Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

You have died. You are dead. You will continue to die.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Facepalm...

second line.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you refer to the Hebrews quote, then consider light. Is light visible? Do you see the ocean when looking at the surface and waves? The ocean is what is not seen when you only perceive what is illuminated at the surface of substance. The Bible is an onion, just like reality. The pearl is found in the depths. The emerald is found by the slave within the pegmatite.

"Be not arrogant because of that which you know; deal with the ignorant as with the learned; for the barriers of art are not closed, no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire. But good words are more difficult to find than the emerald, for it is by slaves that that is discovered among the rocks of pegmatite." PtahHotep, 5th Dynasty Egypt.

Originally posted by JunoJive
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Facepalm...

second line.
edit on 1-6-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This discussion reminds me of, while not exactly the same, a passage that I read in stephen kings the gunslinger(dark tower series).

The universe (he said) is the Great All, and offers a paradox too great for the finite mind to grasp. As the living brain cannot conceive of a non-living brain - although it may think it can - the finite mind cannot grasp the infinite.

The prosaic fact of the universe's existence alone defeats both the pragmatic and the romantic. There was a time, yet a hundred generations before the world moved on, when mankind had achieved enough technical and scientific prowess to chip a few splinters from the great stone pillar of reality. Even so, the false light of science (knowledge, if you like) shone in only a few developed countries. One company (or cabal) led the way in this regard: North Central Positronics, it called itself. Yet, despite a tremendous increase in available facts, there were remarkably few insights.

"Gunslinger, our many-times-great grandfathers conquered the-disease-which-rots, which they called cancer, almost conquered aging, walked on the moon - "

"I don't believe that," the gunslinger said flatly.

To this, the man in black merely smiled and answered, "You needn't. Yet it was so. They made or discovered a hundred other marvelous baubles. But this wealth of infomation produced little or no insight. There were no great odes written to the wonders of artificial insemination - having babies from frozen mansperm - or to the cars that ran on power of the sun. Few if any seemed to have grasped the truest principle of reality: new knowledge leads to yet more awesome mysteries. Greater physiological knowledge of the brain makes the existence of the soul less possible yet more probable by the nature of the search. Do you see? Of course you don't. You've reached the limits of your ability to comprehend. But nevermind - that's beside the point."

"What is the point then?"

"The greatest mystery the universe offers is not life but size. Size encompasses life, and the Tower encompasses size. The child, who is most at home with wonder, says: Daddy, what is above the sky? And the father says: The darkness of space. The child: What is beyond space? The father: The galaxy. The child: Beyond the galaxy? The father: Another galaxy. The child: Beyond the other galaxies? The father: No one knows.

"You see? Size defeats us. For the fish, the lake in which he lives is the universe. What does the fish think when he is jerked up by the mouth through the silver limits of existence and into a new universe where the air drowns him and the light is blue madness? Where huge bipeds with no gills stuff it into a suffocating box abd cover it with wet weeds to die?

"Or one might take the tip of the pencil and magnify it. One reaches the point where a stunning realization strikes home: The pencil tip is not solid; it is composed of atoms which whirl and revolve like a trillion demon planets. What seems solid to us is actually only a loose net held together by gravity. Viewed at their actual size, the distances between these atoms might become league, gulfs, aeons. The atoms themselves are composed of nuclei and revolving protons and electrons. One may step down further to subatomic particles. And then to what? Tachyons? Nothing? Of course not. Everything in the universe denies nothing; to suggest an ending is the one absurdity.

"If you fell outward to the limit of the universe, would you find a board fence and signs reading DEAD END? No. You might find something hard and rounded, as the chick must see the egg from the inside. And if you should peck through the shell (or find a door), what great and torrential light might shine through your opening at the end of space? Might you look through and discover our entire universe is but part of one atom on a blade of grass? Might you be forced to think that by burning a twig you incinerate an eternity of eternities? That existence rises not to one infinite but to an infinity of them?

"Perhaps you saw what place our universe plays in the scheme of things - as no more than an atom in a blade of grass. Could it be that everything we can perceive, from the microscopic virus to the distant Horsehead Nebula, is contained in one blade of grass that may have existed for only a single season in an alien time-flow? What if that blade should be cut off by a scythe? When it begins to die, would the rot seep into our universe and our own lives, turning everthing yellow and brown and desiccated? Perhaps it's already begun to happen. We say the world has moved on; maybe we really mean that it has begun to dry up.

"Think how small such a concept of things make us, gunslinger! If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for such a race of gnats? Does His eye see the sparrow fall when the sparrow is less than a speck of hydrogen floating disconnected in the depth of space? And if He does see... what must the nature of such a God be? Where does He live? How is it possible to live beyond infinity?

