It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woozy from wifi? 'Electrosensitive' say modern life makes them ill

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Had you seen the documentary i have seen the other day on wi-fi, cellular frequencies and stuff your head would be fuming as i type .The conclusion was that the industry has secured its future business with norms that aren't even one iota tested on humans hence no lawsuits possible for the filthy, greedy [fill the blank] boys. Life is good ain't it ?

Some guy went in an appartment with his high tech gear to measure an internet router-box with wi-fi enabled he's measure 4 Volts (?) i think. Now, 4 volts is nothing you will say, yes indeed, but after a daily/monthly/yearly long exposure i doubt it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

There is a topic like this every so often on ATS. There are plenty of arguments going around, but most all seem scientifically lacking.

Wifi is just radio waves. The most that can ever really happen is that the radio waves will vibrate the water molecules in your skin. The waves can't possibly reach any further than your skin because the wavelength is just to large. Plus, I think the amount of vibrating water molecules is too small of human nerves to sense.

Like the article states, there has been many scientific tests done to see if "electrosensitive people" could detect wifi signals with blind folds on, and the results matched the same results as people who were just guessing. So, I really think something else is going on here and they are just trying to blame it on wifi.

There exists radio waves of all types of frequencies all over the entire surface of the Earth. The majority of radio waves are natural radio waves that are constantly emitted from the Sun and every single star in the sky, so I am fairly certain our bodies have adapted to radio waves over the years.

I really don't believe wifi can be detected by the human body.
edit on 31-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

and what sends these wifi pulses felt on the skin back to the brain? electrostatic charge obviously. Disrupt the balance of what is the 'norm' of touch, sense, perception and people are bound to fall ill.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hmm, im actualy a sensitive and i find that when alot of electronics or even people are around me i get overwhelmed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331

Hmm, im actualy a sensitive and i find that when alot of electronics or even people are around me i get overwhelmed.

I often find having a lot of people around me overwhelming as well.

Since you are sensitive to EM and/or RF do you find certain types of devices in particular that you are sensitive to? Some might be more sensitive to powerful motors running while others may be effected by particular frequencies. I would expect that those devices that are using or emitting the most power would be the primary offenders, such as a 2-way radio transmitters would be more offensive than a cell phone due to power output. Others, as I suggest, may be more sensitive to the 60Hz household AC power when heavy-duty devices are operating. Do you experience more discomfort with one type of device than others?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There is a topic like this every so often on ATS. There are plenty of arguments going around, but most all seem scientifically lacking.

Wifi is just radio waves.

Yes. Waves indeed.

By the way, you most certainly can detect radio waves. I've done it myself in an industrial wifi environment.

Do you know how? I took notice of wifi waves after studying electromagnetic radiation and various frequencies.

It's not a question of if you can sense them or not. Its all about your capability to sense them. You're not going to notice it if you don't try.

And if you or any naysayers disagree, then step into a wifi environment and then compare it to somewhere far away from electricity (like the woods). You'll notice that you have much less stress on your perceptive ability because you arent being bombarded with constant radio waves.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Um, not you can not detect radio waves with your body.

There are radio waves all around you everywhere. You can go to the most remote location on Earth (like the woods) and you are still bombarded by radio waves from the Sun and the stars. If you get a radio and go to any place on Earth (besides inside a Faraday cage) you will get "noise" which is stray radio waves all around you from the stars and Sun and other sources.

YOU CANT NOT detect radio waves with your body because you are always being subjected to radio waves.... that is like claiming you can detect rain drops on your skin while taking a shower with your eyes closed.

-edit to add-

Radio waves is just light... claiming to be able to detect wifi with your body is no different then claiming you can detect when a normal laser pointer is pointed on your skin when your eyes are closed.
edit on 31-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I can feel if electronic things are on. Like if the TV is on but the screen has went to black after playing a video game and isn't turned off. My parents can't seem to feel/hear it, whatever it is that I can sense. Or I can feel if I left my computer on if I go to lay down on at night, I have to get up and turn it off or it bothers me. Just sensing the energy, similar if you can feel if someone is behind you.

This ^^ I often 'sense' when things are on... if that is electro or wifi or 'other' stuff buzzing ion me I am not sure but I know when things are on and shouldn't be

BUT I also 'know' when the front door or back door haven't been bolted or if a window has been left open... ????

