It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The danger of knowledge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have been pondering the idea of the "truth" - Do you often find that many people in search of the truth are looking for something that will bring them a sense of elation or enlightenment, as if the truth is really just a lie that can be made to seem real enough to cover the facts of what is going on.

Much of what we seek as truth is perhaps a result of our blindness to what is going on right in front of us, that we are otherwise unable to observe.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, the only truth we need to know is that there is vast conspiracy and evil afoot (in the USA).

The real question is, what are we going to do about it? All the info on this site should act as fuel to the flames of outrage and revolution.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

The real question is, what are we going to do about it?

History has shown that as long as you have entertainment and
food you will do nothing.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

The knowledge of these evils preoccupies me. I risk assuming it occupies a lot of you as well. I am no longer entertained, and I intend to do something. I hope you will join me.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Its like a barrage, one awkward conversation about the state of the world, perhaps a small spark of care within someone, only to sit in front of the television, as if "saved" - you can see it, that glint in their eyes when they sit in front of the "box" - their desires to live in that dream world, to have perfect personalities like those shiny people on television.

I don't know how much they can extract, how much hope can they extract from people until they pull the plug on the whole thing.
edit on 30-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Try to wake someone up, at least one person each week. Importantly, we have to stick together, those that are still "alive" on the inside.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The problem with the seeking the "truth", in the sense of the all encompassing "truth of the world" and not the truth about a specific occurrence, is that one man's truth is another man's lie. One man's reality is another man's dream; it all boils down to a person's perception of everything around them. So the quest for truth depends greatly on one's own perception of reality.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Yup. I try, but most people don't care, or go as far as to mock me. I guess Ignorance really is bliss...

A major thing I think people need to wake up to is a non conspiracy issue. We are slaves to our consumer society.

Most peers I have grown up with and know have 2 sets of cookie cutter goals.

A) Go to school > Go to College > get a Job > Make money to buy crappy things they don't need and feel successful because they are worth money.
B) Get through school > Get a job > Use money from that job to feed their addictions (booze, weed, or worse...)

It is not often when I find someone like myself, who has a passion for knowledge and making change for the better in our world. There is something seriously wrong with this.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The truth of truths that reveals the lies placed into our culture is this:

All is one.

Now you can see that the ways we do things are wrong. You now know why they are wrong and what to do about it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The knowledge of these evils preoccupies me. I risk assuming it occupies a lot of you as well. I am no longer entertained, and I intend to do something. I hope you will join me.

I've been around for a while and this is what I have learned:

We, as a nation, have no cohesion.
We are divided along lines of race, religion, ideology, wealth and those divisions
keep people from uniting.

99.9999% of the people in Western society would rather sit in front of the TV, hang
out on the internet, or play video games, they will not risk their pile of junk for a
"revolution" until someone takes all their junk away...

TPTB have encouraged Americans, in particular, to distrust their neighbors and live
in isolation. (harder to do in other nations as the communities are stronger, but
multiculturalism is breaking down those communities)

TPTB have discouraged any groups that try to form, an extreme example being Waco.

TPTB have serious firepower and do not hesitate to use it even if they have to frame
your ass to make it stick.

TPTB do not have any regard for human life and no one prosecutes them when they
murder millions.

TPTB have complete control over the electoral system, at the important levels.

Now let me ask you a question:

What can we do ?

Politics ?
Nope, controlled.

Violence ?
Nope, can't win and would only be used to solidify their grip giving them
reason to further shred the constitution and at worst, declare martial law.

Peaceful protest ?
Hasn't seemed to work yet.

I've been looking for the answer to that question for decades and I am still at zero.

I'd be more than happy to hear a reasonable idea but I do not think it will be forthcoming.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think that waking up and seeing a "truth" of this world can lead to two dangerous tendencies.

1, your concern for the alarming state of things can make you want to wake others up. While this is fine in and of itself, I think that if this desire isn't kept in check, it can become a tendency to be controlling. Kind of like how some religious fanatics insist that you accept their beliefs as the truth. It's important to accept that others are on their own paths, just as you are on yours.

