It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 hours to End the War on Drugs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
what u guys/gals make of this? sorry if this is in the wrong area. please move it to appropriate area.

summary:

this is a petition to end the war on drugs.

In 72 hours, we could finally see the beginning of the end of the ‘war on drugs’. This expensive war has completely failed to curb the plague of drug addiction, while costing countless lives, devastating communities, and funneling trillions of dollars into violent organized crime networks.

Experts all agree that the most sensible policy is to regulate, but politicians are afraid to touch the issue. In days, a global commission including former heads of state and foreign policy chiefs of the UN, EU, US, Brazil, Mexico and more will break the taboo and publicly call for new approaches including decriminalization and regulation of drugs.

This could be a once-in-a-generation tipping-point moment -- if enough of us call for an end to this madness. Politicians say they understand that the war on drugs has failed, but claim the public isn't ready for an alternative. Let's show them we not only accept a sane and humane policy -- we demand it. Sign the petition and share with everyone -- when we reach 1/2 million, it will be personally delivered to world leaders by the global commission....

more info and petition here...

www.avaaz.org...

edit on 31-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I just signed.

The CIA is the biggest cartel the world has ever had, the war on drugs is just a cover-up.
edit on 31-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i think you could have put a little bit of effort into making your thread..

at least summerize the article and your opinion on it..

just posting a link with the only text being "what do you think of this" is very poor in my opinion..

edit to add.. op added explanation to original post and summerized article..
thank you for that, at least people will know now if the article has some interest to them or not..
edit on 31/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

just posting a link with the only text being "what do you think of this" is very poor in my opinion..

Actually I like this, I think it's great to start with a tread empty of opinions to not influence what others think yet.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Examining the article we see a petition would be moved forward to "the global commission" for heads of state to see. Maybe I'm nit-picking but I think a group that is powerful enough to have the eyes & ears of major leaders would not only be properly listed ( Global Commission ), there would also be info on who and where they are.

The scrolling number counter looks to be designed to call people to action by using high numbers that would prompt a reader to action. 'ooh, they only need a few more names!'

This appears to me to be a faked page to collect names & addresses. It reminds me very much of a nicely constructed blog page.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
yeh i signed but didnt want to be pushy. i realize some might not agree. i did make some effort. effort to be neutral. just wanted to see if you all think it could/will work/is it bogus? and perhaps if not bogus help pass along the petition to those who agree with the petition. thnx.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by krossfyter

Examining the article we see a petition would be moved forward to "the global commission" for heads of state to see. Maybe I'm nit-picking but I think a group that is powerful enough to have the eyes & ears of major leaders would not only be properly listed ( Global Commission ), there would also be info on who and where they are.

The scrolling number counter looks to be designed to call people to action by using high numbers that would prompt a reader to action. 'ooh, they only need a few more names!'

This appears to me to be a faked page to collect names & addresses. It reminds me very much of a nicely constructed blog page.

noted. thank you very much! info like this helps.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

just got a follow up email and in the email this site was listed for global commission...

www.globalcommissionondrugs.org...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Actually I like this, I think it's great to start with a tread empty of opinions to not influence what others think yet.

but after the first post you have an opinion of someone, and then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th post you have an opinion that may "influence" people, so your point doesnt really make sense..
if your scared of being influenced by reading an opinon of someone you havent met, i dont think this site is for you.

my point is this, i didnt even click on the link because i dont know what the story is about, so much crap passes through here, i would waste hours everyday reading through it all.. thats why it needs to be summerized in the op, so people will know if it interests them or not..
it is up to the original poster to do this.. especially a member for so long should be fully aware of that..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

but after the first post you have an opinion of someone, and then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th post you have an opinion that may "influence" people, so your point doesnt really make sense..
if your scared of being influenced by reading an opinon of someone you havent met, i dont think this site is for you.

my point is this, i didnt even click on the link because i dont know what the story is about, so much crap passes through here, i would waste hours everyday reading through it all.. thats why it needs to be summerized in the op, so people will know if it interests them or not..
it is up to the original poster to do this.. especially a member for so long should be fully aware of that..

okay thats great man. thanks for your reply. not scared at all. i will summarize. appreciate your care and concern.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

no offense to you mate.. and i know its a little off topic, but someone posts a link with one line saying "what do you think of this" no explanation of what is in the article... (could be a virus for all i know)
you leave a comment saying you like posts like this and it gets 3 stars.. so there are obviously people that agree with your statement..
this is just a perfect example of the acceptance of crap that passes through here and the mindset of some of the users.. this site has seriously gone downhill in the last few years..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Thats right , anyone who has been on ATs awhile (especially me lol) should know this , alot of people overkill their threads opening statements , some dont do it enough , some rant (yup,ive done the ol rantatoolie as well) , people will argue over any thing , Ha , its gotten to the point wheres i dont even care about S & F 's , Just the responses and knowledge that others may bring to the table , that to me is worth more than any flag or star , as opposed to my articles been supremely constructed to be honored by Mods and members for a well presented thread , i.e S& F , Some are here to teach (or Direct) Im here to learn and share and get healthy debate , maybe even inspiration , SOoooo , OP , S & F , Thanks for bringing this to my attention im signing the Damm Thing ! Go Earth !

p.s i dont even need to know how brilliant you are by reading a "brilliant thread starter"

Just the fact you posted the link is brilliant in itself .

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
we will see ...
the vote in cali last year failed
and they have to be 1 of the most
liberal states in the republic

but i won't be holding my breath
on anything happening in 72 hours
except a data base creation....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

who broke your crayons?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
we will see ...
the vote in cali last year failed
and they have to be 1 of the most
liberal states in the republic

but i won't be holding my breath
on anything happening in 72 hours
except a data base creation....

sadly i think you are spot on. perhaps its getting closer and thats all we can hope for.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson
reply to post by User8911

people will argue over any thing ,

really. im noticing this more and more on here.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Signed

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Signed

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
curious as to if this is still bogus. thanks all for being cool about this.

top topics

join