It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Deadliest Creatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
These creatures may seem like fun, but do not be fooled by their exotic exterior or you may be making a fatal friendship. Travelers beware...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab5d1713ea32.jpg[/atsimg]

Graham Milledge, collection manager at the Australian Museum's Arachnology division, collects venom from the Sydney Funnel Web Spider for research. A dangerous task considering this particular arachnid is the world's deadliest of spiders.

Blue-ringed Octopus
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaab1cf69140.jpg[/atsimg]

This octopus, native to Australia and other islands in the Pacific Ocean, is one of the most venomous marine creatures in the world. Blue rings appear in the octopus when it is irritated or excited. A bite from this octopus can completely paralyze and a kill a human in a matter minutes.

Box Jellyfish, a.k.a the Sea Wasp
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f55a1c73839.jpg[/atsimg]

have up to 60 tentacles, each measuring 15 feet long. Every tentacle has 5,000 stinging cells and enough toxins to kill 60 humans, according to livescience.com

Poison Dart Frog
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f22fe48a83c.jpg[/atsimg]

the blue color of this South American creature serves as a warning to would-be predators. Its skin is covered with glands that secrete alkaloid poisons capable of paralyzing and even killing predators.

Source: www.foxnews.com...=1

Now come on.... tell me that little cute blue frog is going to take a full size human down. Pretty odd-if you think about it enough. To me, that frog looks like a freak creature from a twisted verision of Alice in Wonderland....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96743b4808e6.jpg[/atsimg]
That little bugger just looks plain MEAN. "Don't Mess with ME!"

I just never heard of the frog or the Blue ringed Octopus. Anyone?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33a1f0b34030.jpg[/atsimg]

I think one of these little guys needs to be in my fish tank..... Just love those rings...

Hard to believe these little creatures are or can be so deadly. Mother Nature has an odd sense of how things should be-sometimes.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Awesome! Thanks.
But i think you forgot one. Humans

S&f

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dp Sry delete
edit on 31/5/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I used to have Blue Ring Octopi around under my feet when fishing crawling around the rocks, they are a very pretty animal but definitely one to give a wide berth.
Much smaller than you may realise too.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Very cool pics! I think they are given/evolved these toxics so that they can survive. S&F Don't lick the blue frogs

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
haha your absolutely right well said. Humans might as well have poison glands.
edit on 31-5-2011 by joeym1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It seems like whoever created these animals has a dark sense of humor. Why do they look so interesting yet they are so dangerous. Maybe it's because they had to adapt from people always wanting them as pets. That's the natural process.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Worlds deadliest creature = Humans.

David

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Dang you for posting a spider pic, I hate those buggers and that word is not used lightly by me. Freaking brown recluses, widows, and I will add scorpions to that list cause they just hurt when they sting you, (worse than a bee sting IMO and yes I have been stung by one). their arachnids anyways. All arachnids are Bass turds.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I love nature even though it can be deadly.
Im glad i dont have to worry about the dart frog as im in Australia and you gotta love this country of Australia i live in.
I live to far south to have seen a box jelly fish, but I have caught many a Blue Ring Octopus while trying to get prawns with a hand scoop on many occassions.
I have also ran into many a funnel web working around the central coast area and sydney part ( nsw) Australia.
But you forgot to mention that most of the worlds deadliest snake's live here too.
Australia keeps you looking around when you stay here

edit on 31-5-2011 by meathed because: I choose to

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

LOL yes, the snakes of the Aussie land.

I didn't do the article. They did indicate teh King Cobra as one...

Had I done the article I would have, of course, included the:

WIFE..... as one of the most deadly-under the right conditions.....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by meathed

LOL yes, the snakes of the Aussie land.

I didn't do the article. They did indicate teh King Cobra as one...

Had I done the article I would have, of course, included the:

WIFE..... as one of the most deadly-under the right conditions.....

Snake's are so misunderstood .I was the Wildlife Curator for Elapid Education for ten years down here in Australia.I would travel around the country performing educational awareness demonstrations and teach first aid.
My favourite animal was a Inland Taipan or Fierce Snake.The most venomous snake in the world.Her name was Mortisha,she was a truely beautiful creature and was so placid .I would ware her around my neck like a scarf to make a point to the crowd .She had the potential to kill me 70 time over, so, so much for the name and reputation of the Fierce Snake.

It amaze's me how uneducated people are about these animals,many don't know the difference between poison and venom.Animals don't poison people, they envenomate.To be poisoned you must ingest, get it? Animals envenomate by breaking the skin.Thanks for posting OP, I love these creatures.
edit on 31-5-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

You're welcome but I should be saying thank you.

Do you have any pics of the snakes you worked with?

I am not sure you will ever be able to convince people that Snakes are good.....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i once found posion dart frogs at a pet store,i thought about getting some down the raod but thought that it might not be the best idea

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

What, selling it in a store? Hmmm. Where was that again?

Seems to me like that wouldn't be good for customer relations.

My wife wants one..... ugh.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

i dont even remember, i also saw them at a breeder show as well

new topics

top topics

join