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I can easily say that I, personally, have no issues with electronics. I'm next to a computer nearly all day long, along with wireless internet, wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, cell phone, fax machine, and many many other electrical appliances. I have never felt sick around any of these appliances. Nor have I ever met anyone whom has felt ill around them. People are around radio waves and all sorts of other electronic waves on a constant basis. If people were truely getting sick from these things, wouldn't they have been getting sick since birth? Also, doesn't it mean these persons would be sick all the time, constantly?

I just can't say that I can see this being a major issue anywhere. The worst I have ever witnessed to this event, was a video about people whom got rashes on them from the twisty energy saver light bulbs. However there was a measurement device used to measure "dirty" energy coming off the light blub. I can see the feasibility of that from light bulbs, but not getting sick from wi-fi. That just sounds absurd to me, however I am not a doctor and not ruling it out just yet as possible until farther research is done.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, electromagnetism does effect human health after a certain point. I suppose it'd reasonable to think that somebody could be more sensitive than others. I don't think one thing would cause it, but I could see the piling up of electromagnetism from various different sources maybe effecting them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Um, not you can not detect radio waves with your body.

I don't care what your conclusions are.

Human beings are subject to electromagnetism just like everything else made of atoms.

Those who can't sense the radiation given off by WiFi transmitters are ignorant to it. They just can't seem to decipher incoming transmissions that affect mental and perceptive capacity. I guess such people are highly suseptable to any device designed to oversaturate mental processes, just thinking about it.

There's more to perception than just the typical five senses that textbooks and the system tell you. Then again, you need to tune into them on your own because there's no other way for you to figure it out.

I'll say it again: I've sensed WiFi waves before. I've even followed the wavelengths (when I did it, there were two separate waves, one faster than the other which isn't unrealistic considering the density of WiFi in a university computer lab).

I'm not the only person stating this either. There have been lots of parents threatening to pull their children out of schools because as soon as they deploy industrial WiFi connections, the children start developing nausia, headaches and other related illness.

I mean, it is extremely ignorant to deploy WiFi waves that obviously have some effect on the immediate environment because they are WAVES affecting MATTER, and then to claim that they don't affect us. They do affect us, more so if you actually realize it is going on.

It's almost threatening to both the WiFi industry and the establishment that uses it, to realize that it can affect our physical and mental health... perhaps to the point where there is flat out denial.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I don't care what your conclusions are.

Obviously you don't care to educate yourself either...

Human beings are subject to electromagnetism just like everything else made of atoms.

I agree... and believe it or not the human body creates electromagnetism. It's called bioelectromagnetism. Your very own bioelectromagnetism should effect you more than any wifi device.

Those who can't sense the radiation given off by WiFi transmitters are ignorant to it.

It has been proven with blind tests that those who think they can detect wifi or weak radio signals are just ignorant, and or suffer from some type of psychosomatic illness.

According to you... the only way to sense the radiation (light) is to not be ignorant of it....
You just demonstrated that it is all a mental issue.

I'll say it again: I've sensed WiFi waves before.

I'll say it again, NO YOU HAVE NOT because it is physically impossible.

If you were able to detect Wifi then you wouldn't be able to go out into the sunlight without detecting wifi, and you would be detecting wifi every single second of every single day because "wifi" is just radio waves and radio waves exist everywhere at all times.

I've even followed the wavelengths (when I did it, there were two separate waves, one faster than the other which isn't unrealistic considering the density of WiFi in a university computer lab).

You followed "wavelengths"?

No.... you probably just suffer from hypochondriasis and you walked around until you found a wifi device. Either that or you are lying.

Do you know that radio waves from wifi bounce off of walls? You know some bounces off of the human body? You know they bounce and reflect off of many objects? You know they also pass through many objects? There is no way to follow wifi signals with the human body... sorry but you are either lying or suffer from some other psychosomatic illness.

I'm not the only person stating this either.

Yes, I know. There are many people who suffer from the same delusions you are suffering from.

There have been lots of parents threatening to pull their children out of schools because as soon as they deploy industrial WiFi connections, the children start developing nausia, headaches and other related illness.

...and they have no proof that wifi is the cause because it is impossible. They also lack the scientific knowledge to understand how and why it is impossible.

