It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800 TONS of DEAD FISH NEAR TAAL LAKE, PHILIPPINES !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

TALISAY, Philippines (AP) — More than 800 tons of fish have died and rotted on fish farms in a lake near Taal volcano south of Manila, with authorities blaming it on a sudden temperature drop.
The massive fish deaths started late last week but have eased. Officials have banned the sale of the rotting fish, which are being buried by the truckload in Talisay and three other towns in Batangas province, Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources official Rose del Mundo said Sunday.

More than 400 tons of milkfish have died in Talisay alone since Friday in 84 out of about 1,000 fish pens — lake areas about half the size of a basketball court that are fenced off by bamboo poles and nets. Damage has been estimated at $770,000 (33 million pesos), Mendoza said. About 400 tons more have died in the other towns.

Source: www.chinapost.com.tw...

To me the very bad thing is that people raise and keep fish in this ponds and lakes. 800 tons of dead fish, there must be more fish then water. Fish farms in volcanic lakes, this implicates that the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic officers and all people involved must know somehow that gases or unexpected fluctuations temperature may occur. Still they raise fish and calculate the mass dying of fish in their business concept.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Already posted here.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Three days too late but thanks anyway!

Edit: As above, Looks like i'm too late also! My apologies.
edit on 31/5/11 by logicalview because: Too quick to judge!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy>snip<
800 tons of dead fish, there must be more fish then water.
>snip

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm hungry now

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

yummy yummy bloated and rotting fish

top topics

join