It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddaffi sets outline for his exit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Gaddaffi sets outline for his exit

www.en.rian.ru

Libya's strongman Muammar Gaddafi is ready to relinquish power on condition that he and his family are given guarantees of immunity from prosecution, the Arab newspaper Al Sharq Al Awsat reported on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So Gaddaffi is thinking about stepping down, where will this leave the Libyan war? Will peace come or will the globablists look for any excuse to keep fighting? Some of the "rebels" are Al Quaeda! So would we have to start fighting them then? The whole situation is so twisted I have no clue what would happen

Plus, NATO has killed a number of Gaddaffi family members. My guess is that he will not forget that as quickly as most Americans have.

Thoughts?

www.en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Won't happen. Too many people want him dead for him to be able to just "step down"

I see him getting killed in an "accidental" NATO missile strick in Tripoli. Maybe on his way out of the country?

I place all my bets on the fact that he either is killed or "disappears".

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Who knows what will happen, seems like most of the people in Tripoli are behind Gadaffi and probably wont like a western puppet leader in his place. Didn't he give them all weapons? Should be interesting.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Whatever happens.

PEACE WILL PREVAIL!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

He has proved to be quite deft so far, I'm pretty sure Russia would give him and his family asylum. If NATO did want him, they would just send it a hit team after he steps down and say "an angry rebel" killed him. The sheeple would believe that

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

If he steps down, then the rebels won't be able to take power.

That's the problem which is not in the interest of NATO.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

NATO/US wanted him dead in 1986, and they want him dead now. His plans to change the exchange currency, trur or not, are evident of the trouble he is causing. Russia would probably give him asylum, you're right. But, what are the chances he would live long enough to make it there?

But, who knows, maybe he will survive. I just wouldn't count on it personally.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

If this news is true, then it correlates with "President Zuma in Tripoli".

At the moment I'm not quiet sure whether the news of his step down is true.

edit on 31-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

A mass defection of senior military officers puts more pressure on the regime of Col Muammar Gaddafi and Nato is prepared to intensify air strikes. Five generals, two colonels and a major told a news conference in Rome that they fled Libya in protest at the killings of civilians and that Col Gaddafi's military strength had been reduced by 80 per cent.At least 100 more army officers have left Libya in recent days.

source

In light of this mass defection proves that regime collapse is eminent.
Gaddafi needs to get out or face capture,trial and or death.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Good link, possibly related to the Zuma visit.

He is one of Gaddaffi's closest partners, along with Uganda and other smaller African nations

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
NAO knows they have to close the deal soon, many congressman and senators are calling President Obama out on his over reach of the 60 days allotted in the war powers act as well

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

One needs to understand, that even though NATO is trying to topple the Qaddafi regime, it has failed up to now, and is running out of option.

The Libyan regime has an upper hand right now, even though it has not air power unlike NATO and its Pawns.

The Libyan regime has defeated the rebels strategically, even though the rebels have NATO advisors.

To give you some perspective, the Libyan regime forces have captured the important parts of the great man-made river which delivers almost all of Benghazi's water from the Souther Springs. On top of that, the Libyan forces have taken position on higher grounds, putting the rebels in a hugely disadvantageous position. On top of that, the rebels are running out of crude oil. On top of that the rebels are desperately trying to change their names continually to hide their true identity.

The actual armed wing of the rebels were called LNA. The problem with LNA is that the world knows CIA organized and financially supported this group for over 2 decades, to topple the Libyan regime. LNA was the armed wing of National Front for the Salvation of Libya (NFSL). Now the rebels are trying to change their name to NLA (National Liberation Army).

This doesn't change the fact that they are nothing but NATO pawns.

What I'm trying to say above, is that the context for Qaddafi step down is built. The Libyan regime is smart, they know what they are doing, they know the world has seen the rebels as CIA pawns, they know they have strategic advantage, therefore if Qaddafi steps down, it is guaranteed that he will not be replaced by the rebels, which is the end game of NATO.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It looks like President Zuma DID have something to do with Gaddaffi exiting power:

South African President Jacob Zuma said Gadhafi is ready to accept an African Union initiative for a cease-fire that would stop all hostilities, including NATO airstrikes in support of rebel forces. "He is ready to implement the road map," Zuma said. Zuma said Gadhafi insists that "all Libyans be given a chance to talk among themselves" to determine the country's future. He did not say Gadhafi is ready to step down, which is the central demand of the rebels. He was speaking to reporters from South African and Libyan TV, which broadcast his remarks late Monday.

