It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 years ago TODAY since the TITANIC was first launched...or was it the OLYMPIC???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
100 years ago today (may 31 2011), on may 31 1911,
the unsinkable boat the Titanic was launched...

www.titanic-titanic.com...

On APRIL 15, 1912 the ship was gone, along with more than 1500 lives...

i just wanted to start this thread to see if
anyone has any "conspicacy theories" RE: Titanic...

eg:
Titanic/Olympic switch???

library.thinkquest.org...

www.titanicuniverse.com...

or not???

www.titanic-theshipmagnificent.com...

+ATS thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

any ideas?

what about the "Carpathia " the boat that was
supposedly "nearby" + although she arrived on scene after Titanic foundered, + rescued all 705 survivors in Titanic's lifeboats, was thought by some to have "taken her time"...?

see: www.greatships.net...

other issues listed here, en.wikipedia.org...
eg
: coal fire onboard titanic?
the MUMMY onboard?
construction issues;
etc etc

This thread is dedicated to the 1,500+ souls, who lost their lives, during the early morning hours of Monday the 15th of April 1912, on board the boat (known to us as) the RMS Titanic.

seeya
edit on 31/5/2011 by shaneR because: typo

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
All I know to say is; didnt they find it at the bottom of the ocean? Didnt it meet the structure size and shape of the Titanic, the boat they were looking for when they found it? Did it also have Titanic written on the side? I'll admit I know little on this subject, but I thought besides its final few hours, it was just a horrible story, and everything checks out.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think that this theory has been widely debunked as from the pictures of the Olympic and Titanic show a subtle difference in the placement of the portholes and parts of the ships structure. The ship at the bottom of the ocean has been confirmed as the titanic,.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

thanks for that,
source?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR

thanks for that,
source?

The fact that everyone else seems to know it...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

the Titanic and Olympic were sister ships...
eg: the same shape and size, almost...

and anyone can paint a name on the outside!
my dinghy is called the TITANIC, and its never sunk, yet!

seeya

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

like "the earth is flat"?

thanks

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

thanks for that,
source?

Perhaps you might want to read the first article linked in the OP again. It clearly states that metal brought up from the wreck was stamped with the specific codes for the Titanic, and NOT the Olympia. Of course, I guess you could really go over the edge and say that this "evidence" was planted to prove the switch was never made, which I guess is possible...after all they did do that in the Hunt for Red October.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

regards the alleged RMS olympic / titanic switch - any conspiracy theorists care to explain HOW this was acheived

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

like "the earth is flat"?

thanks

Hey you know what? Instead of demanding sources, why didn't you do one simple google search?

FYI the earth is a sphere - that's not hard to find out either.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by shaneR

regards the alleged RMS olympic / titanic switch - any conspiracy theorists care to explain HOW this was acheived

Well our buddy ShaneR thinks it was as simple as painting "Titanic" onto the side of the ship, and "Bob's your Uncle" you're done.... no one could figure that out.

Of course there's the fact that the Olympic would have had to have it's entire hull repainted, all of the stuff that was in the Titanic would have to be moved into the Olympic... you know, the furniture, the china (that was custom made for the Titanic, with the ships name on it), and every single place where the name "Olympic" appeared had to be altered, which is in a TON of places on a ship of that size (like the life saving rings, etc). All of this would have to have been done by hundreds of employees involved, due to the shear size of the operation, and to think that no one would have spoken up when 1,500 people were killed when it sank, is completely irrational.

These ships were massive, and making such a switch on such an incredibly high profile ship, when it was getting ready for its maiden voyage would be a huge undertaking, one I don't think happened, especially since we didn't hear anything from the hundreds of dockworkers and White Star employees who would have been involved in the fraud...not to speak of the families of those who were killed in the sinking.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Just my two bobs worth IA, At that time in Belfast the ruling parties where the Protestant ones which had close links with masonic and orange lodge orders, also the vast majority off the H&W work force was Protestant and mainly lived in tyied terraced housing , So it would be easy to manipulate the work force off that time into keeping it shut, so to speak.. IMO.

edit on 31-5-2011 by foxhoundone because: glass mong

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Actually there is a documentary on this by the History Channel called 'Titanic - The Ship That Never Sank'. I have it on my hard drive. While watching it I thought that they switched the ships too. What they said in the documentary was the White Star Line were on the as*es and they thought they were going bankrupt. And the Olympic was so badly damaged even after a lot of repairs that the conspiracy was that they swapped the ships to keep the perfect Titanic and send the Olympic to the bottom of the ocean (So to speak).

So it would have been an insurance job. But during the investigation on the documentary they looked at the blueprints and there are a few differences between the Olympic and the Titanic. Can't remember the major differences. There isn't alot. Something about the wheelhouse though. One is square and the other is rounded.

Anyway, it's a good documentary and very fascinating. It doesn't look like they did a switch but then you never know. They could have switched the blueprints over!!! ????

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

It's a moot point. Metal recovered from the wreck is stamped with the titanic's serial number.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo

hi,

i am not saying it happened,
just asked if anyone had any info,

sort of spur of the moment thread when i saw anniversary on the news,

i also seem to remember that the Olympic was accident prone,
and was in port, maybe even dry dock,
during some of the time Titanic was being constructed...

thats all...

and it was 100 years ago,
people were "simpler", life was "simpler"
but money was the same,
and if the owners thought they could switch ships for a profit, why not???

seeya

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Oh, trust me...these kind of shenanigans happened all the time in those days. Not this time. Way too high profile, way too many people involved, and physical evidence to show the story never happened.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Interesting theory, OP. I do remember that most of the world's millionaires of the time perished that night, shifting the money around quite a bit. Also I remember reading there a race going on between the White Star Line another Ship Line. I would say that there was a conspiracy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Check out this thread. A lot of info on the Titanic

Cool!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

if U read the thread starter, i do not say it happened,
just "does anyone have any conspiracy theories re Titanic..."

thats all

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated by the theories that surround her sinking.
tho I am yet to personally be convinced of the veracity of any claim.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join