It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are They Doing Here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hello there fellow conspiracy theorists, this thread is to discuss what we can do to hopefully expose certain agenda driven behavior on ATS.

While i totally respect that ATS is public domain and appreciate different views, i must question some members motive. I considered naming these members but i think most are aware who the main players are and i may be in breach of T+Cs in doing so.

ATS is predominantly a conspiracy based site, this is the place to come when things seem they are not as they are being reported. When one believes they may be being lied to by those elected essentially to protect us.

From Nibiru/Elenin and Project Bluebeam to Haarp and Chemtrail related theories this is where the like minded come to share alternate views. Some here may be anti-government, some total skeptics, and some may be totally deluded. Regardless it is totally understandable why they are here.

What is not understandable is why certain members who do not believe in any conspiracies consistently reappear to debunk, disprove and even ridicule those of us who disagree with a certain government/NASA view.

Why do obviously intelligent individuals who believe the official line on all issues flood certain topics often in unison just as a thread is gaining momentum? What motivates them to dedicate so much time to influence those that believe they smell a rat? The amount of time and effort used by these types doesnt seem to justify the means.

So what are they doing here?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I know there are obvious answers to my questions but im getting more frustrated of late, they are just so incessant.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Its a discussion forum... not a forum where everyone replies "I agree mate" for 23 pages.

I guess we have to have the other side of the coin... I'm an historian for instance, if I see something I know its wrong I tell ppl, but that doesnt stop ppl from believing what they want to believe. That abydos recarving for instance... ppl still say its "space ships" and representations of helicopters in ancient egypt. Well... to each his own.

Its not debunking, sometimes is just really a flash of reality... and some ppl just refuse it.
edit on 30-5-2011 by FraternitasSaturni because: Spelling

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I agree with you one hundred percent, and I think we know who they are. The usual suspects gather on certain threads immediately, no matter what time of day or night. Makes you wonder, don't they have a life? Strange, eh?

One in particular annoys the #*$ out of me. Seems fairly smart, even eloquent at times, so is not just some crazy idiot in his mom's basement, yet seems to have NOTHING ELSE TO DO but debunk threads on a lunatic conspiracy website, 24/7, and always toeing the official party line. And everyone seems to revere this poser as some kind of scientist or something. But I have to wonder, if he's so smart, doesn't he have anything better to do? And the rest of the gang that do the same.

I know it sounds like the epitome of delusional paranoid conspiracy phobias, but they seem like they must be GETTING PAID TO DO IT. In other words, govt shills. There, I said it!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Would you prefer that everyone believed every nonsensical idea or theory, while not allowing logical thought or common sense into the equation?

Every theory would be completely useless if everybody agreed with it, and nobody questioned it's validity.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Then debate those that disagree is it more acceptable to just take a conspiracy as fact more so then an official line? To me we should question everything regardless of who it comes from. To be honest with you this site has opened my eye's and I was a very closed minded person. I am no longer and that is thanks to the countless debates, to say let's get rid of them because heaven forbid they believe in something is like saying the same thing for those that believe in the conspiracy. It's just reticulum I'm sorry you are offended by debate but for some it sheds light where there would be darkness.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

No i would not.
A logical mind would agree that most here were drawn by a specific topic and that they would believe in some and not in others, i am refering to those members who believe in none.
I would like to draw attention to their motive.
edit on 30-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
they seem like they must be GETTING PAID TO DO IT. In other words, govt shills. There, I said it!

No need for that, since the internet is flooded with millions of idiots all around the globe that will do it for free.

Dis-info is a term that continues to be dragged through the dirt. A majority of the time that you see the term 'dis-info agent,' is when it is someone who has no actual argument or facts to support their beliefs. Since they have nothing to back up their claims, they cannot debate the subject in a reasonable manner. It is very difficult for most people to admit that they were wrong, so many will resort to declaring that it must be dis-info agents at work.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That does seem to be true wherever you go though- opposites attract! Every Chrsitian themed board has some strong atheists that hang out there to challenge them, for example.

That can be irritating if the theme is your "thing" in a strong way.