"Imagine the sand of the Mohaine Desert, which you crossed to find me, and imagine a trillion universes - not worlds by universes - encapsulated in each grain of that desert; and within each universe an infinity of others. We tower over these universes from our pitiful grass vantage point; with one swing of your boot you may knock a billion billion worlds flying off into darkness, a chain never to be completed.

"Size, gunslinger... size.

"Yet suppose further. Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower. And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?...

"You dare not."

And in the gunslinger's mind, those words echoed: You dare not.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I always thought "deja vu" was more prosaic, That its related to the past lives of the various bodies that the "Soul" has inhabited.
What of the theory that our DNA and Genes, may actually include a memory chip, that somehow the keeper of the genes acts out the live of previous "keepers", of course not exactly, but the various traits etc. are inherited thru the gene/dna, not thru being taught. In that way the "Type" of person is perpetuated, until you pass your genes onto the next "keeper".

Also reflect on random perspective. Each person has their own perspective/perception of the environment they live in.
A simple example is sight. We rely on the available light to be able to see our universe around us. Light is reflected off of objects in the various colours and wavelengths of the spectrum, as well as uv rays, infared, heat etc.
That light enters our pupils in our eyes, as simply light. When it hits the receptors at the back of our eye, that information is converted to electrical impulses, it is no longer light. When it reaches our Vision area of our brain via the Optic nerve those electrical impulses are picked up by the brain cells, and the Message/Colour/texture/Brightness etc is converted by those brain cells into an image....dont ask me how..
Now one person may see a certain colour..say purple. Another person observing the same light, from our wonderful Sun, at the same time may perceive that colour as more blueish than purple, but they are both looking at the same colour in the same light at the same time. Another person may be colour blind and only see that colour as grey. So who is correct. What is the correct colour?, Is there a correct colour?

We could also say that we live in an alternate Universe when we are sleeping, and achieving REM. The brain attains a different alpha mode, and the physical body is virtually dead, other than maintaining minimal life support systems. So when we are dreaming in our Sub concience universe, how do we know which "Reality" is the real one?.

I dont subscribe to the parallel universe idea, but I do think there are many dimensional "Bubbles" that exist at the same time, but totally separate to one another, in which some "life Forms" have the ability to travel between these bubbles.......Perhaps.
edit on 1-6-2011 by gort51 because: bad spelling..wishing I could write like crazy Mr King.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
beautiful if i do say so myself. Its cool to think about things such as that. Every choice you make has the ability to change everything this very moment. Dont be a fear monger, dont let TPTB take your happiness away from you.

Good read Star&Flagged.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Dude, let me be honest and it might sound crazy, ok forget i said might, this WILL sound crazy.

Your thread hit the nail like a hammer. Let me tell you something, I've known this before quantum physics became as popular as it was today. If you know how, you can literally jump between universes, of course this can lead you to be confused and disoriented. Everything you knew, becomes slightly different, hard to remember everything, but I did my best.

My current body's age is 21, in my alternative life (the one I lived before being born as me) was me, but different. In fact I ruined my (last) life. I was a high school drop out, did hard drugs, had lots of sex then got STD's. My friends were interested in space, when I thought it was pointless. Anyting questioning a paranormal experience in anyway was "voodoo #" (exact words) to (old) me.

It's mostly burly but I was given a chance to start over, a fresh start, apperently the universe wasnt happy with me, so I had to start again. Also. I forgot to mention that the universe was pissed cause I figured out how to go from one to the other. Each time everything was different even the layouts of towns, people I knew, friends, family. One universe the town of Perth (small Canadian town) was designed like a city in France, nobody spoke English.

Now I'm pretty sure I've lost the ability to "jump" but when I did, it was like grabbing at super invisible strings, that just warpped ke to somewhere else, and sadly I never had control for the universe I wanted to go to. I did alot of jumping looking for the right one. Then it gets real burly (dunno maybe I died or something) anyway long story short, here I am. As this version of me, I completed high school, I am against hard drugs, don't have STDs cause I'm waiting for the right one. Maybe it was "god" that made me "stuck" but I was told to start over and make it count.

Anyway, that whole story, has been with me since I can remember (there was much much more, but over the years you forget) anyway that's my story. I've always known of paraelle universes, also may I add, that in one or more of my previous versions of me, in a fee universes nobody believed in quantum physics, one where people thought Stephen hawking was crazy (he could still walk and talk, the disease didn't cut off his movements)

Another where earth is mined to death. Black clouds so much pollution. Big oil won. Another nazi Germany would be walking the streets.

I have died, I will continue to die, but when you see countless bubbles representing universes all at once, being told your purpose before some enitiy thing, telling you to not jump between universes cause it was kinda like cheating, but cooler,

Anyway I don't give a rats @$$ if you believe me or not, this is my story as bizarre as it sounds.

