our nation MUST make this a NUMBER ONE priority, and aggressively address this problem at its source to truly stop the flow of illegal immigrants flooding into our nation.

Grassfire has launched this national petition to raise 100,000 citizens calling for our elected leadership to Secure Our Borders. Furthermore, we have outlined a six-point plan of action that among other things, would secure our borders, and protect the jobs and lifestyles of the legal residents living in our nation.

Grassfire

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well hope Bush gets re-elected cause Kerry won't do crap about it. Only reason I am saying this is because Bush won't have to worry about re-election if he wins and can afford to piss off the hispanic community.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Illegal immigration is one of the most serious threats facing our nations security.

What a great stinking load of horse manure.

Illegal Mexican immigrants are somehow ENDANGERING YOUR LIVES?

Illegal Syrian immigrants?

What about LEGAL immigrants? What about anyone with dark skin?

This is the stupid thread I have ever seen anywhere, sorry to say.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? WHY DON'T YOU LOOK AT WHY THE USA IS SO HATED AND TRY TO FIX THAT?

That's an ounce of prevention, not putting up a giant barbed wire fence around your country.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
10% of illegal drugs come through Mexico, thats 10% too many. I don't care if your white, brown or green, you should not be sneaking illegally into our country.

These illegal immigrants, also take our jobs if we deported them there would be a rise in open jobs, even if it may be tomato farming.

Jakomo-

Iillegal immigration is a grave threat. If there is no security there, anyone can get it, terrorists even can get in here and wreck havoc.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is so sad to come to this point in wish we in the name of security have to forget the very reason this nation became the great nation that it is now.

The roots of our democracy and the roots of our humble beginnings came together as a group of refugees or (Immigrants from another country) with the only reason of being able to choose the way they wanted to worship religion.

Yes, we have a problem with our borders but the regular person or immigrant is not our problem but the way the government has forgotten that with the good people the bad ones will come too.

This country is starting to turn their fears into prejudice and racism. When anybody said Latinos or Spanish it affects my family and me personally because I am Spanish and my children are of Spanish decent.

People be careful and no to let your concern for the safety of our country turn into hatred toward your fellow Americans.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

This is so sad to come to this point in wish we in the name of security have to forget the very reason this nation became the great nation that it is now.

The roots of our democracy and the roots of our humble beginnings came together as a group of refugees or (Immigrants from another country) with the only reason of being able to choose the way they wanted to worship religion.

This is true, but these are also different times.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
SupaFly,

I know it is different times and I am aware that our borders need more security but who is to blame.?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
JediMaster:

Jakomo-

Iillegal immigration is a grave threat. If there is no security there, anyone can get it, terrorists even can get in here and wreck havoc.

I agree, but LOOK at what that petition includes.

No amnesty. Until the flow of illegal immigration is stopped, our nation should not even consider granting amnesty or other similar efforts (such as the current "temporary worker" proposal) that provide legal residency, privileges or other benefits to current illegal aliens.

Aggressive deportation. Immediate investment in aggressive effort to deport the 12 million illegal immigrants currently within our borders if youre caught, you are sent back.

No benefits. Erect a wall of separation between illegal aliens (and their children) and tax-dollar paid benefits reserved for U.S. citizens and legal aliens.

No work. Stricter punishment of U.S. businesses that knowingly employ illegal aliens. Establish national database of legal immigrants to assist both public and private sectors in this effort.

English first. Legislation that establishes English as the required and preeminent language throughout the United States. Public and private sectors cannot be required to provide services in alternative languages.

So in other words, let's stop most of the LAWS that made us who we are, and let's just say it's because of the War on Terrrrrrah!

Pablo who washes dishes for 45 cents an hour at McDonald's is killing your family.

PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS CANNOT BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SERVICES IN ALTERNATE LANGUAGES? Screw all you Latinos.

