It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels Under My House/City (England, Liverpool)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Now this post may seem a little strange at first, but bare with me. This story dates back to when 1326 when a Church was built near where I live. From this point until now I have no idea when the next part of this tale happened but tunnels were built for the people in the church to escape persecution.

It’s well known that there are MANY tunnels under Liverpool, by many I mean HUNDREDS possibly thousands. They were dug by a man named Joseph Williamson, gaining the name The Williamson Tunnels. Here is a site with a few videos showing these tunnels:

www.williamsontunnels.com...

Now I said Williamson dug these tunnels, which is partly true, dug them but he paid jobless men to also dig the tunnels. The story what I’ve heard is he paid them for the sole reason they didn’t have a job. So the tunnels near/under the city center were dug just so these men could be paid. What was Williamson doing? Was he mad? Who knows.

Me and my friends used to walk through the old Train tunnels when we had nothing to do and see what was up in there. These are the tunnels:

www.28dayslater.co.uk...

I swear I've fell over that bicycle lol. In the 2nd tunnel there is an opening leading toward the church. Obviously the train tunnels were built after the church tunnels so why the need for an opening toward the church. When we walked into this little "cavern" type place it was narrow and slightly more warmer than the other tunnels. One time we heard "wailing" and ran like the clappers out of there, slowly, creeping over rocks.

Back to the Church, there are supposedly three or four tunnels underground which lead away from the church so the people inside could escape, as I said. One tunnel apparently goes all the way underground toward the city center area. The others all lead off in different directions. One was boarded up, cemented and then bricked up in an old train tunnel that me and a few friends used to walk down.

But what I want to discuss is the last tunnel, which leads under my house and then nobody knows where. The church is North from my house, the tunnel itself comes from North West and leads off South East. I don’t know how deep it is underneath but it’s not THAT far underground. Most of the houses in my street have a basement. My house doesn’t.

My mum told me something which made me post this long ass thread. She said, the cable had gone off so she switched the TV off and read her book, as she read it she said You know when your concentrating then something catches your attention? It was like chanting or humming really loud, but it was underneath?

I asked many people about this church and a few seemed to know about the tunnels mainly older people. I’m going to look into it further and see if I can dig up anything about where the tunnels lead to, mainly the one under my house. The other tunnels are supposed to run directly underneath the roads.

Heres a few cool stuff and some pictures to help you visualize the place.The church itself dates back to 1326!! Here is a list of it’s history if you want to look through it, it’s quite fascinating.

www.old-liverpool.co.uk...

Here is the church location on Google.
maps.google.co.uk...:0x42dc 046f3f176e01,Liverpool&cid=646683874188523307

Photo’s from the top of St Mary’s Church
www.liverpoolpictorial.co.uk...

edit on 31-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Churches .. Chants .. Underground Tunnels ??

Sounding more like the supposed child sacrifices & rituals that are meant to be taking place in the vatican basement / tunnels ...

Ya never know ... i think this messed up stuff does happen in places ...
Any children go missin around the same time ...

Go back to the church one, and leave a sound activated recording device or something

edit on 31-5-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

Child sarcafices?? Jeez... I only had to worry about ghosts a minute ago, this scared the crap out of me when I read it. I'm going to look up how many kids have gone missing in the area. Want to know something weird though???
In a road along here Ken Bigley has relatives (the guy who Al Qeada cut his head off) and in my street Madeline Mccann's auntie lives here. Weird huh? like not even 1 minute away, you could leave one of their houses, cross a road and your there at the other!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It sounds very interesting! I wish I had tunnels to explore under my house

Do some exploring and please report here your findings..
Good luck and stay alert!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There could be many things that are hidden there, but I find it hard to believe that no one knows where the last tunnel goes. Try asking the head Pastor (or whoever heads the church) if you hadn't already, if he/she doesn't know try getting some building plans from the local authorities, if they hand them out.

hope this helps, I'd be very interested if you find anything.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Hey there,

I really enjoyed reading this thread ... it's a bit of a change from the 'norm'.