2, the conspiracy theorist's mindset can be a slippery slope into a vicious cycle of snowballing paranoia. One person on this board told me that I was brainwashed and didn't even know it because I enjoy video games. If that's true, then at what point is it NOT brainwashing? If you're awake, are you never allowed to indulge in anything on the off-chance that you have been brainwashed to enjoy it? More importantly, wouldn't you be taking away your own freedom with this mindset?

Now, please let me say that most people who are awake do not do this. I just think that these are possible dangers that we should be mindful of.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

And you just want to take it? "Hey guys, there's nothing we can do. Just bend over and don't clench so the rape wont hurt as bad."

No thanks bud.

I do not fear death, if there is anything I learned in my pursuits of answers it is this; we are already dead. Only once we attain true liberty and fulfillment that we can live. If you are happy playing your X-box and cheering as kill and rape people, and letting fluoride and aspartame rot your brain while your government tells you what to eat, what to do, and how much money to give them for their advice and "services" so be it, you are already dead.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I agree with everything you have said here. However, I believe you answered your own question already. You said:

"We, as a nation, have no cohesion."

And there it is. Except, it's not limited to the "nation". The answer of "what can we do" is...UNITE. History has proven time and time again that there is NO POWER that can withstand the might of the united people. When hundreds of thousands (or fewer) of disgruntled people march on a capital, ANY capital, with pitchforks and torches...that capital is going DOWN. The power of a united people can and will end the tyranny and oppression stemming from TPTB every time. And so they try to distract us, they try to divide us, they run a campaign to invalidate the thought processes of free-thinkers and others who question blind obedience. It's a circus act, and TPTB are all clowns (unfortunately, clowns are actually kind of scary).

My point is 1:1, we're going to get our asses handed to us. But as a united front, there's NO WHERE to run NO WHERE to hide. United, there isn't even a battle to fignt! We just show up and they run. Nobody in the whole universe is crazy enough to take on a united human front. We're f*#2kin CRAZY when you get us all together in one place! I love that about us. It's our greatest strength, but always our greatest challenge as well. And every time we accomplish this unity, it's because we oppose a common enemy. You asked:

What can we do ?

Politics ?
Nope, controlled.

Violence ?
Nope, can't win and would only be used to solidify their grip giving them
reason to further shred the constitution and at worst, declare martial law.

Peaceful protest ?
Hasn't seemed to work yet.

I've been looking for the answer to that question for decades and I am still at zero.

Don't worry. The river will change course when it has reached capacity, and THAT is only a matter of time. Revolution is all about timing. Things just haven't gotten BAD enough yet. But they will, they always do. (sigh) Our reality is nothing but patterns and orbits and cycles, why should mankind be any different? Our forefathers tried REALLY hard to break the cycle, even going so far as to grant each of us "inalienable rights"...all carefully documented, signed and voted into law. And look where we are now, in spite of all that? Maybe we'll get it right NEXT time around.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

And you just want to take it? "Hey guys, there's nothing we can do. Just bend over and don't clench so the rape wont hurt as bad."

No thanks bud.

I do not fear death, if there is anything I learned in my pursuits of answers it is this; we are already dead. Only once we attain true liberty and fulfillment that we can live. If you are happy playing your X-box and cheering as kill and rape people, and letting fluoride and aspartame rot your brain while your government tells you what to eat, what to do, and how much money to give them for their advice and "services" so be it, you are already dead.

Don't play xbox or watch TV, I eat organic, and my only traffic with the government is
at tax time and the laws that I, and all other US citizens, encounter daily.

I see you didn't answer the $64,000 question:

What would you have me do ?

You have no solution, you talk out your keister because you are a kid.

20 years before you were born I stood in protest lines and screamed my
lungs out and later I spent time trying to rally people to see the truth of
what is occurring under our noses...

But it did nothing to change the world and the world went right on it's way
down the crapper to where it is now.

People have been screaming on the internet since the 1990's about this
stuff and what has all that talk done to change anything ???

Offer a solution if you have one but don't tell me I haven't done my part
until you walk a couple miles in my shoes.