What's the next step, do you saunter over to the Statue Of Liberty and sandblast the placard that says "Give us your weak, huddled masses....etc"?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What's the point in blaming anyone? Like you said, this country was built on immigrants. Personally, I think we have enough now. I'm not ignorant on the matter, but what is the answer?

It's just unfortunate that it has come to the point that we really have to start scrutinizing who we let in. I'm sorry if this personally affects you and your family. Is it selfish for me to want a more secure border that protects my nation or more selfish for you to want just your family to continue "crossing the border"? I'm not saying that to be mean (i don't know if your family continues to migrate here or not), but looking at the big picture- what options do we have? I don't see it as a racism issue. I understand that the bad people will come with the good. If that's the case, then let the good be happy in their own land. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
SupaFly,

I am not offended just affected at least we all agree something has to be done, but it has to be in a way that it does not take away the principles in wish this nation has his roots.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Securing our borders would be a fantastic investment with a nice payoff down the road.....but not as fun as taking over other countries......just can't beat that rush of gambling $500 billion on a regime change.

The immigrants aren't the problem......the fact that any terrorist can walk into the US from Mexico is. I don't see why we need a petition like this....simply put up a fence and watchtowers/guard dogs and add more coast guard.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
haha "THEY TOOK OUR JJOOBBSS"-Stan's Dad on South Park

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think the petition goes a little to far in its' current form. I think I would sign it though. Then the issues that it represents can be considered on a one at a time basis. Just like when a bill gets passed by the House and another by the Senate on the same issue, the final version is most likely going to be different. Then the President has his say. It does need to be toned down. Some of it is way to hardcore.

BTW, I see some of you still dont see the difference between stopping all access to the countny by closing the borders alltogether and stoping the flow of illegals.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

People be careful and no to let your concern for the safety of our country turn into hatred toward your fellow Americans.

hello, our county was populated by LEGAL immigrants, not people sneaking in illegally or people who only sneak in to work for a few months then go back into mexico....

its not good to let them come illegally, securing the border dont mean totally blocking everyone out, just illegals, whats wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
maybe not the people but what comes into the country!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
How far are you willing to go to secure the borders? At what point do we say "enough?"

Is it with the measures shown here? They will fail. As long as there is a hope of a better life with higher paying jobs, they will come. As long as there's a quota of how many we'll let in, there will be illegals.

You say that we can simply punish the companies that hire the illegals with greater and greater penalties. At what point does the responsibility stop? If I have a company with 50 people, and one was found to be an illegal alien, do I face a penalty? How about if the company had 500? 1000? 10000?

What documented evidence would be enough to get an employer off the hook? Will a "reasonably valid" driver's license and social security card do? A birth certificate? If we do not have some sort of acceptable level for this, you may find employers denueing themselves of all employees that sound as if they _may_ be an illegal alien.

While I understand that there are concerns about immigration, I have yet to see a well thought-out plan to deal with it. Most that I have seen are isolationist chest-thumping (e.g.: machine-gun turrets and landmines) or idealistic fantasies.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Here is a Jeff Rense Windows Media interview with Frosty Wooldridge and John Slagle on illegal invasion:

Hour 1

Hour 2

Hour 3

This discussion is pretty one sided, but I agree with them in that it doesnt matter who is jumping the border, it shouldn't be happening. I also agree with the discussion about the squatting in large numbers that goes on and the diseases that are being brought into the US, such as T.B. etc. Take the info they talk about here and then do some research to verify it. The amount of money they say illegals are sending back to mexico is in the billions, but it would help to be able to find other sources stating the same.

Im not American so it doesnt effect me, but I thought it would be an interesting listen for those who are.

Note: The Jeff Rense Archive will only be free until the 16th of August 2004, which is in 10 days. Then you will have to pay to listen. Being in another country, I stopped listening to Art bell a long time ago when he started charging to listen to his archives, so I guess now another one bites the dust.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Through Legal immigration, LEGAL immigration

We welcome immigration but not illegal immigration. After Sept. 11th we need to know who is entering the US, it is for my and Americas saftey.