Final note, it's possible for organisms to naturally jump between universes, technology is a crutch.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes have have the power!! from now on I AM RICH!! and have LOTS OF GIRLS WITH BIG BOOBS!!!!.....................................................................................i said im rich! and girls with big boobs!! ...................................................................................................................................................... .........................................i am rich....boobs.............

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That was awesome. Thank you for sharing.

reply to post by djzombie

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by withallmylove

this is very close to the truth..i only have one question,if every possibility exists than there is even a universe where all this is a well known fact,so we all know about the other universes,why dont we chose to put an end to all the Bad Choices Universes so we end suffering?..we cannot??..we chose not to?..what is the purpose of letting it go on?

Very interesting. I would imagine that we are all defined by our choices, good as well as bad. It is a matter of contrast. Think of a b/w photograph. Too much white (good) and no dark (bad), and the picture is hardly visible. The same is true for the opposite: too much dark, no light, and the photo is practically meaningless. It is the contrast that allows us to see the world around us, as well as ourselves. Suffering, it seems, is the result of the culmination of a lot of people making poor and/or selfish decisions, --affecting themselves and unfortunately others. Many see the world as a "zero sum game," which means that one person, community or country cannot benefit without the suffering of others. While that may or may not be true, suffering seems to be an inherent part of our human experience. Imagine if we had nothing but goodness, how much meaning would we get out of life? The same is true for having too much suffering. It seems that for us to be the best as individuals, we are TEMPERED by the good and the bad, like a sword being forged; it gets stronger and sharper and more resilient during the forging process. Without challenge, we have no occassion to rise to. So, perhaps, if anything, there needs to be suffering, challenge and conflict to bring out the best in us...? If this grand universe is the ultimate story, what is any story without conflict (man vs nature; man vs man; man vs himself)?

Originally posted by withallmylove
..if my assumptions were true ,there is a Godlike version of everyone of us and maybe he did create all the other versions...purpose??...what would you do if you would perfectly know which decision is good and which one bad?..like seeing black and white....wouldnt you than invent colours???..
...maybe thats what we are..colours..beautiful deviations from a rigid black and white world..

Very intriguing. Sure, if you just imagined it, then there is, according to the Infinite Earths Theory, such a place with such people. Thought provoking!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There is nothing in Quantum Theory about thought (that can affect the universe). Nice text but u lost me with TPTB and whole MSM conspiracy.

However there was an interesting article in 2009:

discovermagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is very thought provoking to say the least but let me take it up a notch. Lets say this is true and Professor Kaku says it is. So now that I have an infinite number of different versions of myself in an infinite number of universes, am I the sole owner of a soul, assuming we do have one? Hmmmmm.....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

For those most interested in this topic and Quantum Mechanics, I would recommend the wonderful book, "Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. I've read many a book and research paper on the topic and his book is, hands down, the best.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absorbere
Hi All, Interesting OP, however has anyone flagged the fact that Schrödinger devised his "Cat" thought experiment in order to prove how absurd some interpretations of quantum physics are? He was trying to show that the cat cannot be both alive and dead at the same time, it is one or the other.

And that is the beauty of it all. Just last year, or earlier this year, scientists devised an experiment that proved that a particle can exist in two states at one time, a state known as "superposition" I believe. --The state that Einstein said the famoust cat existed in: both alive and dead until someone opened the box and forced the universe to select an outcome. Superposition was also proven to exist in the classic 2-slit experiment, in which photons went through BOTH slits when left unobserved (the universe was not forced to choose an outcome). However, when observed, the photons went through one or the other slit, as evidenced by the spatter pattern on the photon sensor pad at the other end of the experiment. So, Schrodinger came up with an example that ended up proving, not disproving the bizarre nature of the quantum world.

...my own choices today are almost infinite, and although I am "herded" towards a more limited number of choices by circumstance, morality, needs etc this doesn't mean that my life's choices have already been made for me, this is a very fatalistic point of view and begs the question "Why bother at all?"

You are right. TPTB are trying to keep people from recognizing this grand power of Decision, of Intention, of knowing that what we send out we get back amplified. We are being "herded," like you say. To what purpose, I don't know. Perhaps it is as simple as their desire to retain POWER. Power is a big motivator. As far as "Why bother at all?" Well, I do believe in free will. I believe that our will is SO FREE that if we imagine we don't have free will then it will vanish ---for that person. And to relinquish the power of free will might mean that someone else gathers it; remember the Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy: energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it merely changes states, or something to that effect. So, by relinquishing free will and the power/energy associated with it, perhaps others can feed off of this "freed" energy. Maybe "power" literally translates into POWER for TPTB. So, why bother? To harness what the universe intended us to use and employ to make our lives the best we can make them. For some reason, we seem to be at our best when we are using the power of good decision making and backing it up with effort. We start a new branch on that oak tree of decisions that sets into motion a chain of events and interactions that benefits us and the world. That's my take on the reason to continue using positive forces. TPTB have tricked so many people into believing there is no free will, only to potentially gather and employ that relinquised authority over even more people. Truly insidious if it is the case.

