It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landslides and floods are happening in Fukushima...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Tweet from PR officer at Japan Red Cross: “Landslides and floods are happening in Fukushima” — “Tokyo is crystal clear”

Tokyo is crystal clear now. But landslides and floods are happening in Fukushima. Some family living near the mountains have to evacuate.

Source: enenews.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Hello there!! to my knowlege the landslides and floods that were reported today were in an area called miyagi. it says fukushima is 76 km away from these landslides. just thought i'd pop this up here as well, don't know if the op's source is misinformed or if there have been multiple mudslides and such today!! btw no judgement or bad vibes of any kind intented, just trying to find the right info, if there is any additional info on landslides in fukushima please let me know, i'm watching this one!!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by essjay

What do you mean by Fukushima?
The city, or the prefecture?
Just like "New York" is a city in the much larger state of "New York", Fukushima is a capital in the much larger prefecture of Fukushima.

And that capital is not really close at all to the nuclear plant which is referred to as the Fukushima disaster, here's a map, Fukushima city is NW of the fallout zone:

edit on 1-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ahh, thanks for the education on that, I didn't know Fukushima was like what we call a county here in the uk. From what I can gather from the website Miyagi is also a prefecture and it also says the Fukushima power plant is about 60km away from where the landslides were, so yes it was pretty close but not in fukushima, the city or the prefecture, miyagi is further north. unless of course as I said before there were additional mudslides and floods in this area.

peace x

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by essjay
Ahh, thanks for the education on that, I didn't know Fukushima was like what we call a county here in the uk. From what I can gather from the website Miyagi is also a prefecture and it also says the Fukushima power plant is about 60km away from where the landslides were, so yes it was pretty close but not in Fukushima, the city or the prefecture, miyagi is further north.
It can't be much further north, it must be a stone's throw away. So we agree it's pretty close.

Look at the location of Fukushima city, it's also 60km away from the the Fukushima power plant, the map I posted shows a 60 km radius line and it's right there. And it's practically in the same direction, North mostly, and a little to the West. So my take is, if it's happening in Southern Miyagi prefecture 60km from the nuclear plant, it's also happening in the Northern Fukushima prefecture on the other side of the prefecture border 60 km from the nuclear plant, so I think it's probably the same general area which straddles the county or prefecture border.

new topics

top topics

join