It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most "undeniably" paranormal experience you've had.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

D:

That's insane. At least she had her cigarette. Who knows what destruction she would cause if she lost them...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The closest experience I've had was as a teenager. I lived with my parents in a house built in the 60's. The entire subdivision has a reputation of being haunted. In this house I often felt like I was being watched or would suddenly feel very uncomfortable. I would feel so uneasy at times that I would go to my parents bedroom and sleep beside their bed on the floor. But while living here, two things happened that really stand out.

One happened in the middle of the day when my two cousins were visiting. I had a CD player that sat on a table in the room and it had a disc in it. We were listening to the CD and decided to turn it off. A few seconds later, the machine started to play the same track again on its own. The remote was on top of the player and no one had touched any of the controls. My cousin said that a reflection of light must have hit the infrared receiver at just the right frequency that caused it to play. But I always felt like someone there wanted the player back on.

The other and a bit more scary occurrence happened at night once. I was in my room drawing late at night which is something I did regularly. In the next room I heard a tremendous crash, like some heavy piece of furniture had fallen over. I ran in and looked but there was nothing out of place. I checked each of the rooms in the house and found nothing awry. I still cannot explain that one and it creeps me out to this day.

edit on 31-5-2011 by nanochicken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

When I described the lady to my mom she said it sounded just like her mother. The lady had curlers in her hair, something she frequently had in her later years, and she was wearing a pair of light yellow shorts and a white sleeveless shirt that had a little blue flower pattern on it. An outfit my mom swears she actually owned. And she was a heavy smoker. Always had a cigarette in her hands. She died when I was a baby and I don't remember her at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The craziest paranormal thing I have ever experienced was when I went to Phoenix Arizona in 1997 to take an electronics class..

I found an apartment in a pretty big complex in northwest area of phoenix, and when I moved in, the apartment next to mine was vacant for a week or so, and then this woman moved in.. She was a very odd person because you could hear her talk to herself a lot...

I even saw the apartment manager trying to peek in to her apartment one evening, and so I opened my door and stuck my head outside and asked him what was going on.. He said an assistant manager had allowed this lady to move in without any background check, and that she was suspected of being very schizophrenic..

This all didn't bother me too much because I already experienced this sort of thing with my first wife, (heehee)...

Anyways, after a few days, I would stay up past 12am to study and do school stuff and I started hearing this lady next door yelling and cussing at someone, but I could only hear the lady's voice, no one elses.. So I figured it was her "problem" just happening...

Then the next night I was awakened by her yelling very loud and cursing , so I put my ear up to the wall and listened for awhile, and then I was totally stunned because I started hearing quite a few male and some female voices cursing at this lady, and they were really tormenting her with the worst kind of insults and threats you can imagine.. After hearing the voices that were cursing this woman next door, I realized she had something going on that was a lot worse then any mental illness..
It was my opinion then that this lady was being harrassed by negative or evil spirits and it was not something I could afford to tolerate and be expected to complete my classes, so I moved away from there 4 days later.. I told the apartment manager that I could hear who that lady was yelling at every night
but he could not comprehend it.. I told him his apartment had some serious issues and I was out of there...

It took me a long time to get over that experience and just remembering it kind of creeps me out..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Wow, lol. Maybe she was having a conversation with some people on the TV? Either way, that would creep me out enough to move, too.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Yeah, it was real super freaky... When something like that happens, it would seem to be impossible for sensible, modern living, and my mind was screaming that this can't possibly be really happening...

I think most people have that denial reaction at first, when something that every sane person would think is impossible actually happens to you..

I could sense the outright evil that was being directed at that woman, and so I knew it was something paranormal, or at least it "felt" paranormal to me at the time..

I know there are other ATS'ers that have experienced things similar to this, so I'm sure I'm not the only one..