You should also ask at what point is a new divergence created? If you think it's a simple 3 choice question of whether you drink tea, coffee or water with your lunch then you aren't thinking it through, what about the infinite other choices? perhaps a mixture of tea and coffee, or nothing, or what about throwing the stuff on the floor, or over someone, or leaving the room, shouting for beer.....everything you can conceive as a reaction to any given situation creates a divergence....it would seem that at every single moment in time another multitude of instances would be created, and that's just for humans...are animals and the forces of nature included in this theory?

Yes. EVERYTHING creates a new universe. As in the oak, some branches are bigger. Some are sub-branches. Some are twigs. Some are leaves. In kind, some decisions will make more of an impact, more of a distinct universe. For example, say in one universe you ordered that coffee. It was 145 degrees F. In another universe, the waitress let it sit on the counter an additional few seconds, and it cooled to 144.8 degrees F. Two universes, yet otherwise identical. We wouldn't notice the difference. There must be an infinite amount of these VERY CLOSE universes that would seem identical to the unknowing eye. But, say the waitress spills the coffee on you. Suddenly, you have 144.8 degrees of hot coffee on your crotch! Divergent universe. You react, get burned, perhaps and are sore for a few days, walk funny, give a bad first impression at that job interview you were headed to... You don't get hired. Now, we have two distinct universes: one in which you retain your current job as a postal worker, and the other where you got the new job as a computer programmer at an up-and-coming firm which eventually leads to you meeting the person of your dreams and starting a family in which one child becomes President in 45 years. Very dramatic. So, some decisions and choices are like big branches, others are leaves. It's POWERFUL, the power of good decision making.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife

By the time you are an adult, there would be thousands upon thousands of these "branch" universes, correct?

I would venture to say that there would probably be an infinite amount of universes, not just thousands (upon thousands). Think about not only the major decisions (buying a car, getting a job, etc.), but also the minor decisions, such as whether you scratch an itch or whether to twiddle your thumbs at a certain time.

So is there a chance that at one point, multiple universes could collide? Like when the branches of that oak tree twist and grow into each other? Wouldn't that possibility in turn create dimensional/reality issues?

This could account for certain anomalies such as de ja vu as well as all the stories of "time slips" mentioned so often here on ATS and elsewhere.

All in all though, this theory is highly unfalsifiable, as mentioned by other members. Still, though, it's fascinating to think about. There are some things that are just unfathomable, and this is definitely one of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Also, something to think about. If this theory is true, then would there be an alternate reality where the Big Bang (or whatever created the universe) failed to occur? On second thought, maybe time and dimensions were created when the universe was formed.

Damn, this theory is awesome but annoying.
So many questions, and no way to answer them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have to agree with the OP.

My question is, and apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere in the thread, is that if this is all possible, can we cross over into these other realities, and remain in them for any legnth of time? Moreover, can we cross into someone elses alternate reality, and remain within, for any given time, altering any choices we would ordinarily make ?

Oh and quick word to those on free will being non-exsistent....You ever been shopping and made a decision on an new outfit ? That would be free will, and choice, Iwent out and had a clothing haul today, wonder what wonderful new web of reality can be weaved from the choices of colours, and garments that I picked out ?

S+F OP big thumbs up

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You just blew my mind.

In another universe, I wrote a second line.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Ali3nAlly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"You have died. You are dead. You will continue to die."

Damnit, are you guy who keeps camping on black ops?!

Looks like someone found that book "The Secret" and actually thought it was secret.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If this is true, and I believe it is not, then their are so many alternate universes out there you couldn't fathom it in a post.

There are no facts to substantiate this claim. Your merely grasping at straws to say the very least.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
This is very thought provoking to say the least but let me take it up a notch. Lets say this is true and Professor Kaku says it is. So now that I have an infinite number of different versions of myself in an infinite number of universes, am I the sole owner of a soul, assuming we do have one? Hmmmmm.....

Very good question. I believe someone asked a similar one in an earlier posting. There is the precise moment that a particular sperm fertilizes a particular egg. The first time it happens, YOU are brought into existence. Sure, in another universe, the sperm might have taken a micro-second longer to get there and fertilizes the egg slightly later (again, now a different universe) BUT I am speaking of the **FIRST** instance of insemination. When that happens, YOU are born, soul and all. Any later versions of this same insemination involving this particular sperm and this particular egg are but new versions of you.

From insemination, many factors can change: mother's diet, radiation, neutrinos passing through you, etc. Each of those: new versions of you in new universes. As your embryo goes through cellular growth by cell division, so does your multi-dimensional soul... with each new universe, you develop another FACET to your soul. Eventually, we cast pretty big "soul nets." That's my take on it anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join