Not too specific on my dates but I think the Templars were around in the 1300's weren't they ... does Liverpool have any Templar history ?

I would so love to investigate those old train tunnels they look like the perfect place for weirdness after dark ... and potential habitats for the odd Alien Big Cat (ABC's) ... have you ever heard any guttral growls when you were there

As for the tunnel under your house ... most churches have tunnel systems that were used as escape routes in days long gone ... but if I had one running under my house and my mother had heard spectral chanting ... I would be exploring.

Interesting that your house has no basement/cellar whilst most of the others in the area do.

Maybe you could go to your local library / council offices and check-out the old land records / maps ... how old is your house and the otheres in the area ?

Another valuable research tool is the local historian ... most local newspapers have a historian columnist who tells his'her stories of the area through the ages ... maybe you could make a phone enquiry and ask if they have any info on the church tunnels ... or check the local pages (phonebook) for local historical societies ... they would be falling over themselves to feed you information and probably give you other lines of enquiry.

When somewhere is that old ... it is almost impossible for it not to have some paranormal influences attached to it.

Good hunting and keep us posted.

Woody

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Not too specific on my dates but I think the Templars were around in the 1300's weren't they ... does Liverpool have any Templar history ?

now wouldn't a Templar discover be something interesting, that would send historians for a right spin.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok sorry about this but I spilled wax all over my keyboard so if there's any spelling mistakes I apologize.

I remember in school, Alsop High School, there is a building called The Old Rectory. It CONSTANTLY smelled of fire and was scary as fudge. Apparently there was an apparition seen in the basement. The same building has one of the tunnels leading from there to the church. If you wanted a smoke in school you'd go down there. Now cigarette smoke and fire smoke smell REALLY different as you may know. This building smelled of fire, as if the building was on fire, if you had a lesson in there, the windows would be open all the time.

I can't get into the tunnel under my house, but when we were getting wooden floors put in, my dad said we might as well put the central heating in at the same time (around about anyway). What was weird was, when they lifeted the old floorboards up, there was a about 3 foot of space under the floor and concrete on some parts and bricks on the other. As if something was there (a tunnel/something buried) I dunno.

I can;t find when the Rectory was built right now because of this wax making the keys stick, when I get it off I'll research it more looking through papers i have here and online too.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
lol ... ghosts ... excellent .. thanks for that

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
reply to post by Segenam

In a road along here Ken Bigley has relatives (the guy who Al Qeada cut his head off) and in my street Madeline Mccann's auntie lives here. Weird huh? like not even 1 minute away, you could leave one of their houses, cross a road and your there at the other!!

Yeah .. see .. its all centred around that church .. dark forces lurk ...

On a side note ..
When i was working for NHS here .. it involved going round many GP Surgeries, and hospitals ...
One of the GP receptionists was telling me, of when Dr Mc Cann (Madeleines uncle) came in .. he asked for something, and didnt get it .. and responded with a stern ... "Do you know who I am" ?? .. To which the receptionist replied .. "Of course .. You're Dr. McCann" ... and he stormed off raging ... 'apparently'

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Also ... if you do go down the route of asking questions at the church ...
I would'nt mention chants .. or show suspicion .. perhaps pretend youre interested in the archetectures history or somethin ..

You have seen 'Hot Fuzz' right

edit on 31-5-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

I've heard one when I was in the pub (credibility of this story dropping immediately lol) that his wife was in the Glebe pub and ordered a pint, sat down and lit up a smoke. As you may know smoking is band in pubs in England. When the bartender confronted her, she pulled out a wad of cash and said "How much is the fine? 1000?? .... 2000???" and handed him 2000 in CASH!!! the Glebe got robbed about 2 weeks later.

Is this true?? I dunno but some guy was telling me when I had a drink in there

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

I'm one step ahead!! They have a little building about 50 feet away from the church which had a jumble sale every Sunday. Now If I follow the tunnel, it SHOULD lead under there, I'll go in and jump around to see what sounds it makes lol!. Naw Im going the church tomorrow and see what the guy says about the history of the church.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Didnt hear that about the wife ...
But with the money Doctors make ... I very much doubt the pub robbery would be related ... and that they would risk getting involved in that kinda lime light ...

