It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have died. You are dead. You will continue to die.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
good post.

I have been thinking a lot about this lately and I pieced the information together much like the OP and came to a similar conclusion. I had a few questions in my head though once I read up on Quantum Mechanics, String Theory, Holographic Universe and Fractal Geometry.

I tied quantum theory into fractal geometry and holographic Universe theory much as your tree analogy. In fractal geometry, trees grow and stem out in the same pattern or shape as the original tree form. In other words, the pattern of the branches are all the same when you really look close. So therefore, if a holographic universe is true and we are a projection, then the best way to store mass information is to repeat it. Computer engineers turned the fractal theory to animation where they could for example, repeat the animation of a droplet of water hundreds of thousands of times to create a waterfall. All from one drop you repeat the information to create a unique thing while using less processing power and space. And the resulting image looks 100% natural.

If the universe was holographic, perhaps the repetitious geometry of nature is further proof.

My second thought was if multiple universes are created by decision, then if we ascend to another place upon death, then wouldn't we all arrive in "heaven" at the same time?

They say after death there is no time as it is an illusion. We are supposed to see people we know but I think if time is an illusion then the great mystery of death is that we all arrive at the same time, irrespective of when in our timeline we died.

Just my thoughts but it is nicer to logically process these possibilities than to come to the realization that we are here and gone forever.

good thought provoking post you did OP, well done.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I love the title of this thread! Creepy in a good, Phil Dickian way.

I agree with the basic premise as well on one level. From another perspective I sense that while the infinity at the heart of this notion does indeed allow, and even argue for a multiverse of branching decision-based possibility-worlds, it also on a deeper level implies the essential non-existence of the phenomenal world.

I probably can't get any deeper into that at the moment. I've really enjoyed this thread. My head hurts.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Anyone ever read "Vasistha's Yoga"?

Someone else commented earlier about many ancient works containing theories that scientists today are just now catching up with. Even Einstein's E=MC2 was well known long before he came up with an equation for it. "Vasistha's Yoga" is a prime example of the illusions of space, time and dimensions. Everything we think we experience exists only in our imaginations.

Conciousness is the screen on which all these various manifestations are played out. Once you realize the truth, you are able to exist in any of these realms at will. If you are not aware of this, you will believe that your conciousness has changed, but if you know the reality on which these interplays are based, your conciousness will be the same.

Paramahamsa Yogananda once commented in a state of rapture, that he could see universe's appearing and disappearing just like little soap bubbles in the space around him. A thousand years in an alternate reality could pass as a fleeting moment in another one, or vice versa. Space has no meaning as it exists within the realm of one true conciousness of which we are only sparks or parts, similar to what is revealed in Kabbalah.

Because time, as we know it, has already happened within this vast ocean of consciousness, it appears as though the future can be told, deja vu can be possible, free will appear to exist and yet seem to be inevitable actions already predetermined.

Is the world you woke up in this morning, really the world you lived in yesterday?

The answer to the puzzle should be obvious by now!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

this is very close to the truth..i only have one question,if every possibility exists than there is even a universe where all this is a well known fact,so we all know about the other universes,why dont we chose to put an end to all the Bad Choices Universes so we end suffering?..we cannot??..we chose not to?..what is the purpose of letting it go on?
i mean...i would definitely help out all the other Me s out there if i could ,and all the other You s also..could this be what we pray for?could this Perfect Choice Universal Me be God?..sorry if im not making any sense but this type of thoughts usually dont make sense

if my assumptions were true ,there is a Godlike version of everyone of us and maybe he did create all the other versions...purpose??...what would you do if you would perfectly know which decision is good and which one bad?..like seeing black and white....wouldnt you than invent colours???..
...maybe thats what we are..colours..beautiful deviations from a rigid black and white world..
oh ..and why not: you have lived,you are living and you shall continue living forever?...

edit on 1-6-2011 by withallmylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

sad thought

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Let me fix that for you:

