It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are China & North Korea happier than America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

My question was in response to this post, so I feel it was on topic:

Its true that Cubans are the happiest, just not to sure about north korea, oh and before anyone here spits out anti communist nonsense and that Cubans need freedom I have to ask you take a trip to cuba to see it for yourself.

Before making ridiculous statements.

The comments made about Cuba by some ATS here on this thread is beyond ridiculous

I enjoyed, and agree with your posts.

See ya, Milt
edit on 31-5-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well here in Venezuela we love not finding milk,flour,toilet paper and other vital stuff.
Expensive medication,highest crime in the continent and poverty makes us happy.We are happy being miserable.

And in Cuba, they're so happy that they'd rather swim to Florida and risk being eaten by sharks than staying in the island wich my Chavez calls "El mar de la felicidad" (The sea of happiness)

by the way, i need money to gtfo of the country while i can. Help me

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
Well here in Venezuela we love not finding milk,flour,toilet paper and other vital stuff.
Expensive medication,highest crime in the continent and poverty makes us happy.We are happy being miserable.

And in Cuba, they're so happy that they'd rather swim to Florida and risk being eaten by sharks than staying in the island wich my Chavez calls "El mar de la felicidad" (The sea of happiness)

Well here in Venezuela we love not finding milk,flour,toilet paper and other vital stuff. Expensive medication,highest crime in the continent and poverty makes us happy.We are happy being miserable.

Well here in canada is the same as Venezuela, and the same goes for america, everything is Expensive even our food.

lol no where is better my friend, euporean union is falling like card of games, when the card falls to the ground, thats how bad eupore crisis is, same goes for north america.

If canada was a bit different, better, you could come to canada, but sadly please dont come, our crisis is far from been over.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

bwuaahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahaahahah.

I think someone is smoking something.

If cuba was such a happy place why do cubans risk their lives to come to america on anything that will float?

It should be illegal to have so much bs in one place.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to posts by metodex and Agent_USA_Supporter

Hell fire! I've got an outstanding idea!

metodex:
I live in the United States, and I have several friends, that I speak to regularly, that live in Canada. I have no doubt that we would all agree that "things" in our two countries aren't nearly as bad as Agent_USA_Supporter would have you believe.

Agent_USA_Supporter:
1) Venezuela is number 5 on the "Top 5" list that you are so fervently in love with, so I'm certain you would be happy there. It isn't mentioned, but I'm sure Canada's standard of living must be almost as low as that of the United States.

2) You support communism, and seem to have a problem with those that don't, so I'm sure you wouldn't miss Canada. Also, Canada likely wouldn't miss you either.

3) You obviously have enough money to vacation in Cuba, so I'm sure a move to Venezuela wouldn't be out of the question.

I'm sorry that I don't have the money to help. Hopefully my suggestion will be enough:
You two should trade homes! I'm sure that would make ALL of us VERY happy.

I'm just trying to do my part. What do you guys think?

See ya, Milt

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I guess since you have the internet then i guess the finical crisis isnt effecting you rich folk isnt it?
I bet you all b voting Obama all the way, since you love spreading democracy and capitalism have a great time with that.

I live in the United States, and I have several friends, that I speak to regularly, that live in Canada. I have no doubt that we would all agree that "things" in our two countries aren't nearly as bad as Agent_USA_Supporter would have you believe.

Sure, maybe your friends in canada, are just lying to you, not trying to worry you thats all

aren't nearly as bad as Agent_USA_Supporter would have you believe.

So where are the jobs then? FREE Healthcare? FREE Education? oh i forget, teachers are teaching kids how to be slaves to the system of the capitalism.

dont even bother with those type of insults.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
communist manifesto

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I find it funny that someone who can afford vacations in Cuba would call one that has no savings, no job, no check coming in at all, no insurance, and one who is rapidly going blind and can't afford surgery to correct it, "rich folk", just because I have access to the internet. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that I wouldn't have even that, if I lived in:
1st: China (100 points)
2nd: North Korea (98 points)
3rd: Cuba (93 points)
4th: Iran (88 points)
5th: Venezuela (85 points)

Though I am a far cry from being rich, I still consider myself VERY fortunate to not live in the above mentioned countries.

The only way I would vote for President Obama is if I could vote for him to be your President. Though he would still be closer than I prefer, I would still be happy for you.

Do some good in this World... trade places with metodex! Like I said before, I'm sure we would all be happier.

The truth is:
I feel sorry for you! You would never be happy if you didn't have someone else to blame for your perceived problems.

See ya, Milt

PS:
I'll bite: What's the deal with your username? You certainly don't strike me as supporting anything but communism.
edit on 1-6-2011 by BenReclused because: Add a PS

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
haha

what was it? "Be happy or else"

although I do think the UK will be at the bottom from what I've heard :< I've heard many foreigners say we are a boring country ...

yeah, right

On a side note, aren't all the above countries people restricted A LOT more, than our own? Just a question, do try not to jump down my neck ...
edit on 1/6/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Firstly, countries aren't people.

Secondly, ignorance is bliss.

