It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most "undeniably" paranormal experience you've had.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm interested. Obviously there will always be debate over whether or not these events are scientifically explainable, but what has happened to you that transformed you from a skeptic into a believer of the supernatural?

There's a place known as Rogues Hollow about ten miles from where I live. Its pretty well known to ghost enthusiasts from around here. There are some modern housing allotments out there but most of the hollow consists of windy roads wrapping around deep, dark woods... definitely giving a horror story vibe. There are places within the hollow where you feel like you could be living in the 1800's and where you feel like you're miles away from any modern civilization. This is where my friends and I spend most of our time when we explore the place.

Now there's a "crybaby bridge" legend surrounding this place where a woman supposedly drowned her own infant in the creek (which is almost big enough to be considered a river) that runs through Rogues Hollow. Supposedly you can hear the cries of it late at night just by standing on the main bridge. There are around five bridges total within the hollow and they all are supposedly "haunted". Another similar urban legend requires you to park your car on the bridge, turn off your headlights, and place the keys on the roof. Its retarded- yes, but I've done this on about twenty different nights and we (myself and just about a different person every time) always agree that weird noises come from around the car just after we do this. Sometimes we'll hear what sounds like horse hooves coming from a short distance behind the car, progressively getting closer. Other times it'll just be faint tapping on different points of the car's exterior. Its not distinct knocking but a cracking sound here-and-there. I always demand that everyone sits perfectly still and I'm always intently watching to make sure the sound isn't from somebody just slightly moving inside the car. I've wondered if the sound is maybe coming from the hot car engine but I can assure you it isn't. Again- this has happened nearly every time I've tried it and I've gone with all different types of people in all kinds of vehicles. But seeing as there's even a remote possibility the noise is coming from UNDER the bridge due to the stress of the car's weight- I just write it off as that. Though most of you would probably piss yourselves if you experienced this same thing

The singular event that entirely changed my perspective of ghosts was when my friends and I were walking down an old dirt path there. It leads from a paved road all the way back into the middle of some woods; and between the points is a huge, open field of weeds as tall as I am. It could definitely be used for a scene in a supernatural thriller movie. I was in the very back of the line of people I was exploring this way with when I felt a hand touch my back. It didn't feel like somebody grabbed my shirt. It wasn't a slap. It felt just like an open hand lightly but firmly being placed on my back and pulling away. I turned around immediately to realize nobody was behind me and, needless to say, I got a little spooked. It was a bit of a challenge to go back to that place since this happened

I wrote a long blog about my experiences with this place and I can easily link you guys to it if you're interested in hearing more. And here is a link to a short video a news reporter put together about the place years ago.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Hi,

I just posted my a thread the other day describing the strangest experience i've ever had:

A very strange personal experience....

I experience a de-realisation. Little bit more info in my thread and a few others came forward wit the same experience.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Hi,

I just posted my a thread the other day describing the strangest experience i've ever had:

A very strange personal experience....

I experience a de-realisation. Little bit more info in my thread and a few others came forward wit the same experience.

I just went through a serious case of this in March. It has happened right around the end of winter every year for the past three years. I think it has to do with seasonal depression.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm going to S & F this thread and give it a bump. I believe there is the possibility of Ghosts but I also believe about 99% of what is presented as proof is BS. I had a couple of experiences in quick succession but I can't say they were "Undeniable" proof of ghosts. It happened within two weeks of my Grandmothers passing. We had moved into her Old Victorian era home after she passed away.

My two sisters I were waiting to go clothing and school supply shopping as the school year was only a week away. We were waiting on the front porch for our eldest brother who would take us shopping after he finished work. A big argument broke out between my two sisters which quickly escalated into a very loud shouting match. The locked front door opened slowly all the way, we all stopped and looked then I went over and check the door and pulled it shut again making sure it was secure. A few minutes later my sisters were at it again. The front door again opened by itself. We all got spooked at that point, then we could all smell my Grandmothers favorite perfume.

It's as if she was wanting us to take our business inside out of our neighbors earshot.

For what it's worth.

