It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are China & North Korea happier than America?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Hate Chinese food! Not sure why, everyone else can't shut up about it, you'd find me ordering McDonalds every other day!

Do you have a website, just curious? You're in a good position and I'm in a similar boat; In that I'm a handy graphic designer but mainly focus on internet marketing now. Most people are unable to set up shop in new towns, let alone new countries! I feel blessed to make money via the internet, and best still I can exploit the exchange rate We can live like KINGS! I was living in Malaysia for about 30 quid a week lmfao

Thats the great thing about living in China but getting paid outside of China
Even with my wife working for mtv asia as a producer, i was earning more money than my wife
As for food, god, i miss the Chinese food. The chinese food you get in the uk is completly different and nothing like mainland china food. As you most prob know, food is very important in China. They are always eating and cooking. My wife is the same. She is 5.11 tall and so slim, but she eats like a horse
Mind you, now she is pregnant, she eats more!!!

As for web design. I have not done that for a while now. I am actually a digital artist. I make my money selling my art in open house galleries. Of course its not as much money as i used to make doing webdesign, but i am far happy doing this. To make a bit of extra cash, i buy stuff from china to sell in the flea markets in Brighton. At the moment i am selling iphone covers . They look like the old cassette tapes you used to get in the eighties and early nighties before music cd's came along. They are selling quite well at the moment, so i might even get some more

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyb578
i bet the same people here that are saying all of these countries are evil communist states probably dont believe what their own governments tell them. so why do you believe what you are told about other countries?

exactly! these people can't think for themselves, and thats a shame
Most countries have done, or do terrible things, but some of the people of those countries will ignore that and focus on other countries and their "evil" government.

Thankfully, i have my own mind

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Hate Chinese food! Not sure why, everyone else can't shut up about it, you'd find me ordering McDonalds every other day!

Do you have a website, just curious? You're in a good position and I'm in a similar boat; In that I'm a handy graphic designer but mainly focus on internet marketing now. Most people are unable to set up shop in new towns, let alone new countries! I feel blessed to make money via the internet, and best still I can exploit the exchange rate We can live like KINGS! I was living in Malaysia for about 30 quid a week lmfao

Thats the great thing about living in China but getting paid outside of China
Even with my wife working for mtv asia as a producer, i was earning more money than my wife
As for food, god, i miss the Chinese food. The chinese food you get in the uk is completly different and nothing like mainland china food. As you most prob know, food is very important in China. They are always eating and cooking. My wife is the same. She is 5.11 tall and so slim, but she eats like a horse
Mind you, now she is pregnant, she eats more!!!

As for web design. I have not done that for a while now. I am actually a digital artist. I make my money selling my art in open house galleries. Of course its not as much money as i used to make doing webdesign, but i am far happy doing this. To make a bit of extra cash, i buy stuff from china to sell in the flea markets in Brighton. At the moment i am selling iphone covers . They look like the old cassette tapes you used to get in the eighties and early nighties before music cd's came along. They are selling quite well at the moment, so i might even get some more

Sounds good, as long as you can eat, do what you enjoy.

I wouldn't trust selling anything Chinese in England, personally.
The Kings of Counterfeit lol. I'd be worried about being arrested for knock-off gear!

You make a decent profit doing that then? I have a friend in Malaysia who does a little similar, he goes on holiday to Australia and NZ and sells stuff. Though I think the stuff he sells is actually fake, and thus illegal. He doesn't make much, but by Malaysian standards it seems to go well for him

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Dnevnoi

bwuaahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahaahahah.

I think someone is smoking something.

If cuba was such a happy place why do cubans risk their lives to come to america on anything that will float?

It should be illegal to have so much bs in one place.

Job and career opportunities? Exploit the currency gap and provide better for their families back home? Enjoy western technological advancements and opportunities?

You guys are applying a very Western and skewed understanding of happiness. Nobody is saying they live like kings or enjoy Democracy, what others are saying is they're a happy country. And they are.

If NZ is happier than Australia, why do Australians flock to Australia? Why do most Polynesians flee to Australia. Is it for happiness? No, it's to chase money and careers they believe will lead to happiness. Why is London flooded with Americans?

