It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REVOLUTION...think again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Before reading through this I would like everyone here to make a subtle realization that when I say "they" you will have a gut intuition feeling that there is indeed a "they" and you will acknowledge them as "they" in your psyche. Everyone has their own "they" in their mind...

so THEY do exist...

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. -Plato
He is referring to "Public Affairs" NOT "politics" which unfortunately people cannot differentiate anymore.

All the previous worlds experienced "revolutions" have brought us to yet another "revolution". This leads me to believe that a "revolution" is a highly inefficient and unsustainable way to bring about the end of something and the start of something as apparently we keep having the need to have them and thus act in very predictable manners.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

History shows that revolutions whether peaceful or violent lead to the need for yet another revolution...at some point...again in the future.

I have elaborated on the definition of Insanity over my career working with the criminally insane.

Insanity - KNOWINGLY doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results"
Stupidity - UNKNOWINGLY doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results"

we can no longer use stupidity and ignorance as an excuse to deny our insanity.

Having said that I must ask everyone here who believes in "revolution" as the answer to consider the fact that we are where we are today because the previous revolution failed to secure its intentions whatever they were. You might just be insane to think any solution gained from a revolution is sustainable.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

what a viscous cycle to live in...

I personally don't see revolution as a solution as "they" (revolts) are easily hijacked and maneuvered in a manner that alludes everyone to thinking "problem solved" or "yay we won!" when all you really did is break a lot of stuff and forgot how to live without all the stuff you just broke...

"Warmaking doesn't stop warmaking. If it did, our problems would have stopped millennia ago." -- Colman McCarthy

I think there is a reason that "revolutions" are perpetuated as "glorious" and "progressive" towards a "better world"...or at least that is the impression of revolutions that was put on me throughout school. I think it sets the stage for an obvious approach to solving "world" sized issues...

If not then why is it that everyone seems to have almost a mental constipation of how to "fix the problem" without having to resort to the obvious regurgitated high school American history lecture...

"The answer to 1984 is 1776" Alex Jones
ring a bell?

Anyone who thinks they know something about how history went down thinks the revolution installed the constitution that apparently in the end...doesn't matter anymore which is why some on here are calling for yet another revolution solution to install yet another piece of paper solution that I'm sure will yield the same damn results...and thus the cycle continues.

The more I think about the "options" to "fixing the problem" the more I feel they are too incredibly obvious, predictable and ultimately impractical. Which means they have been thought of and accounted for and prepared for by those who really would rather avoid a REAL CHANGE to the ORDER of THINGS...

I mean really think about it what really has changed from the old world to the new world other than your gadgets?

as far as I can see the concept is still the same the few...over the many.

Its blatantly obvious NOW because this game is almost over and its time for a new one but to start over someone has to clean the game board with a revolution.

Then they can start the new game with new rules and different playing pieces and colored squares, maybe even a spinner instead of dice...but ultimately and always the same concept with the same ultimate goal of the few over the many...

in every decision you make in your life you have two choices upon which to base them on...

fear...and love...

and they perpetuate themselves...

The world is afraid right now, its:
economically afraid,
World war three afraid
terrorism afraid
false flag attack afraid
alien invasion from where the hell ever afraid
blue beam afraid
earthquake afraid
tsunami afraid
police brutality afraid
rioting afraid
false puppet president afraid
2012 afraid
May 21 wait no Oct 21 rapture afraid
stock market crash afraid
joblessness afraid
GMO afraid
Chemtrail afraid
Elenin afraid

so many things to be afraid of, so many choices being made in fear out of fear inducing more fear...

If ANY of those listed things actually came to fruition, wouldn't you regret?

regret the time in which spent on ATS avoiding your family or friends?
regret the time you spent stockpiling and hoarding and preparing to live without them?
regret the decision to live in a hole in the ground with top ramen with only the consolation of "i knew it!! TSHTF!!"
regret the decision to spend money on a bunker to do the above? instead of just simply doing what you LOVE that moment in time?