PEACE
edit on 31-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've had many high strangeness experiences, but there is this -- one -- that left physical evidence for me to even view later when I wanted to. It was the early summer of 2001. I was working as a security guard nightwatchman (girl) on a private property, this old mansion with it's own family masoleum. My post was downstairs in the house, right off the back porch and yard in a small guest room, only a few feet from where I parked my little car in their large circular driveway, for their three car garage. As I worked there every night (from 9pm-to-5am) I became -clearly- aware that this site was really haunted. (Various experiences I had alone, there.) But one morning, as I ended my shift and went into my car, this is what I saw.
My entire windshield inside, was covered in mist. From a foggy night. Within this mist, were these handprints and handprints and handprints crowding and covering the --- entire --- glass. They were not mine (obvious size difference reasons) and each fingertip on every hand, extended long out to a point, so that they looked like demonic claw hands. Who/What-ever did this, --- wanted --- to disturb me. I left the handprints there without wiping them, to see how long they'd linger or immediately vanish. Many days long after the mist dried up, you could still see the hands faintly. They gradually eventually vanished.
My car was locked. I always kept my car locked there.
edit on 31-5-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
My experience has several elements to it, to this day not sure what it was but it happened when I was young, just out of elementary school. We had this trail that lead to this place we simply called "The falls" don't bother looking for it not on a map. And now it's on private land gated and everything. But there was rumors that a lot of bad things happened there, drug deals gone bad, murders and the whole lot. Most only urban legend but for a kid it was quite a tale and intrigued me and a buddy of mine. So we went on our marry way walking down the trail, forests of green, and moss ferns the whole shebang. We rounded this corner, and something huge looking back at it I would say it was a good seven feet tall, stood up on the edge of one of the hills over looking the trail. It was solid black similar to a bear but looked like it had arms, with white hands. It was there but a moment and vanished, I looked at my buddy and asked, "Did you see that?" he just looked at me and nodded. We walked a little bit further and this feeling I can't explain it, almost like we were being watched over came me. I remember him looking at me and saying, "This doesn't feel right." So we began to walk back towards the entrance of the trail towards the road for home, and this big ole crash smacked into a refrigerator someone placed at an illegal dump site. We then started bookin it ran half way to my house until we couldn't run anymore. Never have forgotten that, whether it was just a bear or what not it is something that is in my mind. This happened in the Northwest close to the Canadian and Montana border where there have been a lot of bigfoot sightings. I get goose bumps talking about it even now.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I opened the freezer door once, and wait for this..............

the light didn't come on.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A group of my friends all lived in this old house near the campus in my city.

One of them always talked about how there was this ghost that followed her, and she would see him walking around corners. She referred to him as "Top Hat," as this gentleman looked to be from the early 1900's late 1800's. She would be scared all the time, and the other 4 girls in the house made fun of her for it.

Until one day.

I was sitting on their couch which faces the dining room, and took two pictures of my friend and her sister who were in that dining room. These pictures were taken on a digital camera, yet one of them had a smudgy orange effect on the left side of it. I zoomed in and my jaw dropped. Standing on the left side of the photo, you could COMPLETELY make out a gentleman. You could see his face, hat, and collar of his shirt before blending in with the rest of the orange smudging.

After I showed it to her, she completely freaked out. She deleted it a few days later from her camera because she was so petrified.

I never slept alone in that house ever again. Whenever I stayed over, it was in someone else's bed with them.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In my experiences I have too many to tell here. But I can tell you that back when I was 12 years old something happened to me that changed me forever.

I was in a cemetery in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada called Drummond Hill Cemetery, this is the cemetery where the soldiers of 1812 rest. I was walking through the cemetery as I normally did to get home from school, but it was a little later in the evening on this day and I decided to walk around a bit. So I stumbled upon this statue of a noble horse with a soldier on it's back. I stared in awe at the craftmanship of the statue and as I was admiring the statue something very peculiar occurred.

I was standing in front of the statue when I felt a breeze on my neck which was odd because it was very very warm out. I looked behind me and there stood the figure of a soldier with no eyes and blood on his torso. I reached out to touch him but it was at this moment that he opened his jaws like a demon enveloping the camera in a horror film. I ran away scared but stopped and went back as I was young and dumb.

I looked around for the soldier and saw him about 15 feet in front of me, and he seemed to move in a manner indicating that I was not welcome, I chose to proceed to him which was extremely dangerous as I had already been scared half to death by his presence.

As I get closer I collapsed on the ground onto my knees, could not move and all I could hear were his words in my head saying "You do not belong on these grounds, please stay away from here as this is not your home" I then tried to get back up but could not so I focussed as hard as I could and said to the man using my mind that I did not wish to harm him and I was only walking through. He then said"I know who you are and what your past is, you have gone against the wishes of the soldiers that rest here and now you shall pay."

It was at this moment I felt electricity surging through my body and like the presence of another individual was in my body. As soon as I could muster the strength to climb back to my feet I stumbled to a bench where I could sit and breathe and collect my thoughts, I tried to understand what had just occurred but just went home as I was scared enough.

Over the next few weeks I started to experience things I had never experienced before: Seeing dead souls with no eyes, demons, and spiritual entities that would follow me for days. This story is not made up. It is a true account of what I have been through and I can finally tell my story without fear of ridicule. To this day I still experience demons, I see ghosts on a daily basis in every situation and to be honest, I like it, I do not wish it away as there is definitely a reason I am experiencing these things and it is a gift to me not a burden.

