It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Your Loved One's Nursing Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My parents are not in a nursing home, but for years my Grandmother was. I found out very quickly that residents who have frequent regular visitors are most likely to receive better care, so I made it my business to visit her every day and to pick her up to spend time with the rest of the family on weekends. I do not regret a single minute of it, as I treasure all of that time even more since she has been gone.

When I read this article today it broke my heart! Here is a link:

www.cnn.com...://" target="_blank" class="postlink">Antip sychotic Drugs For Nursing Home Patients

It is so sad that our elderly are being put in danger for no other reason than what I believe is that the drugs make them "easier to handle". PLEASE take an interest in the care your loved ones are getting in the nursing homes. Ask questions, not just of the aides but of the charge nurses, the physician in charge and the administrators. Pop in at different times and on different days to check on your loved ones. It can mean the difference between true quality care and simply "handling" them. Make sure WHAT medications your loved ones are being given and WHY.

If you DON'T know, you have noone to blame but yourself.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank You for the reminder. I will be seeing my Grandmother this thursday. She is the last grandparent I have and very dear to me. It breaks my heart that she has to be in there.
Hopefully she will get better thru her rehab/phys. therapy sessions and be able to come home again.

new topics

join