It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug gangs compete for bounty from human trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Mexican drug gangs compete for bounty from human trafficking

www.globalpost.com

MEXICO CITY, Mexico — On a southern highway, Mexican police busted a record 513 foreign migrants crammed into two tractor trailers.

Across the country, Mexican soldiers rescued 180 migrants who were held for ransom. In a detention center, arrested migrants broke into a riot over poor conditions.

Those arrested in the two tractor trailers, which were busted in Chiapas state on May 17, said they each paid $7,000 for the ride in life-threatening conditions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Two billion dollars a year... that's what they estimate the gangs earn from smuggling people into the US...

Immigration officials estimate that more than 300,000 undocumented foreigners pour through Mexico each year to try to sneak over the southern U.S. border.

Most are from the Central American nations of Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras, but there are migrants from all corners of the globe, including China, Iraq, Nigeria, Cuba and India.

not all of these people get the safe journey they paid for.

Two officers in the southern state of Chiapas are accused of pimping Central American migrants out as prostitutes. Another six officers in the state of Tamaulipas, which borders Texas, are accused of selling migrants to drug cartels for $430 a victim.

Mexico’s National Human Rights Commission says last year there were a stunning 20,000 such kidnappings. Migrants are ransomed back to their families for as much as $1,000 USD and if they dont pay... well we've all see the other news stories... the ones of the mass graves with hundreds of bodies....

No drugs are not all of the cartels interests...

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
2 billion a year? Wow. That's a chunk of change. I wonder what kind of difference that makes for Mexico's economy. What do you think is more important to government? Money or the welfare of it's people? And what has Mexico shown us as far as priorities go? Maybe some of you are more informed on this than I. That is why I ask.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Surprise! I think there are higher ups in government making money off this illegal activity.
Just like somebody is tipping off criminals running drugs and guns for kickbacks, getting big payoffs to look the other way or even to help by providing cover and transportation networks of a legitimate American business. The same with human trafficking.

Its big business.
Impossible? We were so surprised to hear the Catholic Church has anything to do with child molestation yet went on for years under our noses. People we trusted with secret lives we knew nothing about.

Remember the Haitian children who were almost spirited away?
The black market includes slave traffickers and this is only the Mexican connection.

This is not just the Mexicans.
This is a global trade group a business, a black market corporation just like any other black market corporation like guns and the drug trade - legal and illegal. Human trafficking.

Once you know how deep ugly goes you will try to root it out at the source.

If you keep cutting off only the tip of the problem,
they only get smarter, better organized, grow bigger and worse.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
if you don't properly secure the borders and if you indulge in large scale amnesty all you do is perpetuate the cycle and the criminal smugglers will continue with their actions

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Guess this post is already started for the human trafficking. Hate to start a new thread so I'll just include these as well. It is a big problem everywhere but especially harms immigrants and migrants who have no rights at all.

Human trafficking ring busted

HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. (WVLT)- A human traffic ring up in Hamblen County - busted up in a joint operation between the FBI and the Hamblen County Sheriff's Department. Three local men were arrested earlier this week as part of a 5 month investigation into a brothel. It was on Springvale Road in the southeast part of the county.
Sheriff Esco Jarnigan tells us that women from Mexico were lured to East Tennessee with the promise of a good job.www.volunteertv.com...

‘Major’ human trafficking ring busted in Arizona

Authorities have dismantled a major cell of a human smuggling ring that may be responsible for the transportation of thousands of illegal immigrants from the U.S.-Mexico border to Phoenix and other parts of the country, investigators said Wednesday. Nine people were arrested Wednesday after a yearlong investigation. They have not yet been charged but are accused of picking up illegal immigrants after they crossed the border by foot, and taking them to what are known as drop houses in Phoenix before they were distributed to other parts of the country.www.ghanabusinessnews.com...

KC human trafficking ring busted

The last of 11 people charged in a big human trafficking case in western Missouri has been sentenced to a year in prison. St. Charles resident Andrew Cole is one of a dozen people arrested last year and charged with importing more than 1,000 workers to work for low wages in the Kansas City and Branson areas. Many of them also were shipped to Alabama to do factory work. Some worked for less than a dollar an hour.www.missourinet.com...

And...last but not least our very own Joe Arpaio! Who would have thunk it?
How can the agency responsible for fighting or regulating something be themselves guilty of the crime? Like asking how could Bernie Madoff steal.

Tea Party Sheriff’s Officers Busted For Drugs, Human Trafficking

ARIZONA – Anti-immigration Sheriff, Joe Arpaio, who is a Tea Party favorite due to his positions on immigration and racial profiling has an immigration problem of his own. Several officers in his office were arrested for allegedly running a heroin and human trafficking ring. AZ Central reports:newsone.com...

edit on 31-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by DaddyBare

Surprise! I think there are higher ups in government making money off this illegal activity.
Just like somebody is tipping off criminals running drugs and guns for kickbacks, getting big payoffs to look the other way or even to help by providing cover and transportation networks of a legitimate American business. The same with human trafficking.

Its big business.
Impossible? We were so surprised to hear the Catholic Church has anything to do with child molestation yet went on for years under our noses. People we trusted with secret lives we knew nothing about.

Remember the Haitian children who were almost spirited away?
The black market includes slave traffickers and this is only the Mexican connection.

This is not just the Mexicans.
This is a global trade group a business, a black market corporation just like any other black market corporation like guns and the drug trade - legal and illegal. Human trafficking.

Once you know how deep ugly goes you will try to root it out at the source.

If you keep cutting off only the tip of the problem,
they only get smarter, better organized, grow bigger and worse.

I ran a thread like that some three weeks ago -
Mexico immigration agency fires top officials amid reports of collusion with kidnappers
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It ran in Breaking Alternative News and received one flag and only my two comments. This was plainly about government collusion with kidnappers. Only one person cared enough to flag it.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I ran a thread like that some three weeks ago - Mexico immigration agency fires top officials amid reports of collusion with kidnappers www.abovetopsecret.com... It ran in Breaking Alternative News and received one flag and only my two comments. This was plainly about government collusion with kidnappers. Only one person cared enough to flag it.

Sometimes it is just the luck of the draw and depends on the time of day and who is on here when the first thread is run. Sometime your headline isn't a grabber. I don't know myself I find this a fickle audience pre occupied with small things that don't matter and aren't even real. Next time try putting the word SPIDER, HITLER or HATE in the title and it should get picked up and run with.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
To those who asked if the Government has a hand in this... the answer is an inequitable "Yes"
there in Mexico is a government office that supplies maps and advice on where and how to sneak into the States...
they even have radio broadcasts to let their people know when and where it's safe to cross... Now they don't just come right out and say the border patrol is out ... instead they post "Dangerous Animal" alerts...

new topics

top topics

join