I'll be waiting to hear your solution but I won't be holding my breath.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Truth is more than an idea to be pondered. It is a perspective that lives forever when we speak ther of.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What I see is an isolation, a mental divide, a dreamworld that people operate within. Underneath, I see a seething world of chaos, where, if some simple (yet overlooked) things about the existence of the average individual were to be revealed, would create a level of fear and anger beyond what most could imagine.

For example, it is one thing for me to tell people that their entire minds are part of a system, and it is another thing for them to realise it for themselves.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by randyvs

What I see is an isolation, a mental divide, a dreamworld that people operate within. Underneath, I see a seething world of chaos, where, if some simple (yet overlooked) things about the existence of the average individual were to be revealed, would create a level of fear and anger beyond what most could imagine.

For example, it is one thing for me to tell people that their entire minds are part of a system, and it is another thing for them to realise it for themselves.

Maybe I'm missing something but where is the scary fear part in that ? If you tell me that, does that make it so ?
If I realise it for myself, does that make it so? Even if it is so, what changes ? There's no melting away of a facade we think of as our world. No sudden blending of consciousness to reality.
edit on 31-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Basically, the system keeps people at an artificial threshold, and it operates in the opposite direction to thier natural selves, so basically, when the system is disconnected, it alters the state of mind of the average person. Most people do not realise how powerful dellusions can be when the eye of the system ceases to look over them.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I have been pondering the idea of the "truth" - Do you often find that many people in search of the truth are looking for something that will bring them a sense of elation or enlightenment, as if the truth is really just a lie that can be made to seem real enough to cover the facts of what is going on.

Much of what we seek as truth is perhaps a result of our blindness to what is going on right in front of us, that we are otherwise unable to observe.

That is human nature ! 99.9% of those who say the are looking for the truth are actually consciously or unconsciously( hidden objective) looking for the knowledge that will make them more powerful in all ways. When they are in a better position than others,they will abuse their powers.They will become arrogant,conceited and oppressive in their manner when dealing with others who are not so fortunate.
Knowledge of many things like immortality (universal science of transfering from the aged body to a new young body ,time after time) is a very dangerous secret that is being kept from being discovered so that those sick greedy beings will never be able to use it. Most of these people who only care for themselves at the expense of others are manipulating others or being manipulated themselves without their realising it .
People see only what they want to see because of their mindset and mentality.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

My fellow brothers and sisters, this man right here speaks Truth!

I encounter lots of "Internet gangsters" that love to talk big and bad about sticking to The Powers... dream on buddies!!!

I recently said in another thread;

"Discovering a life shaking truth and remaining angry about it is no better than a child throwing a tantrum!

Or do you want to get a megaphone to yell at the elite like Alex Jones does? Mature adults do not conduct themselves in such a way. If you want to make a change or get through to the elite, do you think yelling and violence will get you anywhere?

How did the elite get power? They sat down, discussed possibilities with their peers, and formulated strategies, plans, and goals. In this example is the way to make a difference like mature and intelligent adults.

Get mad at the Central Banks and IRS, and then what? Fly an airplane at them like Joe Andrew Stack?

Get mad at the government, and then what? Open fire at the Pentagon like John Bedell?

Get mad about the education system, and then what? Go on a rampage like Seung-Hui Cho or the Columbine boys?

Where does anger and violence get us?
No where except dead! And it gives a reason for the elite to restrict and squeeze us even more.

We have to be more constructive, intelligent, and mature about how we try to change things."

I fully agree with your words Version100!
Healthy living, doing good for nature, helping fellow humans see past propaganda/lies/deception, protesting, writing blogs, articles, and "elected" officials.... not much changes, not much gets better.

I believe the way to "win" is to toss out Fear. Increase the Unity of the common folk world-wide. Yeah, but how to do that? Wish I had an answer to your $64,000 question, but I've been racking my brain on realistic, intelligent, and mature change.

Thanks for sharing your views, opinions, and experiences. Truth is Truth whether anyone believes it or not. May Peace be upon you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join