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”: FDR

Thread I authored a while ago that coincides with this one.
FEAR

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I agree, revolution isn't needed, what really is needed is making money less of a factor in who gets listened to and who doesn't.

And the news needs to be honest and quit reporting everything with a corporatist slant on it. Oh wait, we don't follow our own anti-trust laws that were put in place to stop this. The media has become the golden calf of justification. We can all do bad things, we will create a new word to describe the crisis and make it sound like someone just made a bad decision. Then slowly stop reporting about the subject, and it disappears. You don't have to get off your ass, you just sit down and hear a word from our sponsors.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Brother, that was an awesome post, and it's so true.

I fear another revolution IS coming, only it will include horrors on a scale never seen before. During the Revolutionary War and the War of Northern Aggression (Civil War,) entire towns were burnt to the ground by invading troops, and hundreds died, even thousands. Today, if something similar were to happen, MILLIONS will die; not only because the weapons of today can vaporize a city in the blink of an eye, but because people today aren't prepared to live any way other than how they are living now.

During previous revolutions, the population was largely agrarian - they lived off of the land. Today however, they only means most Americans have to feed themselves is to run to Mickey D's or Walmart to buy prepackaged food. I doubt that 1% of ordinary Americans even know how to grow a garden, can food, and hunt in order to feed themselves and their family. When the JIT (Just in Time) delivery system breaks down, gasoline will be impossible to find, store shelves will empty in a matter of hours, life-saving medicines will disappear, and people not killed immediately will die much slower deaths from starvation and disease.

Today, if you get pink eye, you just go to see a doctor, he writes a script for Vancomycin, and voila' you're cured. The day after the revolution begins, if you get pink eye you may very well go blind. Diabetics will die wholesale because they no longer have a source of insulin, and you can forget about antibiotics to cure your chest infection - you're going to die from pneumonia.

It's coming, and it's not going to be pretty. People must absolutely wake up and learn how to provide for themselves, because nobody else is going to do it for them.

Again, great post. S&F,

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So you say we should all abandon our efforts to inform and change the world around us because its all futile?

I refuse to give into this notion.

We live in an "advanced" world. I use the word advanced relatively to previous times. With the knowledge we have obtained, we know we can develop new and revolutionary ways of thinking. With the technology we obtained we now we can develop new ways to supply the population with their needs and desires. So why dont we?

Oh right, that oppressive government/society thing...

So how do you dismiss the idea that a revolution is an unnecessary thing? Things are going badly, and they are only getting worse. You seem like a smart individual, you are aware there are many more types of revolutions than a violent one, right?

Imagine this; a new Renaissance, where the peoples of a community work together to support one another. Work towards developing the intellects and ability of others and providing each others needs. Where people realize that dominion over each other is inhumane and detrimental, an environment where everyone has the ability to develop to their full potential. An enlightenment that obtains true liberty, freedom, and happiness.

Now look around you. Is this the world you live in? No, it is not.

We need a change, and this will not occur without a sort of "revolution".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Over and over and over. Patterns repeating and repeating. Cycles cycling.
Isn't cognitive science suggesting lately that 98% of what we commonly consider consciousness, is really nothing more than unconscious/subconscious living out of learned patterns and routines?
True or not, this theory suggests we have had a lot less freedom all along than we thought we had. The Political Mind : Why You Can't Understand 21st-Century American Politics with an 18th-Century Brain, ISBN 978-0670019274

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
So you say we should all abandon our efforts to inform and change the world around us because its all futile?

I refuse to give into this notion.

We live in an "advanced" world. I use the word advanced relatively to previous times. With the knowledge we have obtained, we know we can develop new and revolutionary ways of thinking. With the technology we obtained we now we can develop new ways to supply the population with their needs and desires. So why dont we?

Oh right, that oppressive government/society thing...

So how do you dismiss the idea that a revolution is an unnecessary thing? Things are going badly, and they are only getting worse. You seem like a smart individual, you are aware there are many more types of revolutions than a violent one, right?