Next you'll be telling me Buddhist Monks are miserable!
edit on 1-6-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

Ignorance is bliss apparently. I know many Cubans that are happy being in Cuba. The island is beautiful. However the regime in charge is not. The government lies to them. I don't think that people are happy being constantly watched and ratted out on by their neighbors only to be beaten or put into prison.
I suppose if you're brainwashed into believing the BS that the Castro regime doles out.
Then I suppose if you didn't know any better then yes you too could be happy living in a communist dictatorship.

edit on 1-6-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Dnevnoi

bwuaahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahaahahah.

I think someone is smoking something.

If cuba was such a happy place why do cubans risk their lives to come to america on anything that will float?

It should be illegal to have so much bs in one place.

Job and career opportunities? Exploit the currency gap and provide better for their families back home? Enjoy western technological advancements and opportunities?

You guys are applying a very Western and skewed understanding of happiness. Nobody is saying they live like kings or enjoy Democracy, what others are saying is they're a happy country. And they are.

If NZ is happier than Australia, why do Australians flock to Australia? Why do most Polynesians flee to Australia. Is it for happiness? No, it's to chase money and careers they believe will lead to happiness. Why is London flooded with Americans?

Next you'll be telling me Buddhist Monks are miserable!
edit on 1-6-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

Ignorance is bliss apparently. I know many Cubans that are happy being in Cuba. The island is beautiful. However the regime in charge is not. The government lies to them. I don't think that people are happy being constantly watched and ratted out on by their neighbors only to be beaten or put into prison.
I suppose if you're brainwashed into believing the BS that the Castro regime doles out.
Then I suppose if you didn't know any better then yes you too could be happy living in a communist dictatorship.

edit on 1-6-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

Apart from the fact there's no such thing as a Communist Dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sorry Communists with Marxist–Leninist ideologies.
Melonsones to boot.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sorry Communists with Marxist–Leninist ideologies.
Melonsones to boot.

A dictatorship is defined as an autocratic form of government in which the government is ruled by an individual, the dictator.

Ergo, not communism.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I agree. but tell that to Castro. For a long time he was the guy in charge.
In any case there is no true communism in practice. it's all some modified crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Sounds good, as long as you can eat, do what you enjoy.

I wouldn't trust selling anything Chinese in England, personally. The Kings of Counterfeit lol. I'd be worried about being arrested for knock-off gear!

You make a decent profit doing that then? I have a friend in Malaysia who does a little similar, he goes on holiday to Australia and NZ and sells stuff. Though I think the stuff he sells is actually fake, and thus illegal. He doesn't make much, but by Malaysian standards it seems to go well for him

I never sell brand stuff, and i make sure i sell nothing illegal, as i don't want to go down that route

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris i could do all the things in China i could do in the uk. The only thing i had trouble with was accessing certain websites outside of China, but i could live with that.

Oh really mr "ive been to China therefore my opinion is supreme"- well clearly you may have travelled to China but your delusions are not aided by your travel.

Take this point

Could you

- protest about the existence of the Communist party and question the one party state without being imprisoned
- start up a newspaper which openly criticises govt policy and not get arrested
- Travel to somewhere outside of Peking and see the abject poverty which these people reside in

Yeah, you know what you are talking about, you have seen the floods of western immigrants fleeing oppression in the west, with ghettoes of western kids all over the place

Spare me there eh toots

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I agree. but tell that to Castro. For a long time he was the guy in charge.
In any case there is no true communism in practice. it's all some modified crap.

True communism does not exist outside of a textbook- communism in the real world, ie in the land of man, you know, planet earth results in the USSR, Cambodia, Ethiopia etc etc

*sighs*

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Apart from the fact there's no such thing as a Communist Dictatorship.

in your textbook maybe, but always in the real world, yes- you maybe try and live inside a text book, however, in the real world communist dictators massacre millions

Awaits response of

"ergo"

"not true communism"

blady blady blah

You are deluded.com

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone's views or ideas of who or who doesn't have a better form of government and who is more happy than who...

There is all something we can all agree on here!

NK and China are definitely not the top 2 happiest places..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Great poll considering the locations. I can picture it now...

Why you no happy? Don't you know everything here is great? See what you did!? Now you make me take you fearless leader's happy-happy-funtime camp!

Skip to 1:45, since I can't embed the time-link here...

It's a shame the vid cuts out before the part I really wanted to show.

Of course real freedom means freedom to be unhappy or even aaaaannnngrrrry.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to various posts by NadaCambia

Are you referring to the Cubans that constitute a large population in Florida, or the ones that haven't escaped from Cuba yet?