For me, I am very into moderation in all things, and I have come to really appreciate the balancing effect this has for observers. We can be exposed to both sides of the coin, to one extreme and the other, and do the work ourselves of working out expansion of mind with keeping ones feet on the ground. I am not very likely to agree completely with either extreme position in most cases. But I like hearing the pro's and con's on something, I like observing and taking part in debates. I find that it allows me a more global view of a concept.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Yes i agree the term is deffinately over used and most often wrongly.
Do you trust anyone who believes or purposes to believe all official lines?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I kinda agree with you, but I think having both sides of the coin, or rather different perspectives of the topic discussed, will enable any reader, to make a fair judgment on the given topic.

The more presented perspectives you have on certain topic will only be beneficial as you are in a better position to make the best possible judgment to believe or not to believe.

That applies to all concerned, including me.

Peace

edit on 30-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Haven't we been warned that the government is sending out infiltrators? I believe that's what we're seeing; and you're probably thinking of the same people I'm thinking of.

Discussing evidence of wrongdoing in high places--well, you gotta expect this sort of thing. Annoying as hell. But I think it just shows how sensitive some of these subjects are to the wrongdoers....

ETA: Unless... You know, it's entirely possible that the "official stories" and outward appearance of things that TPTB would have us believe is just the simple truth of things, and these guys are just here to straighten us out. We may just be all wrong. Perhaps we should reconsider our views. Submit to the "good guys" and repent....

Naaaah....
edit on 5/30/2011 by Ex_CT2 because:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

If there are really disinfo agents posting here, then we be happy for they only make the topic valid for us.

I'm sure we'd know, if someone is trying hard to debunk the obvious. It happens a lot, sadly.

But despite that, people should gear up on their "disinfo BS" detectors.

Peace
edit on 30-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

This site would be very boring if we all agreed. I have been proven incorrect many times and am much wiser for being here, i am in no way anti debate and encourage it like most. I have been specific in my OP as to who or what i do not encourage.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
if the government cares enough to pay people to put out bs info on sites like ATS and are getting paid to do it, then we wouldn't be able to really know who the "shills" were, right?
If there are paid disinfo agents on this site, it's probably not who we think it is...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
if the government cares enough to pay people to put out bs info on sites like ATS and are getting paid to do it, then we wouldn't be able to really know who the "shills" were, right?
If there are paid disinfo agents on this site, it's probably not who we think it is...

I kind of agree, except in every profession there are basically 3 types of employees: (1) Folks who are dedicated and skilled at what they do, (2) the Gomer Pyle type- overly exuberant but dumb as a brick, and (3) Lazy, lazy, lazy, don't about the outcome--'just lemme make quota by payday.'

Those (1's) would be hard to spot for sure, but (2's) and (3's) ...would be a leeetle bit too quick to jump in to debunk, perhaps come down hard on the OP and/or sources, but provide little or no debunking material to back up their claims (unless their own dismissive remarks count, which essentially makes their belief system their source/proof.)

Just my opinion for what it's worth. I've never started a thread because of the WAY some people nay-say. Enough of them are rude and condescending to convince me to keep my thread-startin-secrets safely tucked away in my own lil brain, thank you very much!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think the OP should change the colour of his lure, the fish certainly are not biting today.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

Yes i agree the term is deffinately over used and most often wrongly.
Do you trust anyone who believes or purposes to believe all official lines?

[color=E55451]I trust no one.

When I was younger(teenager), I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt. I trusted everyone until they gave me a reason not too. At the time, this seemed like a good idea. After many occasions of being hurt and getting screwed, I decided to flip that concept around the other direction.

Trust no one, until they prove that they are trustworthy. A much safer notion. This mainly applies to people in general. When referring to the internet, and faceless figures behind an avatar, it's practically impossible to prove.

As a more direct answer to this question, I would say that it would be ridiculous to trust anybody, based solely on their beliefs. Belief and trust, do not relate to one another.

[color=E55451]Trust no one.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
For me their here for the same reason a punching bag is in a gym.

edit on 31-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i think some are confusing disagreeing and debunking
Far be it for someone to disagree and actually NOT be a shill.

Believing in conspiracies or alternate things doenst mean you must believe in ALL. Take the UFO section for example, many of the "debunkers" are actually believers and claim to be abductees. They simply want more pure evidence and not the mud ( hoaxes and nonsense) clouding the waters.

I dont see how this is so hard to figure out..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join