It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coward Jim Tressel Has Resigned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Jim Tressel, who guided Ohio State to its first national title in 34 years, resigned Monday amid NCAA violations from a tattoo-parlor scandal that sullied the image of one of the country's top football programs

Full article here

Tressel resigned because he knew that eventually the NCAA would find out that he knew about these violations all along and that the Ohio State University would terminate him once it became all to clear. He knew all along that this tattoos for memorabilia scam was going on and he did nothing about it to keep it from happening. Yet, he knew all along that this was going on and when it came time for his punishment to be handed down. What happens? He cowers and resigns as the head coach of the Ohio State "Suckeyes." The smart thing to have done was to stay and serve out the five game suspension that he was given. However, I will give the suspended players their credit since they did not declare for this year's NFL Draft and are staying with the school to ride out their suspensions. Yet, their oh so innocent head coach resigns from his post just so he doesn't have to serve a little suspension. Maybe he was just trying to salvage what little bit of honor and dignity he had left after this scandal just kept getting deeper and deeper.

Now if only the NCAA would strip Ohio State of their wins and the national title victory for the 2010-11 college football season......

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I never thought I would see the day he would leave, but it was almost a given now.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always knew this guy was a "crook." I can tell by looking at someone with rougly 95% accuracy, and he always struck me as a crook.

This type of illegal activity can be looked at the same way as the Elites... for example:

If this would have happened to a Boise State, TCU, or any other mid-major that pisses off the elites in football they would have been thrown to the dogs and the NCAA would have canceled their football season for this year and demanded they fire the entire coaching staff.

Instead, OSU and the NCAA will slap their hand and say please don't do it again. Completely corrupt and a garbage system.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Funny thing about this is that you never heard ESPN saying that Tressel was in the wrong for letting this happen. In fact, ESPN placed a lot of the blame on the players and not the coaches or the university. Granted, what the players did was wrong but its the ultimate responsibility of the coaching staff to keep their players in line. Then again, wouldn't your network try to place blame somewhere else if you were making millions off the NCAA and Ohio State?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's sad that he resigned, this just makes it more obvious that he knew about the corruption. I guess this is his way of owning up to his responsibilities, although if I were him I would make one final speech about how the players are basically slaves to the system and treated like third class citizens who are not allowed to take money, only make money for the university. Of course that would make people hate him even more, he'll probably just apologize and the public will forget about it in a few years.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My first thought too was the SI article was really bringing the heat & the ve$t decided to get out of Dodge. What a lying little weasel the ve$t is! LOL @ tressel & all the bucknuts who support him!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
To add more to this....

Just last week, Terrell Pryor was declared ineligible by the NCAA and by Ohio State University.
Therefore, its a given now that there season wins and the national title win will be stripped from them.

new topics

top topics

join