It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are China & North Korea happier than America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Are China & North Korea happier than America?

behindthewall.msnbc.msn.com

A report floating around China’s websphere alleges that North Korea’s Chosun Central Television recently released a global happiness index compiled by North Korean researchers. Perhaps not surprisingly, it found China the happiest place in the world, with a perfect score of 100 points. Just two points behind, in second place, was North Korea; Cuba came in third with a rating of 93.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thed ailyedge.thejournal.ie
shanghaiist.com
hken.ibtimes.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 5/31/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh my goodness, I love this.

North Korean researchers have compiled a list of the happiest countries in the world. Interestingly, Western researchers are saying that this list is likely a derivative of many lists dealing with issues such as human rights abuses, dictatorships, and political repression.

1st: China (100 points)
2nd: North Korea (98 points)
3rd: Cuba (93 points)
4th: Iran (88 points)
5th: Venezuela (85 points)

Anyone else as disturbed by this as I am?

Here's a quick video that was covertly taken in North Korea to show what 98 points gets you: North Korea undercover journalists - Telegraph
edit on 31-5-2011 by Dnevnoi because: Found video

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
hardly surprising that oppressive communist regime produces a report extolling the virtues of other oppressive communist regimes

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
lmao
yea its a derivative alright, a derivative of NOT asking the populace

I can see the survey now

1. what is your country origin?
2. are you currently HAPPY to be alive?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
so how many of these countries have you been to? how many native people from these countries have you asked about the conditions there? my ex girlfriend was chinese and she says its not as bad there as we here in the west try to make it out to be. you are told communism is bad but its just a different way of doing things. have you ever experienced it first hand? and its not that "democracy" is such a great thing anyway.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

Oh my goodness, I love this.

North Korean researchers have compiled a list of the happiest countries in the world. Interestingly, Western researchers are saying that this list is likely a derivative of many lists dealing with issues such as human rights abuses, dictatorships, and political repression.

1st: China (100 points)
2nd: North Korea (98 points)
3rd: Cuba (93 points)
4th: Iran (88 points)
5th: Venezuela (85 points)

Anyone else as disturbed by this as I am?

Here's a quick video that was covertly taken in North Korea to show what 98 points gets you: North Korea undercover journalists - Telegraph
edit on 31-5-2011 by Dnevnoi because: Found video

the more I think about it the more disturbing this list becomes....don't really want to type this given the amount of times it gets used here on a daily basis, but all I can think of is "the lines are being drawn" and very publicly no less

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyb578
so how many of these countries have you been to? how many native people from these countries have you asked about the conditions there? my ex girlfriend was chinese and she says its not as bad there as we here in the west try to make it out to be. you are told communism is bad but its just a different way of doing things. have you ever experienced it first hand? and its not that "democracy" is such a great thing anyway.

primarily we are talking about this list, which is clearly a different level of propaganda than we are used to here, though we are not perfect.

I don't see too many people from the UK, US etc looking to move to North Korea, China etc, can't say the same about the other way- so whilst we are not perfect we are MUCH better than these communist hell holes

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

At first, I thought the first few comments were just a bunch of flag-waving commie-hating. Then I read the article. It would be credible if the numbers were close and not so obviously polarized between Communism/Non-communism. I could have pulled off fake propaganda far more effectively than this. If it were real, do you think we'd really be last?! In independent happiness index studies, we are far from the top but definitely not last. Yeah... this is definitely not an impartial report.

ps - On a side note, on independent studies, the top five "happiest" nations were also the top five per-capita coffee consumers? I don't think North Koreans drink that much coffee.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hurrah! When do I get my food ration oh dear leader?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yay! Show to these capitalist oppressors! Viva la revo.. Wait, why people try to run FROM North Korea and Cuba? Those fools! They do not know what they are leaving,one big happy jail. Or actually they do.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyb578

I'm just wondering which of those "top 5" destinations you look forward to moving to. You are correct in your declaration that they just have a "different way of doing things". I certainly hope you enjoy your stay.

See ya, Milt

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow I think that might be the worst lie I've ever seen....

I mean China then NK?!?!? HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Its true that Cubans are the happiest, just not to sure about north korea, oh and before anyone here spits out anti communist nonsense and that Cubans need freedom I have to ask you take a trip to cuba to see it for yourself.

Before making ridiculous statements.

The comments made about Cuba by some ATS here on this thread is beyond ridiculous

edit on 31-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Its true that Cubans are the happiest, just not to sure about north korea, oh and before anyone here spits out anti communist nonsense and that Cubans need freedom I have to ask you take a trip to cuba to see it for yourself.

The comments made about Cuba by some ATS here on this thread is beyond ridiculous

So you know, for a fact, that "CUBANS ARE THE HAPPIEST", over the swiss, the new zealanders, whoever- you KNOW this

Crikey O' Reilley, you talk about others being beyond ridiculous

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
hardly surprising that oppressive communist regime produces a report extolling the virtues of other oppressive communist regimes

Nice try NATO, elites fan supporter i recommend you go to Cuba and see it for yourself before making such a ridiculous stupid statement like that again.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The revolution will not be televised, and neither the factors that led the "researchers" to those concussions, although one can say the same of the lists and factors used regarding the same lists given by our western states...

Best countries in the world by Newsweek

The 2010 Human Development Report was also the first to calculate an Inequality-adjusted Human Development Index (main article), which factors in inequalities in the three basic dimensions of human development (income, life expectancy, and education). Below is the list of the "Very High Development" countries under this index

source

depends on who you ask I think....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So you know, for a fact, that "CUBANS ARE THE HAPPIEST", over the swiss, the new zealanders, whoever- you KNOW this

HAVE YOU BEEN TO CUBA BEFORE IF NO PLEASE dont respond like that to me until you go and see it for yourself, i have been to cuba before and i am going to cuba next week.

And yes the cubans are the happiest , just look what you Americans have done to eupore with your democracy spreading by force, do you think Europeans are the happiest because of the elites and america what they have done to eupore? i wouldn't think so.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Nice try NATO, elites fan supporter i recommend you go to Cuba and see it for yourself before making such a ridiculous stupid statement like that again.

You need to get over yourself, you are not so smart as you appear to think you are- me supporting NATO and the elites, yeah, nice one, go into another wee tail spin when anyone dares to criticise the one party Cuban state

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

HAVE YOU BEEN TO CUBA BEFORE IF NO PLEASE dont respond like that to me until you go and see it for yourself, i have been to cuba before and i am going to cuba next week.

And yes the cubans are the happiest , just look what you Americans have done to eupore with your democracy trash do you think Europeans are the happiest because of the elites and america what they have done to eupore? i wouldn't think so.

If you love CUBA so much, why do you not live there? It matters not how many times you have been, as you clearly a CUBAN fanatic, there is no accounting for peoples' tastes and fetishes.

Now you go to Switzerland and tell me they are less happy than the CUBAN one party state people

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join