It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message, Part I

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I am sorry Vicky, but gabby is right. The "love" emanating from you is akin to Bubba waiting for someone in his prison cell. If you say something like "I love everyone, but regard valid criticism as trolling", you are not being honest with yourself. A sure sign of a wolf in sheep's clothing. I would have a lot more respect for you if you just said outright that you are a self righteous, hateful christian with its fingers in its ears going LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG YOU ARE AN ATHIEST TROLL. I am amazed that bogomil has been able to remain so civil with you. You however will not get the same treatment from me.

[*SNIP*]

Mod edit: Removed personal attacks.
The end to hate speech, subtle or otherwise.
edit on 6/22/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow, cantcha just rub your hands over the warmth coming from these anti-Christians?

Off to the complaint dept. with that one.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
Wow, cantcha just rub your hands over the warmth coming from these anti-Christians?

Off to the complaint dept. with that one.

Obviously you consider everyone not accepting your conditions as 'anti'.

Personally I'm often being exposed to more or less justified character defamations; I have sofar stood on my own. If you join the game in a debate-forum, opposition follows sooner or later. If you want no opposition or no criticism, there are better places with some degree of censorship.

I find it typical of many theists/christians to threaten with divine retribution, if I criticize them. "Just you wait and see, what 'god' will do to you later".

And recently a more mundane version has manifested. The cavalry is called in; moderators are expected to protect christian missionaries from the bad, bad critics. But crying wolf can have its backlashes.

If the promoted product is so bad, that consumer insight must be declared 'intolerance' to make it possible to push the product at all, it's bad PR. A product should be able to sell itself on its merits.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Personally I'm often being exposed to more or less justified character defamations; I have sofar stood on my own. If you join the game in a debate-forum, opposition follows sooner or later. If you want no opposition or no criticism, there are better places with some degree of censorship.

I find it typical of many theists/christians to threaten with divine retribution, if I criticize them. "Just you wait and see, what 'god' will do to you later".

And recently a more mundane version has manifested. The cavalry is called in; moderators are expected to protect christian missionaries from the bad, bad critics. But crying wolf can have its backlashes.

If the promoted product is so bad, that consumer insight must be declared 'intolerance' to make it possible to push the product at all, it's bad PR. A product should be able to sell itself on its merits.

This can be called the "poor pitiful me" technique. Atheists feeling persecuted. Diddums...
As I have said before to you, and will again, grow up! The pity is, that you've stated you've been fighting Christianity for 50 years, which makes you at least 65, probably nearer 70. (The active fighting doesn't usually start until the first time a boy finds religion has hampered his sexual opportunities...)
Chances are if you're still thinking and debating like a 12 year old at 70, then you never will grow up... Pity!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
This can be called the "poor pitiful me" technique. Atheists feeling persecuted. Diddums...
As I have said before to you, and will again, grow up! The pity is, that you've stated you've been fighting Christianity for 50 years, which makes you at least 65, probably nearer 70. (The active fighting doesn't usually start until the first time a boy finds religion has hampered his sexual opportunities...)
Chances are if you're still thinking and debating like a 12 year old at 70, then you never will grow up... Pity!

You said it, Vicky. He's classic passive-aggressive and projecting, like many of them. They dish it out but they can't take it, then accuse everyone with a legitimate grievance of their own faults. It's absolutely psychotic to spend one's life raging against someone they think is non-existent or anyone who believes such. They are obsessed and hypocritical, and as soon as I'm sure I've encountered one I just leave them shreaking into the distance.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

This can be called the "poor pitiful me" technique.

Ah, more tossing out of personal attacks.

Atheists feeling persecuted. Diddums...

You do realize that we are persecuted, right? I mean, there's poor Damen, the boy who had the guts to stand up for his first amendment right to not be forced to sit through a school sponsored prayer at his public high school graduation...and is now ostracized by his community and was kicked out of his own home. Or there's the fact that atheists cannot openly mention that they are atheists in most communities outside of cosmopolitan big cities for fear of loss of employment or patronage at their businesses.

Wow, this is just the most idiotic statement I've found (well, at least today). I started fighting religion for one reason and one reason alone: it hampered my intellectual opportunities. Mainly the opportunity to have what I claim about the world conform to reality.

Of course, you'd rather just toss out personal attacks and bigoted stereotypes, so keep at it. You're making us look better by comparison.

