It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are China & North Korea happier than America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by blueorder
hardly surprising that oppressive communist regime produces a report extolling the virtues of other oppressive communist regimes

Nice try NATO, elites fan supporter i recommend you go to Cuba and see it for yourself before making such a ridiculous stupid statement like that again.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

You're trolling.... right?

Nice try with the insults i am member here for Six Years, your the one whose trolling by insulting me like that

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Are you referring to the Cubans that constitute a large population in Florida, or the ones that haven't escaped from Cuba yet?

I'm just curious!

See ya, Milt
edit on 31-5-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by blueorder
hardly surprising that oppressive communist regime produces a report extolling the virtues of other oppressive communist regimes

Nice try NATO, elites fan supporter i recommend you go to Cuba and see it for yourself before making such a ridiculous stupid statement like that again.

You're trolling.... right?

Nice try with the insults i am member here for Six Years, your the one whose trolling by insulting me like that

what an angry man/woman! The sort that would certainly excel in a one party communist state, I trust you will be leaving the Canadian unhappy lands for the Cuban utopia

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyb578
so how many of these countries have you been to? how many native people from these countries have you asked about the conditions there? my ex girlfriend was chinese and she says its not as bad there as we here in the west try to make it out to be. you are told communism is bad but its just a different way of doing things. have you ever experienced it first hand? and its not that "democracy" is such a great thing anyway.

Of all the liberals I have heard yelling how great Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela, China are and how evil America is, I have not seen one of them move there. Not a single one. I wonder why?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'll say one thing maybe two things about Cuba, first it's a shame how bad their cigar factories have gotten, all the good ones come from Nicaragua these days. Two, they are one of the largest importers of classic cars in the world, and I love that don't trash rehash as they say.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Are you referring to the Cubans that constitute a large population in Florida, or the ones that haven't escaped from Cube yet?

I'm just curious!

See ya, Milt

Go see Cuba before making statements like those, as for those Traitors Cubans thats why those Cubans in those areas where they live supported Bush twice right? oh and i am sure those cubans would love the elites if they would go to war with Cuba to Spread The Garbage of Democracy & Capitalism on the Cubans, building McDonalds Hamburgers and of course Freedom Fires!

No i dont think Cubans dont need that Junk,Cubans are just fine they are sure they dont make a huge living like the rich wealthy in the west do but again who does now?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Can anyone say...North Korean propaganda?

Oh wait...
I just did...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I find it extremely ironic that if any person from any one of these countries were to contradict this statement, they would be killed.

Happy, happy, joy joy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Are you referring to the Cubans that constitute a large population in Florida, or the ones that haven't escaped from Cuba yet?

I'm just curious!

See ya, Milt
edit on 31-5-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

Ah yes you mean those cubans who supported Bush in the elections? and the same ones on whom most of have a or had criminal record in cuba? just saying it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Go see Cuba before making statements like those, as for those Traitors Cubans thats why those Cubans in those areas where they live supported Bush twice right? oh and i am sure those cubans would love the elites if they would go to war with Cuba to Spread The Garbage of Democracy & Capitalism on the Cubans, building McDonalds Hamburgers and of course Freedom Fires!

Traitor Cubans??? You are serious? Traitors to what exactly? They left one place (even if it is very very very happy place accordingly to state media of country with dead president in charge) in order to live in another. You dare to call them traitors for that?? This is insane. Person from UK living in US is a traitor then too. Boooo.
And i have no doubt that economy starving for foreign currency will gladly accept tourists and show them all the happy things normal Cubans cannot enjoy. Is there a hotel open for foreign tourists and local Cuban ones both?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I spent 8 years living among the Cubans of South Florida, and I would bet my bottom dollar that I befriended far more of them, than Cubans you met, and befriended, during your limited visits to Cuba. For you to call them traitors is no different than me calling you a traitor because you feel Cubans are are happier than your fellow citizens.

I have three questions for you:
1) Why would anyone become a traitor if they were happy with their government, and loved their homeland?
2) If Cuba is such a "utopia", why haven't you taken up permanent residence there?
3) If the people of Cuba are so happy, why have so many risked their lives, and the lives of their families, to escape?

You are trying to be controversial, but in truth, you are only being silly!

See ya, Milt

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It wasn't President Bush that refused to see Castro after he became the dictator of Cuba. It was President Kennedy that refused to acknowledge Castro as a sovereign leader. If it hadn't been for that refusal, I doubt that Cuba would have developed such close ties with the USSR, and became a communistic society.

I'll bet you blame President Bush, and HAARP, for the Canadian snowfall too! I won't buy it though. After having spent from 1960-1964 (Long before President Bush and HAARP) in Goose Bay, Labrador, I have no doubt that snow is quite common in Canada.