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Two years ago I moved into a house that was rented by some previous military members whom I'd come to find out I worked with and didn't realize it till almost a year later. Anyway, it was a two story house. As you walk up the stairs you'll see a hallway with a bathroom at the top; a room to your immediate left and then a room to your immediate right with a second room attached to that room. Well at the top of the stairs was a door, why, I have no idea. The door jam required that you push it close with your own strength and not by the weight of the door itself.

I stayed in the room to the right as you enter the upstairs hallway and I was home alone one afternoon while my roommate was at work. I was playing Madden on my PS3 and I leave the door to the stairs open and against the wall so I can hear if anyone is coming inside. Around 11:00 a.m. I'm absorbed in my game when out of the corner of my eye, the door to my stairs starts to move. At first I was curious, but then I realized "how the hell is this door moving itself?" It was a heavy enough door that it would not move unless you moved it yourself. The door slowly closed itself into the door jam which was also impossible unless you physically pushed it closed. Needless to say I was freaked out.

Gosh, so many freaky stories I had living in that house and it was the best year of my life. The first thing my friend said the first time he walked into that house was "Dude, this place freaks me out." It did have a creepy aura to it but I never really believed that stuff until I moved in. I have a different opinion now to say the least.

ETA: I awoke from a nap one morning and saw a little girl standing about 5 feet from my bed wearing a long white dress, with long dark hair and what appeared to be a teddy bear. She was floating just above the ground, hovering if you will. It could have been just my mind playing tricks on me. However, one of my friends was downstairs in the living room and there was a hand rail leading up the stairs. He told me he was laying on the couch watching t.v. when he looked over and saw a young girl, wearing a white dress, peering through the railings at him. I'd say that was disturbing but it couldn't have been our minds messing with us because they happened on two separate occasion's. I told my roommate who freaked out and said Roe, the friend who was on the couch, had a similar experience.

No, I don't do drugs. Definitely unexplainable and very interesting to say the least. It did explain the constant foot steps heard running back and forth upstairs when everyone was downstairs.
edit on 31-5-2011 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My "paranormal" incident happened when i was about 8 yrs old. I remember going to sleep one night in my bunk bed (i slept below, my little sister slept on the top one) which was placed against the wall with the part with one edge of the bed facing a wall. This one night i was laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep and i started feeling these warm hands start to slowly touch my feet and up towards my ankles. At first i thought it was me imagining things but then i felt a firm grip starting to get ahold of my feet and start pulling me toward the wall that my bunk bed was facing. I started kicking my feet hoping that whatever was grabbing me would let go and grabbing the headrest of the bunk bed to hold on to something. I was so terrified that i couldnt scream and i remember starting to pray an Our Father ( i was in catholic school at the time). Somehow that seemed to work and whatever was grabbing me let go.

The other incident came years later (when i was 21) i would hear a series of things outside my room all the time. I lived in a converted garage and i would always hear horses footsteps on top of my roof and what sounded like a carriage. Mind you i live in Los Angeles, in the city! I would just lay there in bed wondering why the hell would there be horses walking in the roof! It would always happen around 11pm and one time i actually went outside to check and found absolutely nothing. Luckily, i moved the heck away from that damned place (so many deaths have occurred in that apt building along with many many pets dying). I do live across the streeet now
but nothing has followed me here.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hi, am new here

I had the experience of sleep paralysis once. I woke up at midnight once, i was lying sideways but was completely paralyzed. Could not move,shout,speak . At the corner of my eyes i saw a huge black figure with a dark robe. Worse is that he had some kind of Scythe in his hand. He slowly walked towards me. I was completely terrified. I wanted to shout,scream,run everything but nothing, completely paralyzed completely helpless. he came near me and started pulling my hands and press on my chest with such pressure that i had trouble breathing...

I called out to god in my mind and being a Hindu i started reciting some prayers in my mind aimed to destroying evil.The entity left me alone in a few moments, but am still terrified of that day to this moment...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
hi, am new here

I had the experience of sleep paralysis once. I woke up at midnight once, i was lying sideways but was completely paralyzed. Could not move,shout,speak . At the corner of my eyes i saw a huge black figure with a dark robe. Worse is that he had some kind of Scythe in his hand. He slowly walked towards me. I was completely terrified. I wanted to shout,scream,run everything but nothing, completely paralyzed completely helpless. he came near me and started pulling my hands and press on my chest with such pressure that i had trouble breathing...