If you could hear chants from your floors, when all was quiet ..
Then .. I imagine if you had a sound activated recording device (or could acquire one) ... and place it in the tunnel system, 'near' to or in the church tunnel .. it would have no problem picking up a much better detailed recording of whatever you heard .. should the same chants re-occur ...

If they were indeed chants .. then they could be accompanied by some sort of ritual .. which may also be 'picked up' ...

On the other hand ... Your recording device may just confirm, you were indeed, hearing some priest singing to himself .... or watching a football match

Would be good to know ...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

50 feet wouldn't make much of an escape route you'd be caught nearly immediately, so the tunnel should be a bit longer maybe 150 to 200 hundred meters, and that would still be rather short. Also I just realized that in WWII there were special bunkers built for the English guerrilla fighters that were stationed in the southern parts of England, and many were connected to churches because they were least suspected. This could be were the last tunnel leads.

(the source was a documentary on the English fighter however it would be old 2003ish and I can't remember its name, safe is to say that these bunkers do exist).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominikas

No the tunnel isn't 50 feet, theres another building by the church that's 50 feet, which I suspected had the tunnel under it passing by. My house is at least 500 meters away from the church. I apologize for any confusion. It definetley goes under my house and onward toward town, toward the Williamson tunnels. I hope this clears things up.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
We saw a special on the tunnels under Liverpool and their huge valted ceilings and the ones that dead-ended and others going nowhere. It was said he ws heavy into smuggling and maybe thats the purpose they were intended for.

I believe the special was either LOST WORLDS or HIDDEN UNDERGROUND or SECRET PASSAGES...all on the History Channel here in America.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
are you sure its not to do with the rise of the church of england from Henry 8 time - he would have those who where opposed to the c of e and have them killed tortued etc - we have tunnels from the local church that head from a manor house that was located next door and then more that lead to the woods for escape for the monks of the local cathedrals - that is more than likely what it is !!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good work on the thread! I was going to post on the Liverpool tunnels last year and couldn't think of anything conspiracy-related that would get any interest. S&F for repping Liverpool and linking the 28days later site.

Beneath the streets of Edge Hill in Liverpool exist an extensive network of tunnels. This labyrinth was constructed by one Joseph Williamson who has come to be known as ‘The Mole of Edge Hill’. Little is known of Williamson’s early life. He is thought to have been born in Warrington in 1769 and moved to Liverpool at about 11 years of age to seek his fortune. He found work with the tobacco firm of Richard Tate and having risen through the ranks, and become a successful businessman in his own right, married the boss’s daughter, Elizabeth, in 1802.

Around 1805 he built a number of properties in Mason Street, the gardens and orchards behind them supported by brick
arches on the sandstone outcrop above Smithdown Lane. He then turned his attention to extending these arches underground – an endeavour which continued until his death in 1840. Quite why he did this is unclear.
The Mole of Edge Hill

The Williamson Tunnels
[yvidz]f0b4_IPp4I[/yvid

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49c9b613e06a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37223f853210.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37223f853210.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cda406598182.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 31-5-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

The order of the knights templar was officially "terminated" in 1312. Some were killed, some merged into other orders like the hospitallers (these which took the templar's assets) and others turned into "new orders" like the portuguese order of the knights of christ (or order of christ as you wish).

So the church is "post-templar" dissolution. Of course... some say it continued. And they did, altho under other names but not "templars".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm on my way out so don't have much to add except i used to live in the village (I now live in Canada) and I remember the old rectory and the tunnels very well. The stories of the apparition are well known in that area. A few of my mates used to go to Alsop and the tunnels and Anfield cemetery was where we all hung out. Yes we were a bunch of weirdo's but we loved scaring the crap out of each other lol. There was also the catacombs at Anfield too. Creepy stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join