By the way... show me your source (proof) for that information.

I mean, it is extremely ignorant to deploy WiFi waves that obviously have some effect on the immediate environment because they are WAVES affecting MATTER, and then to claim that they don't affect us.

Do you even understand HOW the waves effect matter?

The matter absorbs the waves, and it causes the electrons of the matter to speed up (heat up). That is all.

Wifi devices have a very low specific absorption rate so you will NEVER feel the HEAT. Even if you were sensitive enough to detect wifi with your body all you would ever feel is HEAT.

They do affect us, more so if you actually realize it is going on.

More so if you realize it is going on???
So the wifi signal gets stronger and effects you more when you "know"....

You just proved it is all MENTAL. You just illustrated the nocebo effect.

edit on 1-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

"Those who dance, are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music"
- Neitzche (George Carlin said it too)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yes, the music is called science and clearly you can't hear it.

What you are claiming is not only impossible, but if it was possible you would be so overwhelmed by natural electromagnetic radiation all day every day to the point that you can not distinguish one source from another. So your theory of being able to sense wifi signals fails not once but twice.

Your short reply to my last post speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm not the only person stating this either.

Yes, I know. There are many people who suffer from the same delusions you are suffering from.

Apparently I'm amongst the delusional. I lived under high tension lines for 7 years. I watched the people who twitched as they walked down the sidewalk in front of my house. I watch the people that spastically "mf" "gd" every time they walked in front of my house. I noted that every other house in my area had either been abandoned, recently torn down, absentee landlord w/ high turnover, fixed income medical issues, or just recently rebuilt as a HUD home. My toes tingled when I watered my yard. I counted the amazing number of people that paused, fumble, flick, inhale cigarette, then continue... every day in the in the same spot, in the very middle of the vortex. My house had sat abandoned for 15 years before I acquired it. I got headaches 5 days a week. I twitched myself awake at night. My right shoulder was always sore and tense. So was my wife's. So were many of my neighbors. The gauss meter read levels above those acceptable for residential areas in Canada and the EU... but this was the good ole unregulated USA so everything is "fine". It seemed like everyone had some kind of medical ailment; brain cancer, thyroid issues, chronic headaches and backaches. My headache would go away when I left home and come back when I returned. The sound of crackling bacon in a hot frying pan every time a storm moved through. There was a spot in front of my home, out on the asphalt so intensely electrically vortexed/charged that I bet you I couldn't pay you $300 to stand there for a full day, anybody I took to that spot KNEW they were there and most quickly backed away.

The vortex was real, it was right where I knew it was before I even got my meter. It had a clairevisual aura to it.

Then I moved. No headaches. No parkinsons like twitching. My wife doesn't complain about her neck anymore. And I can water the dandelions without my tingling toes.

call it what you will...

the cognitively dissonant or is it delusional,

Sri Oracle

"Radiation is the Sixth Sense" has been in my signature since I became an ATS member.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have posted this before a year or so ago, figured it's useful info for this thread;

When installing some top of the line, commercial cisco wireless routers, there was a special process to turn them on. The first sticker you see is 'radios shipped disabled' and in the manual it states 'do not place body within 50cm of device while operating'. These were new 'n' type higher frequency access points. The radios were remotely enabled once you were off the ladder to reduce exposure...

I'd say cellphones at similarly high frequencies and reasonably high output powers (if not more in some cases) are no better, just they don't ship with radios disabled. I have a feeling cisco was worried about possible litigation, so if it applies to them, it applies to any other high frequency, moderate power microwave emitter.

edit to add:
cellphones. I have poor sleep if I accidentally leave them on nearby. After many nights of crappy sleep and waking up to find a cellphone next to me, I simply tried turning them off, problem solved. Placebo effect... or not. Many other times after that, one of us would leave our cellphone on.. that very night again, I'd have a crappy sleep, not knowing a cellphone was on; then would wake up and 'whooops' - was always a very clear correlation between cellphones in close proximity and bad sleeping patterns for me. Has anyone else noticed this? Sure there are microwaves all around us in the air from radar, cell towers, stars etc, but not as concentrated as a point source transmitter next to you. Or next to your genitals in your pocket.. I remember figures of 100x more background microwave radiation than during industrial revolution.

