It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic – An In-Depth Look

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by headhunta

This isnt how you go about getting them.

You could have said something in regards to the Titanic or the OPs original post.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by headhunta

no offense but i have alerted staff to your trolling, fair enough you need to get post count up but i dont appriciate my thread being used to do so unless you have somthing to contribute to it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

So where does Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslett fit into all this?

sorry

Good thread ronishia
....I have to say though that I personally believe that the sinking of the titanic had no conspiracy attached to it at all, I think there were too many "big hitters" on board for there to have been any collusions to have Titanic sunk deliberately.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

Essentials list is taken from Wikipedia
Name: RMS Titanic
Owner: White Star Line
Route: Southampton to New York City
Ordered: 17 September 1908
Builder: Harland and Wolff, Belfast
Laid down: 31 March 1909
Launched: 31 May 1911
Christened: Not christened
Completed: 31 March 1912
Maiden voyage: 10 April 1912
In service: 1912
Identification: Radio Callsign "MGY"
Fate: Sank on 15 April 1912 after hitting an iceberg in middle of Atlantic Ocean

There's the problem right there - Not christened.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

absolutely excellent ive read these stories for yrs way b4 the invention of www.
theres 1 u havnt mentioned.
apparently a welder and his young aprentice were welded into the hull,but again theres not much evidence for it..
well done fantastic thread....dave

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
the Titanic sinking is a DEEP concept to grasp....nyuk nyuk nyuk

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Another thing that defys logic is they assumed the ships were unsinkable. They had no way of knowing if an impact with an iceberg would do anything and would have to carefully calculate to scrape the side along a specific length and a specific depth and force.... and no one can see under the water as to how big an iceberg is in the daytime let alone at night!

That apart from the ones arranging and impact were on the ship and would die and all those taking part would be involved in one of the biggest mass urders of all time in 1911.

Perposterous!

The is a fairy story at best. We may as well say bring out the conspircacy of all conspiracies and say we are all actually in a giant computer game and none of this is real.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by headhunta

another victim ....

it must be the mummy !

by the way, was the mummy smuggled onto the Titanic ?

if so, THAT would sure have been an insult to the Priestess !

maybe that's how the Jesuits did it !

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think somebody screwed up,not on purpose,and a big ship sank with a lot of people onboard....out of it cames the SOLAS(Safety Of Life At Sea) laws,which prob saved many hunred of times the number that died....but no one will ever truly know

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

glad they are getting to the bottom of this

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing...great post. I've always been intrigued by the Titanic and i've never heard of the 'Mummy' connection before, however unlikely it is.

My bet is on the Jesuits...i've seen a doco on this before but I can't find it. I'll keep searching and hopefully have a link later today.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Wow. You are my new favorite person! This is an absolutely brilliant post. I have always been fascinated by the Titanic tragedy since I was young. I feel spoiled reading this

Titanic sized S&F for you!!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Out Standing, You had some theory's i didn't even know about..Nice job pulling all that information together.

THANKS

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Steel is stronger than ice, but the ship wasn't made with one sheet of steel but several hundred. They had to be riveted and welded together at the seams. The weight of the ship alone pressing against an iceberg would have created enough pressure to push in and break the seams. Add to that, the speed of the ship, and you have excessive pressure on the seams. "For every action their is a positive and equal reaction." The same amount of pressure on the iceberg is being transferred to the side of the ship.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow, you were serious when you said "in depth". What a great thread. I'll have to dwelve into it when I decide to do so, a nice history here. The Titanic has captured people's interest for 100 years now, with no sign of this letting up. The greatest ship of its time, then an epic fail, then lore and legend. It makes a great metaphor for many things, and carries this energy whenever discussed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

hah actually lol'd at the J.P Morgan comment,
soooooo true

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Awesome topic! Star and Flag for you!

I've been interested in the Titanic since I was a young kid. The whole thing just mesmerized my young boy mind

But, I have never thought about the idea of any conspiracies surrounding the sinking of the Titanic. I am actually surprised because I "see a conspiracy" in everything
But with the titanic I always (up until just now) just told myself it was bad luck and that is that.

Your topic has really opened up the story behind the Titanic for me. I don't know what the truth might really be but the conspiracy you outlined first with the whole switch seems the most likely out of all of them.

I have heard about the cursed mummy but never heard of it being on the titanic. I imagine though, that if the mummy really was cursed that the bottom of the ocean would be the best place for it.

And maybe they're all related! *tinfoil hat*

What if.

J.P. Morgan and associates wanted to get rid of the Olympic so they orchestrated the switch with the authorization of the Jesuit leader. The Jesuit leader saw this as a prime opportunity to get rid of some competition and allowed J.P. Morgan to go fourth with his plan. Since this was an extremely luxurious ship lots of wealthy people (like those that were against the Federal Reserve) were on it. Well, an very wealthy person had purchased the mummy and decided that this was the best way to transport it. After all, she was royalty.

Almost like a perfect manifestation of pure evil.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Great thread! Very interesting theories.
If it was a switch between the Olympic, that may explain why it wasn't Christened.

Good job S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Nice thread!
something different for once!! I'll have to read it a little later but thanks for posting something different!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Great thread.. I wish all posters would post theories like this, showing all angles, instead of convoluted messes..

To the guy trying to dismiss the theories saying its as plausible as aliens, Daggyz i think:
This is one of the tamest theories i have seen on ATS
Maybe not the mummy part (in my eyes, respectfully) but a bunch of rich people who only care about money, sinking a ship for insurance money, seems extremely plausible to me, considering fraud happens on a daily basis, especially in the upper echelons of society.. Even the Jesuits having a hand in it could happen..

Anyway, great post, you have ignited a new curiosity for me, and for that congratulations

One of the weirdest aspects that someone else brought up was the christening of the ship or lack thereof.. It blows my mind that a ship of that size, wouldn't have been christened.. thats a huge superstition for sailors and ship builders, but maybe they knew it was going to sink, so they didn't bother..
Or, maybe they were afraid that if they did, God would've saved the ship from sinking
edit on 1-6-2011 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join