Link

reply to post by confreak

Yes, I remember reading about the Great man made river Gaddaffi forces now control. Maybe that is the reason the are not bringing in attack helicopters and 2,000 pound pound bombs?

edit on 31-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Mummar Ghaddafi needs to file a lawsuit or something against NATO and the USA for murdering his grandsons.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You know what happen?

He heard them damn APACHES COMING...

chopchopchopchopchopchopchop

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by reD3vil
Mummar Ghaddafi needs to file a lawsuit or something against NATO and the USA for murdering his grandsons.

I don't like Gaddafi himself, but I agree with you there

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This whole Libyan affair has been nothing more than a Western backed coup / uprising / civil war from day one.
That much has been plain to see for anyone paying attention.

Get the uprising going, bomb the crap out of everything, civilian infrastructure included (against international law), then once the dust settles move in and have the IMF hand out loans for rebuilding. Of course, that will put the people in hock for generations and the rebuilding contracts will go to Western corporations under the usual IMF terms. Don't expect the oil revenue to pay for any rebuilding either as that will also be in the hands of, and controlled by, Western corporations. Oh, and they'll need boots on the ground, both military and "private security" to protect the investment... all paid for by us, the taxpayers...once again!

Old Gadaffi will be marched through a kangaroo court with no opportunity to spill the beans about anything that will be damaging to those Western nations prosecuting him, as they did with Saddam Hussein before him. The Lockerbie bombing will be found to have been ordered by Gadaffi himself and everything will be tied off in a neat little package....game over!

The people of Libya will get Western democracy, with all it's associated corruption, a Western private central bank to bleed them dry and sit and watch their revenue sources handed to Western corporations. Nice little earner for a select few, at the expense of many, both in our own nations taking part in this raping of a sovereign nation, and in that nation itself. Proving once again that war is good for business.... if you happen to have the right investments, like our sociopathic politicians and bankers do!

edit on 31-5-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The people of Libya will get Western democracy, with all it's associated corruption, a Western private central bank to bleed them dry and sit and watch their revenue sources handed to Western corporations. Nice little earner for a select few, at the expense of many, both in our own nations taking part in this raping of a sovereign nation, and in that nation itself. Proving once again that war is good for business.... if you happen to have the right investments, like our sociopathic politicians and bankers do!

edit on 31-5-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

Whilst I concur with the rest of your post, I do not think western democracy will prevail in any majority Islamic country.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

One needs to understand, that even though NATO is trying to topple the Qaddafi regime, it has failed up to now, and is running out of option.

The Libyan regime has an upper hand right now, even though it has not air power unlike NATO and its Pawns.

The Libyan regime has defeated the rebels strategically, even though the rebels have NATO advisors.

To give you some perspective, the Libyan regime forces have captured the important parts of the great man-made river which delivers almost all of Benghazi's water from the Souther Springs. On top of that, the Libyan forces have taken position on higher grounds, putting the rebels in a hugely disadvantageous position. On top of that, the rebels are running out of crude oil. On top of that the rebels are desperately trying to change their names continually to hide their true identity.

The actual armed wing of the rebels were called LNA. The problem with LNA is that the world knows CIA organized and financially supported this group for over 2 decades, to topple the Libyan regime. LNA was the armed wing of National Front for the Salvation of Libya (NFSL). Now the rebels are trying to change their name to NLA (National Liberation Army).

This doesn't change the fact that they are nothing but NATO pawns.

What I'm trying to say above, is that the context for Qaddafi step down is built. The Libyan regime is smart, they know what they are doing, they know the world has seen the rebels as CIA pawns, they know they have strategic advantage, therefore if Qaddafi steps down, it is guaranteed that he will not be replaced by the rebels, which is the end game of NATO.

I need to save this large delusional quote to my hard drive.
Especially the part about the Libyan regime is smart.
I will throw it in your face later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join