I called out to god in my mind and being a Hindu i started reciting some prayers in my mind aimed to destroying evil.The entity left me alone in a few moments, but am still terrified of that day to this moment...

Hey, welcome to the site. I'm kinda new, too.

I've had sleep paralysis frequently for the past six years. Its common enough that I really don't think its something to worry about. It always tends to happen when I'm most stressed or when my normal sleeping habits get disturbed somehow. I know the stuff you see/hear is convincing but you just have to remember that you're practically dreaming with your eyes open. I mean- there are plenty of people who give supernatural explanations for sleep paralysis, so you aren't alone in thinking that. I just personally don't bother caring when I'm paralyzed in bed and see an old witch looming over my bed, lol. I kind of enjoy having these anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I've had experiences but nothing undeniable.

Thats why I am here.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've had a few unexplainable experiences in my life, but the one that opened my eyes to a possible "other dimension" or "psychic connection to other people" (for lack of better words):

I was 13 years old, sleeping in my bed when I suddenly sat bolt upright, wide awake for no apparent reason... I wasn't having a nightmare or anything... but literally sat bolt upright.

The sun was shining in my window, so I turned to look at my clock. It was 9:02am Saturday morning.

Since I was one of those kids that would sleep almost through the entire morning, this was really weird for me. I sat there for a minute wondering why the heck I woke up like that ? I had this weird feeling come over me that I can't explain in terms of emotion... I just felt strangely uncomfortable and like someone had just been in my room maybe ?

So I thought to myself, this is stupid, it's too early to wake up... so I threw the covers over my head and went back to sleep.

Later that afternoon, I was sitting on the front steps playing with my barbie doll when a car pulled up in front of the house and a man in a suit and tie started to walk up our sidewalk.

I stared at him for a second, and as he approached closer, I stood up and screamed at him at the top of my lungs "He's not dead ! He's not dead ! My brother's not dead !". The man froze mid-step and stared at me with utter shock on his face and then I ran into the house, crying my eyes out running up the stairs to my room still screaming "It's not my brother ! He's not dead !".

The man came to the door and announced to my mom and dad that my brother indeed had died... I remember hearing my mom screaming and crying and running out the back door.

I have absolutely no idea where my thoughts came from. I was not consciously aware of any thought about it... but for some strange reason, I just knew.

Many years later, my mom showed me my brother's autopsy report. It had written on it, "Time of death: 9:02am"

That's when I put two and two together and the memory and strange feelings of that morning flooded back into my memory of that horrible day. And I can't help thinking, did my brother come to say goodbye to me or did I just feel some sort of psychic type of connection to him ? He was 6 years older than me and was one of these older brother looking over his baby sister types... always watching my back, making sure nobody picked on me.

30 years have passed since that day and I still remember the look on that detectives face like as if it were yesterday... He must have had one hell of a story to tell the boys back at the office, no doubt !

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

yeah..i know its more or less a thing that your brain creates but you never know. The world i just completely unexpected. The problem is why is it always a black guy in a robe or an old witch. Why not some girl in a bikini, i mean seriously...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't have any stories as terrifying as some of what you guys posted, but I've had a few scary moments of my own. I've had premonitions. Twice I have had dreams that ended up coming true. They weren't anything serious...just mundane events that I dreamt before they happened.

I guess the most unsettling moment that I have ever had was when I was in that half sleep, half awake state one Saturday morning. As I was drifting out of sleep I started hearing whispering. Not just one voice whispering, but multiple. Now, before you say that I was dreaming...when I realized that I was hearing the whispering, I tried to tune in to what it could be. Brother's tv in the other room...No. Family in the kitchen having coffee...No, not that either. People outside...Negative. While trying to figure out what I was hearing I was waking up and before long I was wide awake and still hearing these voices. I even asked myself if that is what schizophrenia felt like when it starts manifesting (psych major)...smh. The voices continued until I said "STOP" really loudly in my head. Haven't heard it since, but it really freaked me out at the time. I also couldn't understand what the voices were saying. It sounded almost like the whispering that you hear at the beginning of the movie Stir of Echoes. So much that when I saw that movie and heard the whispering, I got chills.

