It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler survives fall out window

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

BRONX (WABC) -- It's a miracle she survived after falling more than 50 feet from that window and that a paramedic just happened to be walking by moments later

"Thirty-five years with EMS, this is actually the first time I came up by myself to see a baby on the ground. I never thought that I would see in this day and age a baby out a window," paramedic Willis Sands said.

'I thought it was a doll laying on the sidewalk. So I went over. Are you ok? I yelled for the mother. I saw there was blood," he said.

Sands screamed for someone - anyone to call 911 around 11:30 this morning because the baby wasn't breathing.

He used those crucial moments to turn the girl on her side and clear her airway.

As the infant started breathing and moaning, Sands and neighbor Marion Irizarry saw a man looking down from a Cruger Avenue apartment.

It was not clear why the little girl fell from the window. The investigation was continuing.

The girl remained at Jacobi Medical Center in critical condition, being treated for head trauma.

Full article HERE

That poor baby...What the H was the father doing that he didn't notice his daughter fall out of the window? It is a miricle that she survived the fall. I just hope she recovers fully from the head trauma without any problems. I can not imagine going through this. Even though I am furious that the father obviously wasn't watching her properly my heart still goes out to the family for being in this situation. I can imagine it must be devastating.
edit on 31-5-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It says in the article that the baby is a twin, perhaps that father was attending to the other child? It still does not matter that poor baby fell out a window, hope she heals fine and is well in the future.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I sure the heck hope that the window wasn't open intentionally with two 2-year-old babies in an apartment 50 feet up. I won't leave my kids' windows open, with a screen in, up on the second floor. And they're 7! I do get a bit more paranoid than I probably need to be. I hope that she is okay.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
I sure the heck hope that the window wasn't open intentionally with two 2-year-old babies in an apartment 50 feet up. I won't leave my kids' windows open, with a screen in, up on the second floor. And they're 7! I do get a bit more paranoid than I probably need to be. I hope that she is okay.

I found a few other articles where this has happned in the same city. It seems to be a recurring thing there.

www.wpix.com...

gothamist.com...

www.babychums.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

There are more but I'm not going to post every single one of them.

new topics

top topics

join