It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does a TROLL admit when he is wrong?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I will make this short and sweet. (I hope).

I believe I was just accused of being a troll. I was just engaged in a couple of threads. I had several windows open at the bottom of my internet explorer. I goofed and put the wrong link up in a reply to another thread. A sure sign that it was time to take a smoke break.

I apologized and edited my post.

So here is the million dollar question.

Does a troll apologize?

I am just curious on everybody's take on "Trolling". I will admit that some of my posts are "trollish," but I do like to contribute linkable material.

You can troll away. It is alright.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I will make this short and sweet. (I hope).

I believe I was just accused of being a troll. I was just engaged in a couple of threads. I had several windows open at the bottom of my internet explorer. I goofed and put the wrong link up in a reply to another thread. A sure sign that it was time to take a smoke break.

I apologized and edited my post.

So here is the million dollar question.

Does a troll apologize?

I am just curious on everybody's take on "Trolling". I will admit that some of my posts are "trollish," but I do like to contribute linkable material.

You can troll away. It is alright.

My take on trolling is that, despite being aware of the truth, they choose to post a lie and pretend it is the truth.

In that instance, I don't believe that a troll would apologise. Their post was never about right or wrong, probably more about fame (or infamy).

Slayer had a good post on trolls not too long ago.

edit on 31/5/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Troll is just another way of saying I don't agree with your opinion.
Have you been called a disinfo agent yet?
I have gotten that a few times.
Where is my disinfo paycheck?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

My take on trolling is that, despite being aware of the truth, they choose to post a lie and pretend it is the truth.

I like that explanation.

I really only wish for the truth. But you know how it is.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

It has been a long time.

I would love to be paid to post. "information"

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think that if your willing to admit to an honest mistake then its not really trolling. However if you keep saying there was no mistake when the "proof" if you will has been pointed out then it's trolling

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caintic
I think that if your willing to admit to an honest mistake then its not really trolling. However if you keep saying there was no mistake when the "proof" if you will has been pointed out then it's trolling

I agree.

I just wanted some opinions. It seems that the word troll has many faces(definitions) here on ATS.

Thank you for your input.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
if you have to ask...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I could be wrong because I have been before.
But seriously what secret agency is going to waste resources to have people troll and debunk on ATS.
There are enough people that do this already without any incentive.
besides I always thought disinformation was spreading false information intermixed with real information so that the
receiver of that information would be utterly confused as to what is real and what is not.
That way people take in the story and spread it along with the false information.
edit on 31-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
However there be trolls in these woods that will not apologize nor will they back up their trolling comments.
second line

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
if you have to ask...

Lol...that was a good one.

Definitely trolling.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

But seriously what secret agency is going to waste resources to have people troll and debunk on ATS.

I don't know. I have seen soem pretty good threads go down the drain.

This is a thread I made a long time ago. Go down to the 13th Zodiac's post. He had an interesting experience here. I think that if you get too close. You get shut off, or down. They are here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

However there be trolls in these woods that will not apologize nor will they back up their trolling comments.
second line

lol..

Made me laugh. Thank you.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Another thing to ask, is it trolling if the person trolling just like to debate with other people? Or like my spouse who likes to argue for the sake of arguing.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Caintic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Another thing to ask, is it trolling if the person trolling just like to debate with other people?

While a good debate is good.

It can go too far. I get to a point where it does not seem worth it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Your right there. There is a point where you have to say enuff is enuff and call it a day. However this will bring out the troll in a person if you don't respond to them.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Troll is just another way of saying I don't agree with your opinion.

Not really true in many cases. I feel there are different levels of troll, but I'll give you an example of a real troll. Just 2 days ago I was browsing through recent Ron Paul videos on youtube and like usual will check a few of the comments. Some people were making coherent, sensible comments about RP's policies and why they'll be voting for him. And this one guy was responding to every person saying that only conspiracy theorist, potheads, 9/11 truthers, and crazy people support Ron Paul; referring to us as "Paultards". I replied to him with a few very logical comments that refuted his non-sensible bullsh!t, and his only responses were that he thinks all pot-heads and conspiracy theorist should be executed, and something else not even related to what I said. It's in clear cases like this that the person is a troll, no questions. There's a big difference between matter of opinion and simply making derogatory statements in order to incite anger/emotion out of other people (which didn't affect me because I like to play along with trolls, humor them if you will).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Didn't you mom ever tell you not to feed the trolls? I do agree that one can have their own thoughts on a subject, but some of the trolls here try to force their thoughts on others.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

And this one guy was responding to every person saying that only conspiracy theorist, potheads, 9/11 truthers, and crazy people support Ron Paul; referring to us as "Paultards". I replied to him with a few very logical comments that refuted his non-sensible bullsh!t, and his only responses were that he thinks all pot-heads and conspiracy theorist should be executed, and something else not even related to what I said.

I think you had a run in with old Bernard Schnitzel.

If you do not know him. He was a serious troll hitting ATS hard every day for weeks.

I agree with what you are saying though.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Does a TROLL admit when he is wrong?

Thats a trick question, a troll is never wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join