It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels Under My House/City (England, Liverpool)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

I've been doing a little digging, and so far can't find much.

But I did find this map....is it a complete map and does it cover the area under your home? I'll bet this is just the tourist spots open to the public. Sounds like many are off limits.

Link

This site has a ton of neat information:

We were in a nightmare maze of constructed tunnels and caves. Nobody knows their extent.” and then the structures under Williamson’s house: “They are grotesque beyond description; words fail to give an adequate idea of their appearance. Dungeons carved out of the solid rock, with no light and no ventilation, the only access being through a heavy wooden door, vaults with a roof of four arches meeting in the centre in a manner that present-day builders would not think of attempting; monstrous wine bins with many stone partitions for enormous quantities of bottles; massive erections of masonry and stone benches - all apparently without the slightest objective or motive.”

edit on 31-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add content

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Star and Flag OP!

Edit delete.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: Removing personal info.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by woodwytch

The order of the knights templar was officially "terminated" in 1312. Some were killed, some merged into other orders like the hospitallers (these which took the templar's assets) and others turned into "new orders" like the portuguese order of the knights of christ (or order of christ as you wish).

So the church is "post-templar" dissolution. Of course... some say it continued. And they did, altho under other names but not "templars".

Hey there FS,

Thanks for that ... I'm pretty clued on the history of the Templar ... it was just the dates that I was unsure of ... the 1300's rang a bell I guess it was because of the termination though.

I have a bit of a fascination for Templar history ... there are still so many 'unknowns' involved.

Woody

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Most interesting thread I have seen for a long time.

Star and flag!!

I hope one day some rich guy decides to fund an excavation and they can dig out the tunnels filled with rubble...

OK, so I went to that site, Friends of Williamson's Tunnels (who are excavating the tunnels!!). What a fascinating site.
edit on 31-5-2011 by SerialLurker because: More to post!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Have you considered that this tunnel could lead to the jam-butty mines?
i wonder how many reading this will end up googling a picture of Ken Dodd?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Anything you wish to discuss regarding the (in)famous templar order, ask away
I'll answer every question if I can

Yes there are many "unknowns" like you said... but no matter how much you dig you always hit a steel wall... and believe me I even had issues with the vatican

But nice to see someone interested in such subjects... sometimes I think history is dead.

I didnt mean to correct you or anything with my post tho... I was just stating those dates cause you said you werent sure and taking into account the date, nothing points to it being tied to the knights templar.

But... hey, there are 9 "official" crusades and lots of "minor" ones and a few more monastic orders for you to play around with dates hehe

I personally am a fan of the teutonic order

Take care

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
How cool.
All I have are train rails under my house, leftover from the train that was used to bring in the building materials for the estate, just after the war. Always wondered if the rails can transmit sound or EMFs.

I think you are both lucky and unlucky.
Lucky because when the satellites or meteorites start falling you can use them to save yourself. (Everyone should know where their nearest caves and tunnels are.)
Unlucky because the tunnel-dwellers may be connected to your tunnels, and that is not lucky.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This thread sparked some interest in where I live.

I live a town over from Hertford, which is said to have tunnels underneath the entire town, some stretching out to neighbouring towns.

Here comes the interesting part.

Many Templar Knights retired to Hertford, and there are still many 'knights' who live in the town(descendants).

A few of the tunnels are still opened, some of which lead out from the castle in the middle of town and some people have even come forward to claim that there are many sealed tunnels that contain treasures, possibly even the holy grail.

The tunnels are even said to be meeting places for secret societies such as the illuminati.

Apparently 'there are many things we are able to reveal and many we are not'.

All seems a bit far fetched but also wants to make me find out more.

Thanks for this thread OP, its left me with some interesting info about my local area.
edit on 31/5/2011 by splittheatom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Star and flag. I find these topics fascinating. Look forward to reading any further findings. My dad comes from Liverpool and migrated to Australia in 1964 so I will ask if he heard any stories before he left the area and post here if that may help you.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
wouldn't it be cool if there were hidden exerts in the tunnels that could be used as 'cubby holes' for some left overs of the Templar order, the possible ramifications for history if you think about it would be amazing.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Liverpool has a long Catholic history so the tunnels are logical, espically because so many of the churches with the underground tunnels also have priest's hiding holes were they would hide inside the churches which supports the idea for the underground tunnels. I seen you mentioned about the school Alsop, alot of the schools around Liverpool have them, St George Of Eng. (my school) has tunnels underneath it leading from the school to the cemetary next to it, because it used to be a hospital, alot of them are easily explained.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Dear R3N3G4D3

As a resident of Liverpool for 45 years or so, I had never heard of these tunnels until overseas and was watching a documentary.

In witch it started that the tunnels lead down to the docks and may have been connect to contraband. Interestingly enough one is under a neighbor’s garage in Kensington which I doubt he has any idea of.

As there is something like 400 years between the church and the Williamson tunnels I think it may only be a coincidence that they meet.

