It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO: Cell phone use can increase possible cancer risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

WHO: Cell phone use can increase possible cancer risk

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Radiation from cell phones can possibly cause cancer, according to the World Health Organization. The agency now lists mobile phone use in the same "carcinogenic hazard" category as lead, engine exhaust and chloroform.

Before its announcement Tuesday, WHO had assured consumers that no adverse health effects had been established.

A team of 31 scientists from 14 countries, including the United States, made the decision after reviewing peer-reviewed studies on cell phone safety. The team found enough evidence to categorize personal exposure as "possibly carcinogenic to humans."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is something I have been saying for a long time. I don't own a cell phone, and only did once for a short time before I decided not to be electronically leashed to the world.

Anyone who had used a cb radio or ham radio and accidently touched an active antenna should know about radiation burns, and well, cell phones are the same thing only in much smaller doses.

Accept it people, cell phones are BAD for you. In another 10 + years when brain cancer is rampant among cell phone users I will be there saying, I told you so.

Maybe somehow they will now try to make them safer?
There are to many signals already going through our bodies every second of every day with wireless internet and radio and tv signals, now cell phones.....

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this is the 3rd time this has been posted today.

thanks for playing though!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

really? I did a search and didn't turn up anything.

Sorry about that.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Good. There should be some natural consequence for walking around with a phone stuck to your head all day long, when you are driving, when you are walking, in line, at the register, ordering a meal in a restaurant, etc.

It is the single most annoying invention of my life time. I have had to listen to more loud inane conversation between morons because of it than I should have ever had to outside of hell.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
here they are
both were posted within 10 minutes of each other, around 1o'clock (est) so like 3-4 hours ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/31/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

apparently the search function gets a little wishy washy sometimes. no worries. hey...look at the second thread i linked. a moderator posted the story after someone else did. so if a mod can make the slip, it's obviously a common thing. no worries mate.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

They've known this for about 20 years but when an industry wants something bad enough
they will buy their own group of research scientists and come up with their own favorable results.
There's always some Congressman or Senator you can buy to push these nefarious things through to glad hand one of their constituents (campaign contributors) and pay them back for getting them elected.
If there's enough money in it they'll sell it and worry about the side effects later.
It is a pity. 20 years from now we'll hear how deadly those TSA scanners really are.
Deceased cancer patients will roll over in their graves saying thanks for letting premature
deaths be vindicated. Too bad we do thing so back aswards.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Thanks for the links to the other threads!

I wonder how many people will read the story and then pretend they never saw it.
There are millions of cell phone junkies out there. I've almost been killed by one driving her car while texting or something,cut me right off.

Cell phones are dangerous in MANY ways.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I dont know. The girl who was conducting the interview in the video looked pretty scared. You could tell without her even saying that she was a hard core cell phone user just by the look on her face.

Im curious to see what impact it is going to have on kids. I have seen studies showing the radiation penetrated much further into the brains of younger children and adolescents than adults. And since they are still in their formative years, brain wise, I would suspect the youth are going to get hit the hardest on this in terms of cancers.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

All three of my boys have cell phones. (They live with their mother)

It worries me,but because it is such an accepted tool these days, there is no point in trying to get them to stop using them, they wouldn't.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well, at the very least I would insist they wear the wire set up. Technically, if the WHO means business, there should eventually be some restrictions against children using them.

An article about the radiation penetration and children,

www.thecellphonechipstore.com...

Computer image comparison of the heads of adults and children demonstrates that cell phone radiation penetrates younger skulls far more deeply than those of adults.

This groundbreaking scientific study was conducted in 1996 by Dr. OM Ghandhi, Ph.D, a highly respected scientist at the University of Utah.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I saw news reports about this like 10 years ago... this is nothing new really.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ah, conflicting reports from the MSM time and gain the same old BS. The possibly has always been there for cancer, yet most ignore the fact because news further more confuses those seeking any truth of the matter.

To add to it, other variations of the news, is stating coffee as a carcinogen, Yahoo/AP for ex;

Cellphones a 'possible' carcinogen — like coffee

A respected international panel of scientists says cellphones are possible cancer-causing agents, putting them in the same category as the pesticide DDT, gasoline engine exhaust and coffee. Source:above link

"Like Coffee"?
Didn't just last week, the MSM raved about how coffee is so good for you?

Hah, just did a search on coffee and found this:

Healthy Living
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
5 health reasons to not quit coffee
Yahoo-Shine

new topics

top topics

join