Finally, communists tend to fudge information to make their regime look better.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

As for the vacation part i didn't have the money the money i used for cuba are wining money from the lottery tickets, it wasn't much though.

you could say i was lucky to win.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

It shows that the N-Korean propaganda machine is not as advanced as Western propaganda machine. You can make these indexes tell all types of stories, like in US they have similar indexes telling you whether you are mentally ill or not, and whether you should start popping pills.

I still love N-Korea, planing a visit soon.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by jonnyb578
so how many of these countries have you been to? how many native people from these countries have you asked about the conditions there? my ex girlfriend was chinese and she says its not as bad there as we here in the west try to make it out to be. you are told communism is bad but its just a different way of doing things. have you ever experienced it first hand? and its not that "democracy" is such a great thing anyway.

primarily we are talking about this list, which is clearly a different level of propaganda than we are used to here, though we are not perfect.

I don't see too many people from the UK, US etc looking to move to North Korea, China etc, can't say the same about the other way- so whilst we are not perfect we are MUCH better than these communist hell holes

Communist hell hole. Have you been to China? Plenty of UK people migrate there. Don't make untrue statements when you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd rather live in China than the UK. And most people in China are far more happy than British people, I assure you.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Its true that Cubans are the happiest, just not to sure about north korea, oh and before anyone here spits out anti communist nonsense and that Cubans need freedom I have to ask you take a trip to cuba to see it for yourself.

Before making ridiculous statements.

The comments made about Cuba by some ATS here on this thread is beyond ridiculous

So you know, for a fact, that "CUBANS ARE THE HAPPIEST", over the swiss, the new zealanders, whoever- you KNOW this

Crikey O' Reilley, you talk about others being beyond ridiculous

HAVE YOU BEEN TO CUBA BEFORE IF NO PLEASE dont respond like that to me until you go and see it for yourself, i have been to cuba before and i am going to cuba next week.

And yes the cubans are the happiest , just look what you Americans have done to eupore with your democracy trash do you think Europeans are the happiest because of the elites and america what they have done to eupore? i wouldn't think so.

If you love CUBA so much, why do you not live there? It matters not how many times you have been, as you clearly a CUBAN fanatic, there is no accounting for peoples' tastes and fetishes.

Now you go to Switzerland and tell me they are less happy than the CUBAN one party state people

I've been to both. Cubans are happier. That's not to say Cuba is a better country, or a fairer country, or a wealthier country.

You're applying a silly logic here. Just because Switzerland and NZ are arguably better countries, doesn't mean the citizens of these nations are happier. Your places like London, the hub of Democracy and Western values, are super-miserable. I'm sure the same is true of "advanced" American cities contrasted with small town hick Republican parts of America.

You're being fallacious.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Are you referring to the Cubans that constitute a large population in Florida, or the ones that haven't escaped from Cuba yet?

I'm just curious!

See ya, Milt
edit on 31-5-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

So what you're saying is Spain is the most Democratic and happy nation in Europe?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

My plan for the future is to go to china then travel by road to N-Korea.

This will be great..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by jonnyb578
so how many of these countries have you been to? how many native people from these countries have you asked about the conditions there? my ex girlfriend was chinese and she says its not as bad there as we here in the west try to make it out to be. you are told communism is bad but its just a different way of doing things. have you ever experienced it first hand? and its not that "democracy" is such a great thing anyway.

Of all the liberals I have heard yelling how great Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela, China are and how evil America is, I have not seen one of them move there. Not a single one. I wonder why?

You haven't gotten out much, have you? China has a ton of Westerners living there. This isn't the 1800's. I know it might a foreign concept to you Americans, but most Westerners travel!

Plenty of Westerners live in and travel to Saudi Arabia. Applying your logic it must be a great Democratic nation

And I don't think you've seen any Liberals arguing that North Korea is great.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I find it extremely ironic that if any person from any one of these countries were to contradict this statement, they would be killed.

Happy, happy, joy joy.

Cite evidence that Cubans are killed for suggesting Cuba isn't one of the happiest countries in the world. Or retract your bogus statement.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Nice off topic insult BenReclused i would think the 60% here who responded here are Democracy & Capitalism supporters i could tell you how much Americas Democracy & Capitalism has destroyed Europe on its people, Oh no you cant blame the parties because they all think alike and vote the same.

Alots of anti communist people here.

Are you mentally dis-advantaged? Democracy is a form of government in which all citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives. Ideally, this includes equal (and more or less direct) participation in the proposal, development and passage of legislation into law.

There will never be communism without democracy
edit on 1-6-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Nice off topic insult BenReclused i would think the 60% here who responded here are Democracy & Capitalism supporters i could tell you how much Americas Democracy & Capitalism has destroyed Europe on its people, Oh no you cant blame the parties because they all think alike and vote the same.

Alots of anti communist people here.

Whilst never thinking over here in Europe is perfect, I am PROUDLY anti communist, watched a sobering documentary on Pol Pot's regime as it happens last night- if the red menace ever threatens my homeland I will be sure to fight and I am just an ordinary worker.

When you moving to the happiest place on earth by the way!

edit on 31-5-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

You watched a Documentary about Pol Pot. It had nothing to do with Communism. You're proudly anti-communist but you're strangely illiterate to what Communism is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join