As some wise folk on here always say follow the money.

edit on 31-5-2011 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
very cool thread
star n flag nice to see 28 days later link aswell
wish we had tunnels near me... i live in grimsby uk. there is meant to be an underground bunker under the town hall but dont know how true this is ( prob just hear say, but you never know). there is meant to be tunnels in nunsthorpe but again dont know how true this is. op you should have a look around the tunnels you know of and see if you can find any cut off ones from there. try google maps to see if you can see anything around the aera you live. looking forward to reading more

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Hey there FS,

History is my passion (can't get enough) and please know that I wasn't offended in any way by your comments ... as you said I was unsure of the dates so I thank-you for that.

I may well take you up on your offer for Templar information, as I'm guessing from your avatar pic that you might well have the answers to some queries I have had concerning links between the Templar and the Hashishini during the 3rd (?) crusade ... and the Fort of Nimroy nr Damascus.

But this is probably not the time or the place

However, back on topic as far as the tunnels mentioned by the OP are concerned ... I personally would have to research everything I could and follow any leads found from know history ... that might lead to some lesser known history of Liverpool ... that might involve use and purpose of these tunnels.

And knowing that one might run directly under my house ... he!! I'd have a pickaxe out before you could say 'secret history'.

Woody

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Very interesting story, i totally want to drive down there right and explore them. Reminds me of a network of tunnels under our house too from anhydrite mining... there is a network stretching across the while town. Some.pictures are at this local news site www.gazettelive.co.uk...

If i had the gear to go down it would be amazing but i think its like 200ft :-(

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well it never ceases to amaze me that I tend to find the most interesting topics that bring up visions I've had from encountering weird spirits and or entities in real life. Sad to say this reminds me of a vision I had with an ATSer I was talking to. I had a vision of a long wooden mahogany table with a picture above it of a Japenese woman holding a fan and in the other hand a rose. Beside it there was a small vent and through this vent there were a series of tunnels most of which if you went left right left right as the blue spirit in my vision showed me you would get lost instantly. Well at the end of all the tunnels I went through there was a large opening cavern. Inside this cavern there were waterfalls and the likes of which I can't describe but it was beautiful. At the top of this long stone stairway with a huge waterfall running down behind it there was a long sword that appeared to look like the flames of a phoenix... it was bright white and its base was inlaid in gold and this spirit said it was meant to be mine. ((I'd like to point out that when I also had this vision there was infront of me in real life a bluish transparent figure that scared me to # and back again.)) Well... dunno if this has to do with your tunnels but it sure brought that vision back to mind. Now back to work for me. Take care....
edit on 1-6-2011 by Rishiana because: More info needed

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ok Sorry I haven't replied to all of you but this is just a quick message THERE AFTER ME!!!

naw I'm joking lol, didn't you get excited then?? haha. But seriously, I was talking to my dads friend about them he's a little older and has lived around here for years he told me this "there was digging and stuff to build a new shop/garage around the corner (from where we live) when they hit a pipe. When the builders went to inspect it it was stone as in a stone floor. So they excavated it, and the council jumped in, told them to fill the hole in ON THE CHURCH'S ORDER right away. So they did" anyone from around this area can find this desolated land on Bedford Road, google map it, it's on the top by the church on a corner. What sits next to this?? THE TRAIN TUNNELS I said about earlier.

I'm thinking the train people already knew the tunnels were there (Parts of tunnels) which were going the same way they were, wouldn't it be easier to just go down the tunnels route and say every 60 feet start diggin INTO where the train tunnels would be? But check this out, the church itself is weird as can be. I passed there today just snooping around and such and the graves are sinking into the ground. The little hut thing is a complete mess and should be condemned yet people still go in there.

I don't have a mobile phone or anything to take pictures but I'll go Into the chuch early tomorrow and see whats up. I think the confession thing is on tomorrow so I will confess I found the tunnel and hear him go YOU WHAT!?!? haha yeah I'll go in there tomorrow and when I come back draw the layout or something.

A note on the noises:: I'm a rapper so I have a mic and everything I left my mic on downstairs yestersday night but it recorded nothing. I don't think it can pick up too much noise you see. But I'll keep trying. My mum and dad are on holiday so I can leave it on all night tomorrow.

Peace ATS

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by duffdean

Im in Swindon but if I had the chance, Id be interested in exploring these tunnels. I dont know why they are there, some one said contriband? Guess the slavers would have used them also. Does Liverpool have any history in regards to slavery? No matter what they were used for, it would be a worth while adventure just exploring them.
Perhaps we could assemble an ATS tunnel exploring crew

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Liverpool has a musem DEVOTED to our part in the slave trade. We even had a Slave day (LMAO) i cant think of the name sorry. Where everyone had to be like "Awww what did we do in those days" Look up the Liverpool Maritime Museum... it really is disgusting what we did. Because we're a port city we helped and get reminded every year on that "Slave Day" thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post. But this shtick REALLY annoys me that we have to PAY to look at something in OUR city. It's just wrong wrong wrong!! We should be able to see those tunnels, and I mean ALL of them.

Off topic here, but I heard one time that these are tunnels next to the Mersey Tunnel which connects Birkenhead with Liverpool. These tunnels are said to be MASSIVE and under Liverpool itself is said to be a whole city. Under Church Street (which is our main shopping center street. There are Victorian shops. How about that? Pretty amazing.

<< 1    3 >>

join