It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the "Sudden Death" Thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Man, I bookmarked that so I could have time to read it later, I just got around to reading it and it's been shut down? What's the deal? There's like a million threads on here, and most of them are boring, repetitive, and just totally unimportant to me. Now some crazy dude that claims to be part of a race living on the inside of our planet who's agenda over the years was to watch mankind destroy one another, while they sit around inside our planet, abducting random jet pilots who happen to fly over the Bermuda Triangle.

Seriously, this guy said they are going to destroy our "evil" race. Some people understandably had their doubts and voiced said doubts, so he goes on about how we are an inherently evil race because we don't believe some jerk who tries to scare people on the internet, and that we deserve our fate.

Plus the guy didn't seem to understand how it gets hotter as you go south, but yet Antarctica is a frozen wasteland. Apparently he missed that day back in 4th grade where that was covered. I would also assume that means he lives in the upper hemisphere of our planet...probably in a basement at his mom's house...not unlike myself...but at least I don't try to scare people on the internets.

Anywhooooo, it was a pretty well written bit, but there were some spelling and gramatical mistakes. Not that I'm above making those sorts of mistakes, but I don't claim to be a part of an inner earth dwelling species that puppetts the world leaders on the surface into doing my deeds, just so one day soon I can destroy my very own puppets...and billions of other innocent folks because mine is the superior race.

Well...to make a long thread short, I just wanted to punk him a little, as I'm sure others did as well, and I wouldn't mind if it were reopened.

But if he's really part of some superior race living inside the earth, maybe he'll find a more far reaching forum to propogate his end of the world scenario...like the Elen Degeneris show, or CNN, or the his god damn Facebook wall.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I didn't read the thread but he was probably a troll.
The people of ATS like the truth and don't like to get there leg pulled
by some one who thinks ATS is a creative writing class.
So members are generally quick to call b.s. and the staff at that point takes action.

I can't say this was the case with the thread you are referring to im only taking a guess since I didn't get a chance to read it.

All types of charlatans have come to ATS trying to peddle their fantasy's.
But it is nice that ATS is usually quick to pull the plug on this type of nonsense.
Other forums are not so fortunate.
edit on 30-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

You should take a gander at it. It'll probably give you a chuckle.

I agree that most BS threads should be pulled promptly, but this one was just too well written and comical. Everyone should have had a chance to respond.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

I thought you said it was 404'd?
Id love to take a gander.

edit on 30-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
yeah just type in sudden death in the search and for me it was the second result.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

So you created a thread to ask where another thread was BEFORE you even searched for it using ATS search?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
IF you read the thread it's still there.

It looks like people couldn't play nice in there, go figure.

It says it's closed for staff review but it also looks as though the OP has been banned.

Oh well...things happen.

People need to learn to post in a civil manner with threads like that but the majority don't and many times they get closed because all people do is name call and argue.

top topics

join