It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is getting very busy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It took me two days before I could read this board. Allways the "exceeded bandwidth" message.

Look at the usage increase...

www.alexa.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
As for me, I blame this on the people that have turned this board into a clearing house for news-bits about the war instead of keeping focus on *conspiracies*...

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
energy_wave,

agreed...much more difficult logging in lately...especially when seven separate backdoor and trojan viruses shut me down for a few days. I'm still trying to figure out just where I was attacked from but my hard drive was treated by the attackers like the coalition forces treat Iraqi tanks.

MidnightDStroyer,

agreed...lots of info posted which seems somewhat out of place with this site, but the war very well could end up being recorded in history as one of the greatest conspiracies of all time.

deleted

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
First off, some politics does have ot do with conspiracies...when you get into the deeper reasons/plottings (see my first posted thread today), and secondly maybe the increase in usage could be a good thing (more people might mean more info...and we're all here to try to have an informed understanding right?).

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And there are a TON of conspiracies related to this war, and ones that are not imagined...whether you're for the war or not, the conspiracies are there.... I am for this war, but I am under no delusion that it's primary goal is to rid Saddam of WOMD... Instead, it's to (in order)

1. Establish a powerful influence in the region.
2. Long-term, to strengthen the US economy. (this point actually has many facets to it...but for simplicity...)
3. Curb a little bit of OPEC's fanatacism through the installation of a pro-western member.

Those against the war use the above as arguements many times. I however, do agree with the arguements, but I am more for the US' best interests (as a US citizen), so I'm still for it. There are other beneficial side effects...but they are secondary concerns...

1. The liberation of Iraq
2. The stability that may come with the removal of Saddam.

Unfortunately, Bush chose to circumvent the UN, which resulted in some world-wide backlash. It could have been avoided (in ways that many on this board pointed out), whilst still achieving the objective...

Yep, this war has EVERYTHING to do with conspiracies....

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yep, this war has EVERYTHING to do with conspiracies....

I agree.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This war will mark a change in this board and the internet.
War will continue not only in Iraq but all over the world.
The internet may or may not be the only source of free speech.
Initially boards like this will be small oasis's where like minded people can pool news stories and,together,understand the truth.
Later,those of us that wish to continue these communities will have to go underground.Sites will start to be called names that are innocuous as they, like ATS, are shut down.Eventually boards will become "Flash Sites"up for only 24 hours before disapearing.

top topics

join