See ya, Milt

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Nice off topic insult BenReclused i would think the 60% here who responded here are Democracy & Capitalism supporters i could tell you how much Americas Democracy & Capitalism has destroyed Europe on its people, Oh no you cant blame the parties because they all think alike and vote the same.

Alots of anti communist people here.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Uh, for the record... My previous post in this thread was NOT OFF TOPIC.

I simply asked the man if he truely believed what he was saying.. A.) To stimulate self reflection... and B.) To not waste my time in the subject if he was indeed not being serious.

Both A & B support this statement.

We seek to promote discussion and debate in way that pushes the discussion in a positive way.

(Y'all should probably fix that typo too)
This statement following would be considered off topic, yet it remains.

I'm just curious!

See ya, Milt

Anyway, back to the actual subject at hand.

Er, No. You seemed to not be serious at all -- all things considered I can't see how you don't see an immediate bias with your post.

It's rather insulting to intelligent people here at ATS. 6 years or not... Seniority has nothing to do with naivety.

You propose that the reported census was correct because you posture behind the idea that Cubans are ecstatic people. Even if this were true -- which it's not... it's hardly proof that the people in China and North Korea are among some of the happiest people in the world.

And even if they were... then it's through ignorance rather than experience. They are only happy relative to what they know, rather than... happy because they are free to be.

This isn't to say that there aren't happy people in all places.... but to list the entire census of any of those 3 countries higher than anywhere else in the world is simply absurd.

I don't care if you are Cuban. I'm from Florida, we have tons of Cubans. I haven't met one that thinks Cuba is the better place yet.

So, sorry.

No.Soup.

If you wish to take my honest question as an insult, then you only prove that you didn't think about what you said before you said it.

It's just pure 100% brainwashed bias.

Back to the REAL topic.

I cannot fathom how anybody could take any research done by North Korea supporting only the Communist countries in the world, serious. It's clearly the most OBVIOUS type of propaganda I have ever seen.... I image South Korea is scoffing at this very thing right now.....
edit on 31-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by BenReclused

Nice off topic insult BenReclused i would think the 60% here who responded here are Democracy & Capitalism supporters i could tell you how much Americas Democracy & Capitalism has destroyed Europe on its people, Oh no you cant blame the parties because they all think alike and vote the same.

Whilst never thinking over here in Europe is perfect, I am PROUDLY anti communist, watched a sobering documentary on Pol Pot's regime as it happens last night- if the red menace ever threatens my homeland I will be sure to fight and I am just an ordinary worker.

When you moving to the happiest place on earth by the way!

edit on 31-5-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

That guys fails to realize that you can't believe in both. You can't favor communism, as he does, and still respect democracy... and vice versa.

Democracy exists as an Alternative to Communism. There is a reason why communism is the least practiced ideology.

He is claiming we are all anti communist and he seems shocked by this -- when he is being anti-democratic.

And lets get this straight... Democracy has nothing to do with Capitalism. They serve two different functions and aren't immediately connected unless through a means of corruption.

I.E.
Capitalists purchasing policy by influencing elections via unlimited donations. This is the only way they actually connect. Capitalism isn't wrong... it's broken. Democracy is the practice of majority rules over everything. America is a Democratic Republic. Meaning there are certain unaliable rights given to it's citizens that can never be removed even if they have 99% of the vote.

Corruption has made America a complete democracy though -- it was never intended to be one.

I feel like there is one more statement that needs to be made. It's not really any Ideology that is bad. For ideology is just the vehicle that drives a nation. The men at the proverbial wheel are to blame, for it is they -- who chose to use the vehicle to induce negativity, rather than to produce a positive outcome.

The American people don't want war, but, the American Generals do.

See how that works? It's hardly a fault with the democratic process, but glaringly, the fault of the culpability of man.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

great post Laokin, over here in the UK, only the elite seem to want the war and we have a bit of a "poodle" Parliament, with only the Lords bringing any sort of opposition

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No matter what dictator you talk to, all their people are the happiest they could ever be. Surprised? All countries put the same positive spin on their actions.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

My name Milt. That's why I end most of my posts with "See ya, Milt". You may use my name, but please don't put comrade in front of it.

It was much more on topic than:

Ah yes you mean those cubans who supported Bush in the elections? and the same ones on whom most of have a or had criminal record in cuba? just saying it.

Seeing that you didn't answer my last three questions, though they were definitely on topic, go ahead and enlighten me on "how much Americas Democracy & Capitalism has destroyed Europe on its people". While you are at it, make sure you explain how much better off the World would have been if the United States hadn't become involved in World War II.

Then answer:
1) If communism is such great system of government, why does the USSR no longer exist?

2) I have no problem with you supporting communism, so what is your problem with those that don't? Is it because communists have no tolerance for free speech?

I'm looking forward to your response. Please stay on topic though.

See ya, Milt

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join