Chances are that I'm not going to stop you from lobbing personal attacks, but I'm going to continue to point it out. To call someone immature because you disagree with them, to claim that their arguments are the same as they were as a child, is that not the more infantile tactic?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

WOOOOO, personal attacks!

I'm sorry, but to make this post something beyond pointing out what should be obvious to anyone with half a brain and critical thinking skills, I'll just elaborate:

You are making baseless personal attacks for no reason beyond someone disagreeing with you. You may call someone stupid, but demonstrate that they're stupid first. Don't just call someone a hypocrite, point out their hypocrisy first.

I'll just call you out on hypocrisy because, ironically enough, the post you just made..well...it applies to you. What's my evidence? The post you just made! It is a self-descriptive post. Projection? Check. Dish it out but can't take it? Check.

Oh, and you're a liar. Why? Because the following is a lie.

It's absolutely psychotic to spend one's life raging against someone they think is non-existent or anyone who believes such.

We don't really spend our lives raging against fictional beings. We don't even spend our time raging against anyone who believes that those being exist. We do oppose certain individuals. The vast majority of the people I call friends and the vast majority of my family? Theists.

Of course, you, like vicky, would rather just toss out the tired old stereotypes that I'm sure someone has corrected you on before....if not, then I take back calling you a liar, you've merely been fed lies by someone else who is a liar.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

But I'm not an atheist and I don't feel persecuted. My bad if my language didn't get that across to you.

'Diddums' is outside the scope of my english; what is it?

Your insistence on my need of growing up will sooner or later have to relate to something more, than just a sheer repetion of the sentence. It appears, that you want to establish a base of general incompetence on my part, invalidating everything I say.

But I'm neither stupid, ignorant or trying to push any personal 'absolutes'. My shortcomings mainly seem to be, that I disagree with extremist christians with missionary obsessions.

I'm 65+ and ofcourse on the brink of dementia. So my memory may fail me; but I believe I have stated earlier, that I left christianity 50 years ago, not that I have been fighting christianity all those years.

You've come to the stage, where it's necessary to invent things about opposition? Even to the point of making guesses on my sexuality and its extent.

How unfair it may seem to you (I being such a terrible person), I'm going to die sexually un-curious and rather sated. I regret, no details.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

You said it, Vicky. He's classic passive-aggressive and projecting, like many of them. They dish it out but they can't take it, then accuse everyone with a legitimate grievance of their own faults. It's absolutely psychotic to spend one's life raging against someone they think is non-existent or anyone who believes such. They are obsessed and hypocritical, and as soon as I'm sure I've encountered one I just leave them shreaking into the distance.

This post of yours is a gift from where-ever such undeserved gifts come from. The flying spaghetti monster probably, he's always with me.

From former experience I know, that extremist christians getting to the point of diagnosing mental illness in opposition are just one step from frothing around the mouth and saying things like: "Get behind me, Satan" or similar illustrative expressions from their religion of love.

You seem to be pretty cool though, so you may be an exception.

You know, in spite of your finally activated promise/threat of not answering me directly, your present method of speaking to me in posts sent to members of the cabal you're trying to build here, has some humouristic value to me. Not in a derogatory way, it's just fun in itself.

But you can actually address me directly, if you want. I promise not to be triumphant.

A small question to you: Do you remember what this thread is about? I'm quite sure, it isn't called 'What's wrong with Bogomil' (though if Vicky is correct, I need attention, so maybe it's good for me).

Square one on the thread is: The dangers of not submitting to christian values. But I'm afraid that I live too far away from you and am not statistically representative enough to be used as an example.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Please, let's cease discussing each other and discuss the actual topic. If this thread only serves as a place where you can rant about other members then you should avoid clicking the reply button. Please stay on topic and discuss the subject that seeashrink initially posed in the original post.

Originally posted by seeashrink
Many comments are made with little knowledge of who God is or knowledge of His Word, the Bible. Often, I think, people read an article about atheism, evolution, or just some anti-Christian material on the net or in a book and take it at face value without ever investigating God’s Word or a relationship with God for themselves.

Further off topic posts will be removed.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

A small question to you: Do you remember what this thread is about? I'm quite sure, it isn't called 'What's wrong with Bogomil' (though if Vicky is correct, I need attention, so maybe it's good for me). Square one on the thread is: The dangers of not submitting to christian values. But I'm afraid that I live too far away from you and am not statistically representative enough to be used as an example.

you are too cool bogomil..thanks for bringing those certain christians around to the original point of the thread.

The dangers of not submitting to christian values....too ironic really ..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks dbates.

Seeashrink

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join