From that incident as well I have been able to read other's minds at specific points and I am capable of astral projection and out of body experiences. The lesson here is do not ignore the entities which seek your assistance and help, and more improtantly do not walk through military cemeteries, they are the saddest places on Earth.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Thats an amaaaaaazing story. EVERYONE'S story here so far, is super amazing and scary.

Very interesting you experienced like a (an attempted?) possession, then became a medium afterward. (Anyone who easily sees spirits is a medium.) I have heard those kinds of encounter results before.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I opened the freezer door once, and wait for this..............

the light didn't come on.

*GASP*

Really, though, I'm reading all of these stories. Really cool stuff. Keep them coming.

I have plenty of other weird experiences but the one I already mentioned was probably the strongest. On top of this, I have:

- Woken up one morning at my old house to see a shadowy figure standing at the foot of my bed

- Had a blanket pulled off of me while sleeping on the floor at a friend's house (I was in the middle of the living room where nobody could do it without me seeing them move around)

- Had a crafty church figurine/thing dropped on my head while sitting against the wall in my friend's attic... this one was creepy as hell but I just laughed as it happened. I wasn't even touching the shelf it fell off of before it happened. I was leaning against the door frame linking my friend's upstairs bedroom with the little office space. We were just talking about retarded stuff when it happened. Everyone else was nearly asleep in the bedroom and the door behind me was shut. This thing just dropped on my head out of nowhere. My friends jokingly took it as a sign that I should start going to church, seeing that I'm not religious at all.

- Had a couple "premonitions". I could go into detail but there's a lot of stuff I'd have to explain with this one.

- Seen a black bear in northern Ohio. I spend more time debating this one than when I tell people my other stories *facepalm*

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Alright I'll bite,,

it was a long time ago in a faraway land,, the suburbs of detroit..

my Grand mother had a in-ground swimming pool, and called me to come in,, after i had been enjoying the hot summer day, to partake in some fresh Cookies she had just made.

i jumped out of the pool , dripping wet, and ran up to her back door and up 3 steps to her screendoor..

(this is hard to describe) as one would enter the back door of this type of house, you would walk in to a small landing and turn Right, up 2 other stairs, and be in the kitchen, if one would go forward after entering, you would find the stairs that lead downstairs to the basement..

i RAN inside the house,, slippery from the pool water and never made the right turn,, and tumbled down the flight of stairs into the dark basement.. i layed on my back for a second-- and then I sat up quickly feeling ALRIGHT!!

i looked over into the dark area to my left and i saw a being "Glowing" it SMILED at me in a very Strong yet kind face....

my grandmother came to the top of the stairs above and to my front, and stood there asking if i was alright..
I looked again at the being and the ?ANGEL? was looking up THROUGH the floor at my grandmother,,as it appeared to me at the time..

i was convinced,, as a 7 year old that I SAW something that was real... and yet UNreal at the same time..

i became a believer in Angels,, and by proxy,, a believer in GOD.. because if to me, there WERE such things as ANGELS,,, then the Whole GOD thing MUST be TRUE..!!!!!

anyway,, Thats my Two cents...!!

now WHO's god----- well,,,THAT is another discussion...

oh so to END the story... my Grandmother NEVER forgot what i said about this experience..

so its not just the story of a small boy----- she Told the story to her friends/family also... untill she passed a few years ago...

but i know SHE is still ,,,,-----.......,,,,,,,,,----== somewhere...!

edit on 5/31/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

edit on 5/31/11 by darrman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

edit on 5/31/11 by darrman because: add a line

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

Alright I'll bite,,

it was a long time ago in a faraway land,, the suburbs of detroit..

I couldn't read anymore. That was terrifying.

Actually that's a pretty good experience.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

To be completely honest, it was one of the scariest experiences but rewarding experiences of my life. To this day I try to understand what I see and experience more and more. I have had a lot of experiences where spirits will come to me and tell me that no one else can hear their cries and I try to help them as best I can.

There are many things that I have come to understand and one of them is that we are all capable of these things and seeing things in a higher frequency. I also have an AB - blood type and have been told that it is the rarest blood type on Earth. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I experience these things but regardless of the reason I welcome it all.

I am sincerely grateful for the family here at ATS for being able to share my stories, provide insight and be accepted for my beliefs instead of being ridiculed. We are all members of this community for a reason and no matter who you are or what walk of life you come from, you can benefit from being a member here.

edit on 31-5-2011 by DragonRain311 because: Left out an important point

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've never actually seen a ghost per se, but have experienced that which cannot be explained away by conventional logic.

