It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telekinesis possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Even though science may say that it would violate physical laws if it were possible and that there is also a $1 million prize from the Randi Foundation if it were, do you think it is possible? I know there is some technology in the market which uses external ways to allow you to move objects with your mind in a closed environment - but is telekinesis possible with the independent use of the brain only?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think it is possible, but very few people probably have the knowledge to do so.

Deebo

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Deebo is correct, its certainly possible but few people have mastered the ability to control/use it.

There are lots of documents/videos online showing the details. (Although you might want to avoid YouTube videos of people moving pencils :S)

I believe the Russians were very big on the subject, numinous testing and documenting of people with this ability during the cold war. At this point in history the Russians were very big on the idea of mind control / psychic warfare.

This led them to pour allot of time and resources into experimentation with Telekineses, Psychokinesis and Pyrokensis.

Im trying to remember the name of the documentary i saw on it a few years ago, but it was quite frightning the amount of progress they made in such a short amount of time. I seem to remember them kidnapping a young girl who appeared to have a natural talent for it. There was a video they managed to get hold of which showed her attempting to stop a mans heart with just her mind.

If i can get the name of the girl or the documentary ill post it back up for ya.

Peace man

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
All those who believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand

In all seriousness though, I doubt it exists

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

question 1 - where does the energy come from ?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

My guess would be from all around us.
=]

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

The whole universe is energy

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm not saying it's possible, but the human body can easily be used as an antenna, and if there are energy waves in the air/all around us, who's to say that someone with enough knowledge couldn't figure a way to manipulate the electromagnetic currents in/surrounding the body in order to manipulate the electromagnetic currents surrounding other objects within a close vicinity?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

How does it become accessible to certain people? And why not to others?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Of course it's possible!! If we (humans) use only about 10% of our brains and are capable of what we've already done, think about what we could do if we used even 50.

IMHO, some form of telekenesis (though probably vastly different from the kind we see on television) is very possible. Our brains just have to find a better, more efficient way of operating than they do right now.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Of course telekenisis is possible. Thought waves have a miniscule level of power in them- like 5 to the negative 300000 hertz. However, when they are carefully focused, or are especially intense . . .
Holy cow, my lamp just flew across the room!!!

Cases of poltergeists are almost always in houses where there are teenagers. Their extreme hormones and feelings magnify their thoughts. The result? A haunted house.

SeraphNB

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Telekinesis doesn't seem to work well enough for anyone to be able to claim the million dollar prize that is still offered for anyone who can prove they can do it. (And no, Uri Geller and his bent spoons, he hasn't claimed the prize, because he uses standard magic tricks.)

Sure, poltergeist activity has something to do with teenagers, but if it also has something to do with other entities, that are able to move matter, than it's not telekinesis.

So, for me, there isn't enough information to make a final decision, but it actually doesn't look so good at this point.

JR

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SFlowers

Ahh the old 10% of our brains myth. I never knew people still believed in that

The brain is enormously costly to the rest of the body, in terms of oxygen and nutrient consumption. It can require up to twenty percent of the body's energy--more than any other organ--despite making up only 2% of the human body by weight. If 90% of it were unnecessary, there would be a large survival advantage to humans with smaller, more efficient brains. If this were true, the process of natural selection would have eliminated the inefficient brains. By the same token, it is also highly unlikely that a brain with so much redundant matter would have evolved in the first place

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anything if possible if the mass consciousness (people united) join together). We can move mountains, mountains that are rooted in the very earth.

Hence the phrase, anything is possible.

Because we've all become self righteous bigots thinking we're the one and only rather then we are one apart of a whole, we only fend for ourselves, or the ones closest to us, rather then everyone.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

tel·e·ki·ne·sis/ˌteləkiˈnēsis/ Noun: The supposed ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other nonphysical means.

By this definition I have done this. I moved a two ton fully loaded Landrover 3 feet sideways.
You have to have enough mitochondria (bloodline important here) enough ATP and a brain that has no dominance, ie it is balanced (better if you are ambidextrous). It uses your Pineal gland. Very secret knowledge here so I don't think you will get many responses, as most people who know are members of secret societies, I am not.
You need a single thought and tons of ADRENALINE, ie I was s**t scared of falling off the single track road to a 200ft drop.

And now I have tried to move a feather; no adrenaline, so no movement. But I did get that annoying pebble throwing thing, so I told it to just cut it out.
Wish I could do it again, without the fear factor.

I have blown up a light bulb, as a angry teenager though and put out a firework thrown onto my car roof.

A single thought is the key. No double mindedness.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
One could say that even lifting your own arm or finger uses the same force that is responsible for telekinesis.

You need to be able to generate enough power, and it requires a training of the entire nervous system - a kind of "equilibrium" needs to be reached.
edit on 31-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It is remarkably easy when you are in the Astral world, this world is simply too dense to really be able to use such powers.

Many people are actually very powerful in the Astral, but in this artificial dimension, they are limitied
edit on 31-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
yes I believe telekinesis is possible, even the bible mention it, In the bible it's called faith, I someone had the faith as large as grain of mustard seed, one can move mountains, in other word this would be implying that telekinesis is posible. and I belive this claim.

sometimes I've been able to make the wind blow around, some times I've been able to change the color of the trafficlight just with a thought lol.
edit on 31/5/11 by elpistolero1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join