I have lived. I live. I will continue to live in eternity.
edit on 1-6-2011 by opnmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hi All, Interesting OP, however has anyone flagged the fact that Schrödinger devised his "Cat" thought experiment in order to prove how absurd some interpretations of quantum physics are? He was trying to show that the cat cannot be both alive and dead at the same time, it is one or the other. I'm no expert in quantum physics...at all....but it seems unlikely (I know this doesn't mean impossible) that divergent universes are created at decision junctures...I mean it begins to boggle the mind just thinking about 1 persons lifetime of choices let alone the population of a country or the planet etc...my own choices today are almost infinite, and although I am "herded" towards a more limited number of choices by circumstance, morality, needs etc this doesn't mean that my life's choices have already been made for me, this is a very fatalistic point of view and begs the question "Why bother at all?". You should also ask at what point is a new divergence created? If you think it's a simple 3 choice question of whether you drink tea, coffee or water with your lunch then you aren't thinking it through, what about the infinite other choices? perhaps a mixture of tea and coffee, or nothing, or what about throwing the stuff on the floor, or over someone, or leaving the room, shouting for beer.....everything you can conceive as a reaction to any given situation creates a divergence....it would seem that at every single moment in time another multitude of instances would be created, and that's just for humans...are animals and the forces of nature included in this theory?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Umm.. but what is the conspiracy you mentioned? These are ideas I've known about and considered since I was in like seventh grade.

Also if it was discovered that the theory was correct it would still have to be defined. You likely wouldn't have died every way imaginable because none of your life decisions may have been capable of leading you to that place. It's all subjective. And with things like wars and elections are even more unlikely unless the alternate relies on some parallel. At some point it seems it wouldn't be stable.

I believe this stuff is possible, but eh it's just thought exercise.To be or not to be.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
decision accompanied with action

excellent post

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Good post, Tho Quantum Physics is a little out of my realm of knowledge. However, It did sort of remind me of the theory of "The Secret".

Anyhow, Im mainly replying to let you know, the tree in the picture of your post is named Angel Oak. Its not far from my house. Towering over 65 feet high, the Angel Oak has shaded John's Island, South Carolina, for over 1400 years, and would have sprouted 1000 years before Columbus' arrival in the New World.

Recorded history traces the ownership of the live oak and surrounding land, back to the year 1717 when Abraham Waight received it as part of a small land grant. The tree stayed in the Waight family for four generations, and was part of a Marriage Settlement to Justus Angel and Martha Waight Tucker Angel.

Today the live oak has a diameter of spread reaching 160 feet, a circumference of nearly 25 feet, and covers 17,100 square feet of ground.

Just a little trivia for everyone.
Enjoy
edit on 03/07/2011 by delionqueen1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Bear with me a sec, and I'll try to make this question make sense.

This theory seems to suggest that everything, every decision, etc. "branches" from a single point to an ever growing number of paths...thereby...expanding. But couldn't the reverse be true that instead of expanding, these choices are actually narrowing from many beginning branches, down to a single point? And that single point being either the end of the universe, the end of the world or Heaven? And if that is a possibility, then the "conspiracy" is our being manipulated down to that point (where ever it may end up) by other's?

Couldn't it not be our decisions, but the available choices...the wide spread branches...that are the beginning, and the end be where all our discarded choices terminate? Then, when all our choices, everyone's choices, end...we have concluded our "journey"...all in the same place, all with the same final choice, all in "harmony"...or as some call it...Heaven? Kind of a reverse tree, beginning from nothing in the sky with every choice available to us, down to the root where it all concludes.

Then...getting back to the conspiracy question, WHERE we terminate could be being manipulated for some reason?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
pondering infinite parallel universes has always made me wonder if having dreams is really just viewing one of these alternate realities, kind of like we are our consciousness and our body is the avatar. Some dreams seem so real, and some dreams I have even died in (falling off a building, with full range of thought/adrenaline/emotion during the fall as if it was real) only to awake back here after a short pause of nothingness after impact, which makes me wonder if that happens when you die.

Guess we will never know

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You know what else brings us into a better future? Instead of thinking of asinine stuff such as this, how about making a stop to smell the flowers, go sit outside and marvel at nature. Don't think, just do, live life and cherish it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by abaraikenshi

Dont think???....you make me laugh!! really!..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
For those who do not believe in free will I will have to disagree with them. Similar to the slit experiment, because the scientists expected structured behavior, that's what they got. When they were not there, it was random. This equates to us being in different states in which we do not get influenced by our previous experiences. Case in point: if you get drunk, or take a mind altering drug you are no longer in an expected state, similar to the scientists leaving. You past experiences do not factor into your decision because your mind does not use them. In your altered states your decision is based on the present and what you see as right for the given situation. Had you been in your right mind your decision would have been different.

Some time ago a book was written called The Power Of Positive Thinking. It has been proven time and again that if you believe strongly enough in something, it will happen. This validates the OP's position and also quantifies the theory. To change your status, you must think and BELIEVE you can. If you face yourself in the mirror every day and tell yourself you are successful, and believe it, in time you will be because you have told your subconscious self to do so. So if you would have normally selected the left slit, by believing you should be going through the right one, in time you will. But if your mind keeps falling into an altered state then you can no longer influence which slit you go through.