I get titchy and stressy working in high frequency, artificial em environments (used to be stuck next to enough servers to run this website and a few others..), however hard drives and power supplies especially grind my goat. I have diagnosed laptops with faulty hard drives simply by holding my hand above them to feel the field. 'BS' I hear you say! As the nervous system relies on electrical impulses, em signals from other objects are entirely able to be recieved through your nervous system, so once you are attuned to it, many things can be detected this way. Faulty hard drives have a spiking, slowly repeating field as they try seek and fail, seek and fail... this differs from usual smooth 'seek seek seek seek seek' behaviour.

Crystals and other field generators are not much different in their EM radiating however generally much nicer and more attuned to your body. Crystals naturally vibrate and are used to make the computer work that you are reading this with. The main processor and many other components are man made sillicon crystal....

Hope this is of interest to some... any questions just fire away!
edit on 2/6/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

What you are claiming is not only impossible, but if it was possible you would be so overwhelmed by natural electromagnetic radiation all day every day to the point that you can not distinguish one source from another. So your theory of being able to sense wifi signals fails not once but twice.

Firstly for standard transverse electromagnetic waves, the power at your position is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source. So all this EM mush around us is quite low in power compared to a point source next to us or in our house. Wifi signals are much higher frequency than natural earth electromagnetic fields so would be easier detected by your nervous system (as it stands out). I don't personally detect WLAN signals that I know of, however cellphones disrupt my sleep. Another related high freq EM topic is to look into terahertz radiation unzipping dna sequences. Guess where terahertz radiation has just been installed; American airports...

I guess this high level EM radiation thing will turn out just like the 'radioactive water jars' of the 50's... time will tell. Tesla had it right with low frequency, longditudinal EM waves, just like the earth has. 100 years later the western scientists are still beating the dead, primitive, old, transverse EM horse. We'd be colonising the universe if not.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

My post was short because I didn't feel like replying to all of your empericist rambling on my mobile.

Please, explain more to me about your "science" because I happen to be a university student involved in many different sciences ranging from astronomy to political ideals (and instead of focusing on one, I prefer to study how all are related).

The main thing that I've learned about technical science is that it only accepts what fits into the general theory. I'm not saying science is wrong, but it certainly does NOT explain everything. If science (man's research) was perfect, then we would be perfect too.

And when it comes to science, it is directly by a very authoritan community. A lot of it is even lobbied and manipulated through funding (especially if something is both profitable and dangerous); this is especially true when science has been mostly privatized by corporations or hidden from the public via secret government projects.

Reading a textbook might be comforting for you, but in the end you're just blindly following the religion of the atheists (my term). I have experienced so much that modern science could not ever even hope to possibly explain, and would rather rationalize such experiences with rediculous explainations (in fact, rationalization itself is a psychological defense mechanism, so I guess I can say that science is just mankind's automatic psychological defense mechanism to explain anything to make ourselves feel like we are on top of things when we are, in fact, not).

So I could go on about my own experiences that modern science has no explaination for (detecting WiFi being one of them), but when it comes to discussing an issue with a scientific fundamentalist such as yourself, it is clearly the base ideals of understanding that matter.

But one piece of advice: don't ever go on a psychadelic experience. You'll tune into so many incoming artificial waves that your head will probably explode from trying to comprehend what is going on. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Electromagnetic fields have been correlated with ill health affects if strong enough. High EMF waves can make people feel like someone is watching them, even induce hallucinations. This is why houses with high EMF waves, feel "haunted" to people that are sensitive to them.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You entire post is basically hogwash and a waste of my time. Your reply is a common reply by someone who can't back up their claims scientifically so they just bash on science itself. It's quite pathetic.

By the way, everything I know was learned from experiments, and it just so happens that the experiments confirm what is said in the textbooks. Textbooks are not just information that is spoon fed like you were spoon fed to believe. They consist of years and years of scientific tests and observations.

All you people who think they can detect WIFI signals have been scientifically proven to be psycho with many tests and observations. That is a fact.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I never once said EVER that electromagnetic force, and electromagnetic radiation doesn't effect the body.

I am saying that WIFI and even cell phone radio transmissions are NOT strong enough for a human body to detect. PERIOD. There is no mechanism for your body to detect such weak forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join