So, that's my story. I wish I could find out what it was all about, but it was so long ago and it hasn't happened since.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

hmmmm, SAD hadn't even crossed my mind. Off the top of my head, i can't remember if it happens more or less at different times of year, but I had one experience which was much more.... unusual and that was mid-summer.

I'm glad other people expreience this. it keeps it very real for me. when it happens, and particularly the stronger one, it could be very easy to perceive it as a spiritual one.

I'm glad posts like this exist

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

You can message me about it if you want. But I guarantee I know exactly what you're going through.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I never had a physical manifestation of a ghost, at least not while fully awake. More on that later.
The thing that made me a believer in the paranormal is that I was very strong psychic in my youth. I knew things that sometimes even adults didn't know. It was like I was always tuned in to channel the collective consiousness. When I was maybe 6 I knew that me and my grandfather should go to see my favorite uncle which we had planned to do at that day anyway, but around noon I felt certain we needed to go immediately. He committed suicide at about 12:15 that day, if we'd left at noon we'd have still not been there in time to stop him, but it may have been in time to still save him. I also found out he committed suicide by ouija board (my mom and grandoarents told me all my life before the ouija incident that he died of Cancer). So yes, Ouja boards are NOT just a game and they CAN be very useful tools.
When I was a teenager I constantly had dreams of the next day ahead that came to pass to the "T". Always mundane daily stuff, usually I would see what kind of conversation would come up or what lesson we would learn stuff like that. HAAHAA This had a lot to do with me never studying or doing homework but always passing quizzes and tests.
LOL!

So ghost experienced that I "may" have seen a physical apparition was in our rental home in Philadelphia (2004). I slept on the couch (there was a lot of activity in the upstairs of that house that prompted me to stay on the living room couch most nights). Anyway My stepdaughter stayed with me and her father along with our three kids. The night I fell asleep downstairs on the living room couch my stepdaughter was still downstairs in the dining room (right next to the living room) To give you a visual you'd walk into the door and you were in the living room straight ahead (back wall of living room) was my couch, next to the couch was the stairs but the bottom 3 stairs faced the same way the couch faced and then the rest were straight ahead looking from the door. then to the lright (ugh still getting left and right mixed up)AAAA of the stairs was an archway leading to the dining room beyond that was another archway leading to the kitchen and back door to the left of the sink in the kichen, on the back wall of the kitchen was a doorless opening to the basement stairs. Maybe I'll just show you a pic this will be better so you can get an idea of the layout.

So now you got the idea (they have it pretty much the same way we had it but we had no coffee table) So anyway I was asleep on the couch and woke one morning to see what I thought was my step daughter asleep on the floor covered with a blanket like just her hair sticking out in a "Sloppy bun" style. How she often wore it. The same color as her hair. Still groggy very much I carefully stepped "over" her while she slept, Went to the kitchen and turned on the coffee to get it ready. (I set it up at night to start it in the am). Then I walk back into the living room and no blanket and no stepdaughter!
I was much more awake also at this point and run upstairs yelling for my stepdaughter which woke her up... I asked "Weren't you just sleeping on the floor in the living room?" She said no I slept in the girls' room with them all night I been here, you could tell she was still groggy from me waking her up and she's not one to play tricks and my girls never had red hair so, it was something else, luckily it was gone when I was more coherent or else the whole neighborhood would have been awaked to a screaming banshee!

