It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian exec accused in attack on NY hotel maid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
the roomgirls in NY have found an new money fountain it seems....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Off topic...
edit on 31-5-2011 by PW229 because: Off topic and all that.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

How about this: the maid, having seen the other case, realises that maybe if she complains something will be done whereas previously she would have kept quiet about abuses by very rich powerful men in a male dominated society.

People are getting more and more p...ed off with the rich......including chambermaids!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Okay... really? When I heard this on the news I actually shouted "WHAT?!!", because the coeenkeedinkees are just a little too numerous and exact to wave them away.

Hmmm.
1. Would a hotel maid even know who this person was in order to decide to bilk him of some cash?

2. Even in the rarest of circumstances of this being a master plan set about by the maid, why not some other rich old man?

3. Considering the rather recent incident with Strauss-Kahn, even if powerful moneygrubbers feel like they can get away with virtually anything, wouldn't it make more sense for all those dirty old men to err on the side of caution and keep their hands to themselves... at least for a few more weeks and not in the same city / same circumstance?

4. These incidents are practically identical. If this is another setup, wouldn't you think "they" could be a little more creative and come up with another way to take this guy down?

5. If both of these incidents are setups, and both were intentionally designed to be nearly the same, what does that say about those who are perpetrating these acts and how they view the average American? Because personally, I would be insulted that they could be so over the top obvious and so brazen. And still get away with it, because no-one objects?

6. Why was the call for his arrest delayed and more importantly, how it was delayed, and why was this mentioned in the article?

I'm sure I have more questions, but those were off the top of my head. I need to do some more investigating... feel free to add to the list, though.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
1. Would a hotel maid even know who this person was in order to decide to bilk him of some cash?

I'm pretty sure the room check-in/check-out listing has a name associated with it. And of course there's this internet thing that you've used to post this. Just because somebody works at a hotel doesn't mean they're too dumb or too lazy to do this kind of research. They may also have "friends" or "family" that do the background work and directing. (Think organized crime.)

2. Even in the rarest of circumstances of this being a master plan set about by the maid, why not some other rich old man?

He was there at the time. Either that or somebody was specifically targeting him. It seems to be a popular trend after that whole Assange ordeal.

3. Considering the rather recent incident with Strauss-Kahn, even if powerful moneygrubbers feel like they can get away with virtually anything, wouldn't it make more sense for all those dirty old men to err on the side of caution and keep their hands to themselves... at least for a few more weeks and not in the same city / same circumstance?

I don't get it either. If coming to the U.S. there's the state of Nevada in which rich old farts can enjoy particular entertainment services because it's perfectly legal. Why NYC is beyond me too. Take one more flight west to Las Vegas. Of course they don't have to come to the states. There's also a whole bunch of various tropical islands, and places back in Europe like Amsterdam where they have their flings too. When you have that kind of money or power, it makes no sense at all to set yourself up like that.

4. These incidents are practically identical. If this is another setup, wouldn't you think "they" could be a little more creative and come up with another way to take this guy down?

Who knows? It does seem odd. Maybe some people (like hotel maids) are now taking advantage of their situation to screw the rich - and in more than one way. Also if you're in a gang or crime outfit, having a young hot female member jump on somebody is a much easier way to your means than kidnapping them. In a way it avoids the whole crime problem on their side while twisting around and exploiting the law in their favor.

5. If both of these incidents are setups, and both were intentionally designed to be nearly the same, what does that say about those who are perpetrating these acts and how they view the average American? Because personally, I would be insulted that they could be so over the top obvious and so brazen. And still get away with it, because no-one objects?

6. Why was the call for his arrest delayed and more importantly, how it was delayed, and why was this mentioned in the article?
That does raise questions.

Too bad we don't have much more information to get anywhere beyond speculation. Either ol' rich guys are finally no longer getting away with certain things and being nailed for it, or certain groups have figured out an easy way to exploit the system and are taking serious advantage of it. But without any eyewitnesses past the individuals involved in such incidents, it's really hard to make a heads or tails of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join