It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Jetpack reaches 5K feet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Video highlights of test.

"Over the weekend, Glenn Martin's flying machine successfully climbed some 5,000 feet above sea level, marking a new milestone in the 30-year, $12 million project."

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Oh dude THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME. Star and flag mi amigo!

We're getting there! Soon we'll have everything they had in The Jetsons! I want my flying cars!
If I could give you more than one star I would! 3 Cheers for Jetpack Dude! huzzah! huzzah! huzzah!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Wowzers 30 years and 12 million dollars for that, someones got some splainin to do.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
S&F

But I think that they need to work on the landing a little bit.

At 12 mil that is a pretty rough landing.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would rather fly a Williams X-jet. Anyone know where to get one? The could fly up to 10,000 ft two decades ago. What happened? en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Cool jet pack but i just wish that you can land without having to deploy a parachute. That would make the decent faster and maybe safer.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
Cool jet pack but i just wish that you can land without having to deploy a parachute. That would make the decent faster and maybe safer.

I am not positive but I believe they landed the JP with a parachute because they
didn't want to do a powered landing via the helicopter remote control tether.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

I probably wouldn't want to risk a powered landing for my first flight in a jet pack anyway. I would start with a parachute landing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's big, it's loud, but hey... it is only 12 million dollars!!!

I am having some difficulty seeing where the return on investment is on this one.

For 9 million dollars, you can get a rocket that will launch you into space with a 2,000 lb payload. I am just not seeing the value here.

new topics

top topics

join