Also in the house when my kids were showering and me and my stepdaughter were down stairs, we had glass doors on the shower, my son walked in to the bathroom to wait to get his shower after the girls, who showered together (they were 10 & 6) My Stepdaughter was 16 maybe or 15. My son was 11 Anyway he walked in and the entire shower glass doors came off with the track as the girls were getting out, only my son got a scratch even though they shattered all over the dang bathroom! So I ran up freaking out screaming cause I thought one of them caused the damage, after all we were renting. Till this day they say there's no good reason the whole entire (even frame) of those doors should have come down! It's twofold because I beleive something tried to harm them but also something was protecting them since they all 3 were stnding in direct line of the fall of those shower doors.
There's many things that happened to me at that home. I would never want to live in a place like that again though I loved it, I also loathed it. It's a beautiful home, with some very sinister spirits attached to it.

So that's my little "stories" all of which are true swear to you, I am not joking!
edit on 1-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling again

edit on 1-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: repetative sentence errr

edit on 1-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: fix left/right error HAHA

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The most interesting ghost story I have to share not only involves myself but my dad as well. Six years ago my step mom passed away from complications due to diabetes. It was a very rough time for all of us and I had my father move in with us so I could keep an eye on him since he was going through some extreme depression (they had been married for 24 years). It was about 8 months since she had passed away and it was a really hot spring day. We had spent several hours out working in the yard and we were taking a break/ nap during the hottest part of the day. Dad went to his room on his end of the house and I went to mine on the other.

So I'm laying there on my bed, wishing it wasn't so hot and thinking about a cool shower when I hear someone walking up our wooden wheel chair ramp. Footsteps. Very distinctive footsteps. My step mom had had her leg removed below the knee and was given a prosthetic leg due to her diabetes. Once I realized what the sound was I was shocked, I couldn't move only just lay there. Then the impossible happened. The front door opened and I heard her walk across the living room watched my bedroom door push open and with my own eyes watched as something invisible made a depression on the side of the bed. It was completely amazing as I could smell her personal mom smell. Instantly I started crying and jumped out of bed .. ran across the house and rushed in to my fathers bed room to find him crying as well. we both sat there consoling each other as he had heard the same things I had and saw what I had seen. She came to pay us a visit we said maybe to tell us that we should start moving on with our lives. Anyway that I look at it it was an amazing day for us both and brought closure to losing a mom and a wife.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Orb, saw by me and a friend of mine. Flew between us(kinda, it shot upward when it got between us), so it clearly wasn't a light on the wall or anything. Just, no doubt it was an orb. Now, what the orb actually was(Ghost, light-organism, alien tech) I have no idea, and therefore don't believe anything out of it.

Most other stories are by myself alone, and perception and memory are subjective, so I don't consider them as concrete without someone seconding it happening.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've had absolutely undeniable experiences in 2 houses, 1 of which was known to be haunted. I say undeniable because other people were present to experience the phenomena.
(For the record, I'm a skeptic, and believe that probably 90% of 'paranormal' events can be 'logically' explained.)

In the first house, we heard footsteps numerous times. Someone was walking around on the upstairs floor, directly above us. Unmistakable footsteps. Not thuds or raps or other explainable 'house noises'.
On some occasions, we'd hear them for a good 2-3 minutes. I was about to go upstairs to check it out, when a friend suggested waiting and listening. The footsteps persisted!

This happened frequently. We'd go check, and no one was there. We'd check closets, under beds, any possible hiding spot...there was no one there. The footsteps weren't always the same. They usually sounded like a large, heavy man. A few times they were like light and soft, like a child walking fast or running.

The second house was a cool old house my ex-girlfriend rented about 10 years ago. We would be lying in bed late at night, and we'd hear muffled voices talking. I thought it was a clock radio or the TV picking up stray radio signals. For several days, we unplugged the electrical devices to see if my hunch was correct.
We heard a woman's voice speak right into our ears. It was coming right out of the air. We both knew she was asking questions, but her voice was so muffled we could not discern the words.

That old house was a trip! One time we were making tacos, and I swear to God the box of taco shells was hopping around on the counter! It rapidly 'jumped' about 5 times. That was crazy. I could find no plausible explanation whatsoever!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join