Yes, we have a problem with our borders but the regular person or immigrant is not our problem but the way the government has forgotten that with the good people the bad ones will come too.

Yes but they will be documented, thats all we ask. If you come to America, do it legally. Why is that so hard for people to understand. I don't want my tax money to go to some illegal immigrant who then makes money, only pays sales tax when they buy something, and then they send the rest of the money home (NOT in USA). That not only hurts me and you but it hurts our economy. The jobs these illegals get could be jobs poor and homeless Americans could do to get them off the street. I am a American for Americans not ILLEGAL ALIENS. There is a reason why they are called ILLEGALS,

This country is starting to turn their fears into prejudice and racism. When anybody said Latinos or Spanish it affects my family and me personally because I am Spanish and my children are of Spanish decent.

It shouldn't effect you unless you are illegal, if you are legal then you are getting screwed too. It is time that you reaslize, your family is being affected by these illegals. If you pay tax you should care where the money is going. I pay taxes and i care.

THEY ARE NOT AMERICANS, they snuck in illegaly. THEY ARE NOT AMERICAN CITIZENS. To be an American citizen you must have the documents, if you sneak in Undocumented then you are not an American citizen.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

JediMaster:

Jakomo-

I agree, but LOOK at what that petition includes.

No amnesty. Until the flow of illegal immigration is stopped, our nation should not even consider granting amnesty or other similar efforts (such as the current "temporary worker" proposal) that provide legal residency, privileges or other benefits to current illegal aliens.

AP---I agree, not until we get a better grip on who is and has entered the US illegaly through our "OPEN" borders

Aggressive deportation. Immediate investment in aggressive effort to deport the 12 million illegal immigrants currently within our borders if youre caught, you are sent back.

AP----Hell yea, find them and send them home, i am only willing to pay for their one way trip home. I wish i knew the amount of my tax money that went to illegals instead of Tax-Paying-Americans

No benefits. Erect a wall of separation between illegal aliens (and their children) and tax-dollar paid benefits reserved for U.S. citizens and legal aliens.

AP----And again, hell yea, US tax dollars should go to Americans and Americans only

No work. Stricter punishment of U.S. businesses that knowingly employ illegal aliens. Establish national database of legal immigrants to assist both public and private sectors in this effort.

AP---Mmmmk

English first. Legislation that establishes English as the required and preeminent language throughout the United States. Public and private sectors cannot be required to provide services in alternative languages.

AP----They speak French in France, German in Germany, we speak English in America. Atleast if we all spoke one language we would all be on the same page, Unity of LEGAL AMERICANS.

So in other words, let's stop most of the LAWS that made us who we are, and let's just say it's because of the War on Terrrrrrah!

AP---Breaking laws like illegal immigrats break when they come to America undocumented, about 1500 illegals break the law everyday.

Pablo who washes dishes for 45 cents an hour at McDonald's is killing your family.

AP----No, he is killing the homeless guy on the street outside the Mc D's, who is unfortunate American who needs a job but can't find one because all the illegals make, like you said, 45 cents an hour. Money that is not taxed when the illegal is payed. No Income Tax, no SS tax, no medicare and then they send the money home (NOT USA). How is that good for America?

PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS CANNOT BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SERVICES IN ALTERNATE LANGUAGES? Screw all you Latinos.

AP---NO, just screw the illegals. If you come to America, do it legally and learn the language. Try going to Mexico speaking English, you probably won't get far.

What's the next step, do you saunter over to the Statue Of Liberty and sandblast the placard that says "Give us your weak, huddled masses....etc"?

Uhhh
yea go for it!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Too much quoting guys, wow, I can't tell what is a response and what is a quote...

Anyway, yes this is an issue. People that come into this country legally is one thing, but people jumping the borders is totally different. We NEED to secure our borders. Not from innocent people looking for a better life, but from those who are looking to hurt our country. How do you determine who is who? You can't so you lock down the borders. Those who immigrate legally shouldn't have a problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join