Since I have no proof, pics, or evidence of any kind I will refrain from further painting a bull's eye. (Pretty lame, huh?)

It seems that the ghost-hunter type shows do more to ridicule the subject than shed light on it. Not even worth the entertainment value, as it can clearly be seen that scripts and paid actors are involved. Anyone that has worked in showbiz or actually experienced something phenomenal should be able to tell the difference. (How does this crap stay on air?)

I've always kind of thought that perhaps what people experience when encountering apparitions might be some sort of memory playback, or traumatic event that somehow left an echo through space-time. There seems to be more to it than that though, especially according to the innumerable assortment of accounts. "Paranormal" seems to cover a lot of ground.

Science pretty much turns a blind eye to anecdotal evidence as witnesses are fallible. There is a mother lode of data on this subject, and all of it seems to be fairly useless. Damn shame.

Great thread though!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps
I've always kind of thought that perhaps what people experience when encountering apparitions might be some sort of memory playback, or traumatic event that somehow left an echo through space-time.

That's kind of what I trust in. I think its called the "stone tape theory". I'm curious to see if there have been any attempts to support this with scientific theory.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

Went into a 19th century farm house (abandoned) walked into it and heard footsteps in the snow around the place. Called out but no reply. The steps were heal toe. Friend heard it as well, walked around no other footsteps around the house other than our own. Large bang like something heavy was thrown. We ran away down the street to the sound of coyotes howling. Looked up in the sky and there were "orb" like lights appearing and shooting off in different directions in the distant night sky.

Last year I witnessed a group of similar "orbs" and they were flying in different directions when one suddenly flew south west and stopped. It then appeared to descend rapidly and with that the brilliance of the light magnified substantially. It took off into the night sky with the same mind boggling speed.

**Arm out to sky w/ thumb up, size of initial light similar to common star. Once descended arm out thumb up about a Quarters worth in diameter brilliant white and gold light. I remember taking a step back from my position because I startled at the speed in which it moved and for that instant was not sure it was going to come at me.
edit on 31-5-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Some very interesting stories left on this thread..........I just love a good ghost or gobblin story hehehe I myself haven't seen anything scary, but I have felt spirits before many times. One of those times stands out the most in my mind because it was so intense. About two years ago I had been doing a lot of research on the Masons and a lot of other dark material, but I am not convinced this necessarily had anything to do with this moment. I remember looking out my bedroom window on the second floor and as I went to go climb into my bed where I was watching TV and doing research on my laptop I had this overwhelming feeling that I was not alone. I have had these feelings before but NEVER anything like this one. I had the sense that this particular spirit was so much stronger than anything I had ever felt. All of a sudden my breathing became labored to the point I was a little scared. I could sense where this energy came from and so I looked towards its direction. I felt it was toying with me as though I was some form of entertainment. I had a sense it was VERY VERY old. I fought this battle in my mind that it wanted me to succumb to it, but I would not. I plugged in some music just to get some relief and it was a little better because it helped me to focus. It finally left after what seemed like 10-15 minutes. I remember feeling a little fear because I didn't feel I had a lot of power against it.........I even said prayers etc and that didn't work out as they seemed to have done in the past. Hasn't happened since and nor am I in a hurry for it to. Well thats my story and I'm stickin to it as they say hehehe

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This happened when I was about 10. A friend and I were sitting on the couch in the living room at my home. It was mid-day, sunny and bright outside. No one else was in the house aside from the two of us. My brothers were outside playing and my dad was at work. (My parents were divorced and my mom was living with a boyfriend.) We were having fun playing with the kittens my cat had given birth to not long before, when I suddenly smelled cigarette smoke. My dad was a smoker, but he never smoked in the house and this smelled like a buring cigarette. Not residue. My friend smelt it too. I looked up and at the TV and couldn't believe my eyes! (TV was off BTW). I told my friend to look and we BOTH saw, in the reflection, an old lady standing at the other end of the couch, holding a lit cigarette! We both snapped our heads to the left where this woman should have been standing...but she wasn't there. We looked back at the TV and she wasn't there anymore either. The smell disappeared as well.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

haha Nice. I get that sense that something's standing behind me all the time. And your story reminded me of last winter when I started getting really deep into researching the whole NWO thing. I spent some time looking up information on the Freemasons that day and went into town to hang out with some friends. On the walk back home, I noticed something big buried under the snow at the end of my driveway. I didn't get a good look at it because it was dark and I didn't have any light source on me. So I went inside and texted my friend, jokingly saying "I think the Freemasons buried a dead goat in my driveway".

I went back out to explore and it really did look like a dead animal even after staring at it for a good ten seconds. I got a shovel and started digging it out of the snow before realizing it was just a pile of black trash bags, lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join