Make sense?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In order of knowing how the elites themselves create their own realities, to know their true secrets

you might want to listen to - Your Wish Is Your Command

its actually the best thing on conscience creation, law of attraction or whatever you want to call it, out there, it has definitely changed my life tremendously, it actually makes sense and it gives you the specific how-to's of how to manifest your reality

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Actually at least 3 *3 with various combinations of three answers. Then you have all the combinations of two answers taken from the three. Then 3 single answers, 1 version of each of those with no fourth line with a 4th line opposite to the one you wrote , one 4th line as you wrote and also one in which you didnot reply at and all the combinations of the above and then some. Happy dimension counting lol

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

I somewhat agree with you here. I always wondered if the stories of Buddah living many lifetimes was a metaphor, for being able to exert control on his own past. Imagine you could go back and change an event, just by meditating on it. If you were able to relive your own life, over and over and over, perfecting it, one could say they lived many lifetimes. Not to mention that would leave your Karma pretty clear. Anyway thats just a thought that sprung into my head when I heard about quantum super-positioning, since tachyons move so fast they can move backwards in time. And if we can control photons with our thoughts, Double-slit experiment, why not other particles. I am aware that the theory relies more on the uncertainty principal than anything else, or even Infinite Monkey Theory however its an interesting thought nonetheless.
edit on 1-6-2011 by JunoJive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You must remember that theory is merely a hint of true reality. Science is a mere glimmer in reflection. Ultimately, we have the full answer within the pages of the Bible.

Hebrews 11:3 says, "By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."

1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning (TIME), God created the heavens (SPACE) and the earth (Matter)." Then he said, Fiat Lux (Let there be light!). Light is energy.

In John 1, we learn that this Light of God was accompanied by the Word which created everything. The Word was God and is the Logos of Christ. The WORD is a wave. In particle physics, this wave is the force that is associated with every particle. All particles have an associated wave and are responsible for creating everything you see. The fourth dimension is set in motion one direction. Choices you make can only create a localized field of change. In essence, you create your own unique story within the play that is already set from beginning to end by God. It is the great symphony that is written by God and performed by men.

Take a look at what you really control. Do you activate the cones and rods in your eyes to see? Do you make your hair grow? Do you unfold your body from the seed and egg? Do you make the sun shine? Do you make the world turn round? No. These are set in motion by a choice other than yours. This is set and represents a fixed destiny. Your choices, however, create your unique performance within this set destiny.

LINK

“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out; a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” Victor Frankl

edit on 1-6-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Hey I read your post, and found it thought provoking. Though I don't really have a side on this, several ideas did come to me from reading this. Keep in mind I'm not trying to discredit the theory, but rather throw out some questions.

According to this theory we should conduct ourselves wisely and attempt to make the right decisions in the universe we are in. However, on the other hand what is the point of trying to do the right thing and make the right decisions in this universe if we are going to do these things in an alternate universe either way. For example why shouldn't I mug the old lady standing at the corner rather than help her cross the street. In an alternate universe I help the lady cross the street , but I get ran over instead. In an alternate universe the old lady standing on the corner mugs me. My point being that the more good deeds that I perform here, the bigger prick I am in an alternate universe. If this was to be the case it would mean no God wouldn't it? A creator perhaps, but not the Judge that we expect at the end of our lives. How can we be judged if we alternate decisions throughout infinite universes? Or is there a God for each one of these universes?

Now here is where I can sort of except this theory: look at "Fate" and "Deja-Vu"
We desribe it being fate when we find there is too much of a coincidence for something happening. If I was in a serious relationship several years ago, and it ended, she moved to one side of the country and I to the other. I decide to take a road trip to somewhere neither of us had ever been, say Wyoming (who takes a trip to Wyoming? haha) I pull off somewhere down some dirt road to get a bite to eat, and guess who's eating at the table behind me- the same girl that I was in a relationship with several years ago. Now, most people would call this fate, but it could also coincide with your theory. In alternate universes I took this road trip every single day, went to a different destination each time, and possibly saw a different ex girlfriend each time. These events just so happen to be, because every other single possibility has already occured in alternate universes resulting in this hypothetical situation being the only one that is left.

Deja-vu is kinda the same if you think about it. Deja- vu is descibed when we feel that we have been in a circumstance with the same surrounding cast and or objects. So we have infinite universes with infinite roads to go down with infinite decisions that are made. What if some of these roads have "U-turns" giving us subconcious second chances and do overs, resulting in whatt we feel as deja-vu.

Nice post

edit on 1-6-2011 by StonerThoughts because: grammer error

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join