I find it interesting that you treated my question as if I stated: "Spain is the most Democratic and happy nation in Europe".

My QUESTION was not a STATEMENT, and I certainly didn't mention Spain!

Are you dyslexic, or do you just make a habit of twisting words to suit your needs?

Is it because communists have no tolerance for free speech?

Once again you are confused about the the difference between a question and a statement.

The Soviet Union had a single-party political system dominated by the Communist Party until 1990.

Source

Political prisoners were detained by communist leaders in the former USSR.

I agree that the USSR was not a true communistic society. There has never been one in regards to mankind. Depending on how you look at communism, it can only exist in text, as a dream, or as a nightmare. I see it as the later! This has been proven numerous times.

I am sure you will disagree with the above statement, so please explain how YOU could make it work.

metodex mentioned:

Well here in Venezuela we love not finding milk,flour,toilet paper and other vital stuff

Your response:

Yet you can afford a computer and internet access.

Read it again! He said he loved "not finding milk,flour,toilet paper and other vital stuff". He didn't say that he couldn't afford those items. What he DID indicate that he couldn't afford, was to leave Venezuela.

Democracy wasn't even mentioned in his post, yet you state:

If you don't like Democracy go live in North Korea. I'll pay for your flight.

You were definitely twisting words this time! Also, it seems you are trying to silence him by sending him to North Korea because his opinion differs from yours. This seems to show that "communists have no tolerance for free speech". Thank you for answering my question!

In response to:

You have more than enough money to vacation in Cuba.

You are wrong! Why don't you send me the money for a nice ROUND trip to Cuba. I would be more than happy to see how the people of Cuba really fare. After all:

Traveling isn't expensive.

After reading your "high and mighty" support of:
China
North Korea
Cuba
Iran
Venezuela

I then read:

Source

The only country mentioned above that is NOT on the "Enemies of the Internet" list is Venezuela. Venezuela IS, however, on the "Countries Under Surveillance" list.

It's easy to harp on how happy the populations of these countries are when you live elsewhere, and are exploiting the exchange rate, isn't it? When you get moved, and have been there a while, don't forget to let us know how well you are doing.

You are a communist "want to be", a practicing capitalist, and, last but not least: You seem to be a hypocrite!

See ya, Milt

edit on 1-6-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If the people who truly love communism and these countries hate America, why sit around posting on a free speech website, get up from your computer, and move to those countries.

If you can't post from there to tell us how great it is, send me a letter and I'll post it up for ya.

Everyone will be happy then!

Bye!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Oh really mr "ive been to China therefore my opinion is supreme"- well clearly you may have travelled to China but your delusions are not aided by your travel.

Er, compared to you, then my opinion is supreme. I mean, you were the one who said there wasn't many westerners in China, wrong! And how am i delusional? And how is it that many westerners decide to live and work in China if its as bad as you say it is? Why am i delusional because i enjoyed my time in China? I made many friends and done all the things i could do in the uk here, apart from i felt safer here in Beijing than i did in the my home (uk)?

Could you

- protest about the existence of the Communist party and question the one party state without being imprisoned
- start up a newspaper which openly criticises govt policy and not get arrested
- Travel to somewhere outside of Peking and see the abject poverty which these people reside in

Did you read what i said! I never said China is perfect. I have stated that there are still problems in china that needs to improve, but i also said they are going in the right direction. Also, i added that other countires do terrible things. You think america and uk was justified going into Iraq. Do you know how many people died in that war, and do you know how much of a f**ked up place Iraq is now?

What i am saying is no country is perfect, and even western countries do terrible things. But the problem we have here is, the attention is on China because basically, they are the next super power outside the western world, and some people don't like that. So, if you want to ignore what Uk, america and other western countires have done, and just focus of China, then thats up to you, and i am sure you do get all your information from the media and propaganda media.

But that all you can go on, because you have not been to China. I have, and i have seen many places in China when i travelled China. Yes, there is poverty, yes, tehre is to much of a gap between the rich and the poor that needs to be addressed. But i am confident that China will move forward for the better.

Like i said to you before, what what China like 30 years ago? Its a completly different place now, and its opening up more all the time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and China's problems are not going to go in a day either.

Yeah, you know what you are talking about, you have seen the floods of western immigrants fleeing oppression in the west, with ghettoes of western kids all over the place
Spare me there eh toots

What! lol What the hell are you talking about lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join