Imagine this; a new Renaissance, where the peoples of a community work together to support one another. Work towards developing the intellects and ability of others and providing each others needs. Where people realize that dominion over each other is inhumane and detrimental, an environment where everyone has the ability to develop to their full potential. An enlightenment that obtains true liberty, freedom, and happiness.

Now look around you. Is this the world you live in? No, it is not.

We need a change, and this will not occur without a sort of "revolution".

I think you misinterpreted what I was getting at. Ultimately what I am saying is all previous revolutions have led us here...to this point in time in which all previous revolutions purposes and goals are unfulfilled for the most part.

so what was the point? the few STILL rule the many and I foresee this to be the case EVEN after any modern day "revolution"

when I refer to revolution I am referring to the definition of revolution set by the past up to present...so basically ALL violent.

There needs to be a change I agree and you can call it a mental/spiritual revolution in which people are simply informed or educated or enlightened but for that revolution to be felt it will boil down to action/inaction which unfortunately I think throughout history has shown to be ineffective...

and I am sorry so sorry to say I'm not sure what the solution is...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I am not a revolutionary, myself. Even in refering to revolution, the concept I have in mind englobes revolutions of many kidns, many levels- those that happen in countries, in communities, in families, in any grouping of people, and those that happen on a personal, individual scale (interiorized revolutions).

But my perceptions is that change is constant, and that is spiral- it has cycles it repeats through. Again, that is refering to global changes or personal ones.

Each thing having a positive and negative side to it, our experience in linear time indicates we experience them at different times, and travel through one than the other, and just like the symbol of Yin and Yang, each side has moments when they are most extreme, and moments when they are balanced.

There are moments of transition, which we can choose to experience as a violent contrast, or simply a smoother transition, but it doesn't change the road we shall travel upon ultimately. Whether we're talking personal transitions or those of a nation.

My personal preference is one of integration which results in more subtle transitions, but some people prefer the exciting contrast of the less subtle! I even have some areas in life where I like to see the contrast and enhance the experience- like leaving the cleaning or dusting for a while before I do it- I like cleaning half the dusty table and seeing clearly what I did. I find it all the more pleasurable to sit in my clean living room when I've had a couple days of it being messy. My senses and awareness are more focused on the experience when there is contrast.

So I get it, those who like a more clashing and contrasting change which is a bit violent for the senses. Intensity.

But ultimately I do not agree that these transitions are in vain! The kinds of changes are acheived! BUT as with all things, they go through their cycles and we will always come to the perception of the other side of it as well. Freedom will show it's side of bondage, and vice versa, Yin will turn to Yang and vice versa.....

But the generation that chose that particular pattern to experience it WILL, and will thus know it in it's entirety- both sides of it.

And another generation will choose a different pattern or system to experience and learn,
and the cyles shall continue to spiral, the soul learning all things in their polarity.

The only mistakes that I see are in belief in ideals- that any system is perfect and superior to all others,
Or that change shall ever stop.

Even in talking less violent revolution- cultural revolution, you'll still see it happen and travel through being great, to being not good. My parents' generation did a cultural revolution, and they really got the best part of it and enjoyed the changes ! From all the duty and structure their parents had to live within, they freed themselves to experience the freedom of individual creative expression as adults themselves. And my generation got the tail end of that and percieved it's other side- narcissistic self absorbtion and lack of responsibility in relation to others.

So we bring in changes too (and I think we have and are right now) which opposes what they put into action, and my children shall see the other side of that and instill something different (probably closer to what my parents focused on, with their own twist.....).
edit on 31-5-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

this is a great reply and touches on several concepts I too believe in. I agree that contrast is necessary for understanding and enlightenment to take place.

you are right from a phylosophical stand point that for people to truly understand freedom/liberty they must first understand opression.

I guess I have known this for a very long time now and wonder why must I endure the lesson being taught that I have already learned?

new topics

top topics

join