It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Find Most ATSers Annoying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There are some seriously annoying know it alls on ATS, that have some serious narcissistic tendencies that the moderators really need to have a look into.

It seems they're in nearly every thread trolling for attention and seriously causing members unhappiness because of their trolling activities. it even draws in the rest of the trolls to gang up on people the lead trolls are abusing, like a troll free for all.

I like certain aspects of ATS, but this trolling clan thing is really getting on my nerves, but i suppose with anything or anywhere in life, there's always going to be imperfections and annoying people. its just too bad they work in droves lurking at every corner at ATS

DENY TROLLS

and you're not john lithgow

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

That coming from a member that made recently a thread about "chemtrails", without providing photos or any sort of residual content to complete the thread, those statements are a bit of a stretch.

Before demanding respect from others, how about giving it beforehand?
edit on 31/5/11 by Tifozi because: typo

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
reply to post by Tifozi

how about you go back and look at the photos i posted troll

Ahhhh, anyone who disagrees is a "troll." I see....................

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

My first response was to tell you that maybe you are annoyed because people have different opinions. That maybe, just maybe, you should learn about respect before creating a thread whining about how other members are annoying.

People are people. I don't like a lot of them, some I do. But I've to respect them all the times. And I actually praise a world where people have different opinions.

However, I don't tolerate when people act like an azz just because their beliefs are put into check with a nice dose of "reality".

Like I said, learn how to respect before demanding it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Growing trend as of late around these parts

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by anumohi
reply to post by Tifozi

how about you go back and look at the photos i posted troll

no, just people who have to continuously force their opinion on someone else, like they know it all and anyone that doesn't except it is going to have to suffer their persistence and TROLLING

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yeah it is kinda clique-y and some folks are quite rude about their posting and get away with it. It is my impression newer members are usually considered total NOOBs by there lack of being on ATS already. I do get interesting factoids and thought provoking reading here and was able to spread the word about a very real and very serious issue facing all in logging country
quiet genocide

So in all I will tolerate some of the pecking order politics for the use of the venue.Nothing is perfect and there are no perfect people so say-la-vee, no?, moan-a-me?
seed

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Actually, most ATSers are really good people who have been pushed to the limit by a society that shuns question marks. They tell us that the only dumb questions are the ones not asked, then label and alienate us for asking them. Then they clutch their hands around our throats and say "Trust us; we know what's best for you." All the while their poisoning our water and food sources, etc. This is my opinion of the majority of the group. The other part, who can't check their anger or their baby bottles at the door, are most annoying and probably just need to find a good video game...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Talk about what bugs you all you want, but personal attacks against each other are going to be deleted.

Carry on...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

People who have an opinion and defend it, are the ones that make ATS work. However, those are usually the same type of people who are open to changes, who accept suggestions, and are even able to refute their own opinions after debate.

What I find annoying, are the ones who constantly play the victim card, calling others who disagree with them "trolls", just because they lack the arguments to refuse others opinion or point of view.

If you have reason on your side, you don't feel the need to call others "trolls". Just saying...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by anumohi

People who have an opinion and defend it, are the ones that make ATS work. However, those are usually the same type of people who are open to changes, who accept suggestions, and are even able to refute their own opinions after debate.

What I find annoying, are the ones who constantly play the victim card, calling others who disagree with them "trolls", just because they lack the arguments to refuse others opinion or point of view.

If you have reason on your side, you don't feel the need to call others "trolls". Just saying...

lets use the chemtrail issue. it doesn't matter how many threads are posted the same people are on every thread voicing the same opinion they've voiced like a broken record until it drowns out the OP and other posters..they must be heard because there can be no other way.

how does that make you feel? do you appreciate people that come in and take over your OP with a bunch of forced negativity???

it doesn't even matter whether its true or not, what gives anyone this right????

you make your point then move along

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
WE all get very annoyed at something someone says. AND especially if its a thread that you really like and a subject that is most interesting to you. Something that you want to believe or do believe and know its true, but can't back it up with facts.
You got your negative and positive responses going all the time. If you know who is going to give a negative post, to some topic that you would like to see continue, then just ignore them and keep going. But ..you have got to remember good science is always a way of getting your point across to your opposition. Good science can really derail a thread .If it doesn't make sense then, you are definitely in for some bashing.
I am a believer that thinks Alien life is possible and like the threads on these. No...I am not happy many times when I see the opposition come in and kill a thread very early. I don't have any scientific data that backs up my belief, so I am not able to really defend what I believe could be true.Although, I am an amateur astronomer and I love astronomy, that doesn't make what I believe any easier. If anything..it makes it even harder to prove.
But ..I will stick with my belief until the data says ....No..it is not possible.

I think my signature says it all.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think most people on here are nice in general. There are some opinionated ones, some more so than others, but I like hearing different ideas. I think the mods do a great job monitoring the obvious trolls. So it makes this site, a nice place to visit.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

it doesn't matter how many threads are posted the same people are on every thread voicing the same opinion they've voiced like a broken record until it drowns out the OP and other posters..

I'm sorry, are you talking about the chemtrailers, or the debunkers? Because you just said what chemtrailers do all the time. Everytime a thread is debunked, another one pops up ignoring the previous debunking and real data given.

how does that make you feel? do you appreciate people that come in and take over your OP with a bunch of forced negativity???

I don't feel anything on ATS. That's the main problem with people like yourself. You confuse feelings with arguments, and you let it get personal.

When I don't want to read something, I don't read it, much less reply to it. And that's the general rule around ATS.

However, the people who you point fingers to, actually love ATS, provably even more than you and me. That's why THEY find it annoying, that after debunking the same subject over and over again, someone starts ANOTHER thread stating exactly the SAME THING, ignoring everything that was said before.

People don't use forced negativity. I give you that sometimes people are too harsh and might treat you like they have treated others. But if people would care to submerge in ATS culture, and actually do a little of research before posting anything that pops to mind, or "looks like it", this could be avoided.

They just refute theories, and most people can't handle that. So they name them "trolls", and their actions as "forced negativity".

it doesn't even matter whether its true or not, what gives anyone this right????

you make your point then move along

Yes, it does matter if it's true or not. ATS motto is, apparently, "Deny ignorance"... Promoting it(the ignorance), by repeating threads/subjects done to death, especially the debunked ones, just makes it worst for everyone.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
the thing was i had posted an observation, and before i even got out the OP the trolls were right on top of me calling me nuts and they could prove everything i said was BS, and it was only just an observation, i wasn't even making it a debate.
but they sure as hell took it to another level and are still arguing in my thread

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

the thing was i had posted an observation, and before i even got out the OP the trolls were right on top of me calling me nuts and they could prove everything i said was BS

Provably because you were taking your own conclusions, stating something as a fact without providing any evidence of some sort. You just looked at the sky, saw some contrails, and called them chemtrails and even saying that they were responsible for the rising in temperatures and whatnot.

Just to show you how ridiculous those statements were, in the 9/11, when the air traffic was stopped, air temperatures went up, not down.

The matter of fact, is that the people who you are still calling "trolls" have knowledge about weather and aviation. And while they DO have proof of what they say, you have none.

Yet, they are the annoying ones, and you are the rightful one...

and it was only just an observation, i wasn't even making it a debate

If you want to post an observation, use your twitter or facebook. ATS is a forum FOR DEBATES.

but they sure as hell took it to another level and are still arguing in my thread

Yes, that usually happens around a public forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join