It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick Letter to Paul Johnson's Widow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
SICK letter to the wife of murdered Paul Johnson
from the wife of a dead terrorist.

www.memri.org...

Short Excerpt (go to the link to read the rest of the
)

'The Blood of Your Husband is the Blood of a Dog because He is an Idolatrous Infidel'

"I have heard that you appeared on television feigning innocence and wondering haughtily what was your husband's sin and what was his crime. I believe you are not ignorant of the fact that he was one of the greatest criminals indeed, although he is not considered that according to your standards, you infidels. For you call the criminal innocent and the innocent one, defending his rights � criminal. Or else, what was the purpose of your husband's work with the Apache helicopters? Have you ever believed that these helicopters hover over Afghanistan, Palestine, and Iraq to shower flowers and sweets over the heads of our children there? Or do you know that they throw on them rockets and bombs in order to turn their streets and homes into ashes upon which their corpses become coal? Is his work above reproach, then? Or was he innocent, while he worked on this kind of airplane [sic]?

[edit on 8/5/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I believe the brutal murder of Paul Johnson was horrifc and my condolences go out to his family, as with all the families who have lost a loved one in this "war".

On the other hand, does the author of this letter have a valid argument? I think so. Not in justifying the murder of Paul Johnson, but as being descriptive in the hardships that the peoples over there have had to endure. To them, this is a religous war, to us, we are fighting terrorists.

The author details her account of what the weapons of war have meant to her. The brutalities she has witnessed. She asks the reader to consider weither these machines are "dropping flowers and sweets" to the children of their country and then shifts the readers impression to the childrens "streets and homes into ashes upon which their corpses become coal".

The author is speaking through her culture, her grief and experience. Should we damn her for this perspective? I think not.

To some, this will be taken as barbaric and offensive. Why? because we weren't raised and exposed to this culture. This letter is only a slice in the "Big Picture".

9-11 happened, we can't go back there. We can't "undo" it and no matter how many countries we invade, destroy, or occupy, we aren't going to bring those people back (nor the people we are loosing every day). What we can do is learn what brought us to that fate and make the changes to hopefully, insure this won't happen again.

For that to happen, we need a leader who has the balls to make these changes. Someone who is willing to view the whole picture and not just a part and the congressional leaders to back him up.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I believe we all ready covert that letter on another thread.

d1k

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956

On the other hand, does the author of this letter have a valid argument? I think so. Not in justifying the murder of Paul Johnson, but as being descriptive in the hardships that the peoples over there have had to endure. To them, this is a religous war, to us, we are fighting terrorists.

You're kidding right? Who caused these hardships? Not the US military, they are there to help relieve the hardships from the brutal dictatorship that was there before.

Who is "them" to you? The regular Iraqi citizens are not the ones doing the fighting, it�s the rich who became rich from the said dictatorship and don't want to lose the power they had. They pay an arm and a leg for their terrorist�s armies to continue the fighting claiming it�s a holy war, which is totally bogus to any real Muslim. Everything they are doing is completely illegal in their religion.

The author details her account of what the weapons of war have meant to her. The brutalities she has witnessed. She asks the reader to consider weather these machines are "dropping flowers and sweets" to the children of their country and then shifts the readers impression to the children�s "streets and homes into ashes upon which their corpses become coal".

She witnesses US helicopters firing rockets and bombs on children? Well then she best denounce the terrorists bringing children with them using them as human shields. Or forcing them to become suicide bombers or many of the other sick atrocities that those sick bastards are doing.

Her point of view is anything but valid, it�s clouded to say the least.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by d1k]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just goes to show how much they hate us and are blinded by their religion.
Every murder they commit, every attack they make, every fight they participate in is all in the name of allah. This war will continue for along time and will only get worse the more they invest in technology.

Jefferson fought the muslims on the shores of northern Africa when America was brand new, he had to burn one of his navy ships to make sure the muslims didn't get it. They were ruthless back then and Allah was the excuse for everything. Except to them it's not an excuse, google jefferson and muslims in africa, I bet lot's will show up... This was a bad idea to get involved with them, look how long they've been fighting against israel. If anything they should of just used intelligence and gotten rid of terrorist cells and leaders. Hussein should of been taken away if he was supplying the terrorists with money, and that should of been the reason not wmd, this whole thing is a mess now, and bush hasn't even come up with a plan yet.
Oh yeah, and where is Osama?? Why did they stop the search for him wasn't he the guy that was supplying his organization financially??

Duh.............Fking government is so retarded.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Every murder they commit, every attack they make, every fight they participate in is all in the name of allah....and Allah was the excuse for everything

THIS is what i think of the letter. That woman didn't have to
write this garbage. She did so because she is full of hate.
America didn't put that hate there ... her 'religion' did.

If those Muslims want us out of their buisiness, then we should
start by pulling out all our billions of $$$ in aid to Muslim countries.
Pull it out of Egypt. Pull it out of the African Muslim nations.

The woman who wrote this letter is sick. Her hate and sickness
was caused by her 'religion'. She's a useful idiot for the Imams.
Nothing more.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

by d1k
You're kidding right? Who caused these hardships? Not the US military, they are there to help relieve the hardships from the brutal dictatorship that was there before.
[\quote]

Who built the dictatorship, ghandi?!?!?

Every murder they commit, every attack they make, every fight they participate in is all in the name of allah. This war will continue for along time and will only get worse the more they invest in technology.
[\quote]

Oh lets all wonder why, oh why, would they hate such a caring and compassionate nation as the US? (did you spot the scrasm or shall i draw a map)
The US are at war EVERY 5 Years EXACTLY, and in the name of what exactly?!?
Not god that would almost be a valid reason, you now one of principle.

Sad thing is the only thing the US go to war over is THE ALLMIGHTY DOLLAR! Mmmm... fine upstanding morals they have, men of principles and ethics!

Please get real!

The quoting went a bit funny there [ o

[edit on 5/8/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It doesn't matter weither it's right or wrong/clouded or not,- this is the author's testimony.

Just like I am entitled to MY opinion without an attack from YOU and yours.

It's a different perspective which is desperately needed in these times of crisis. This war affects everyone, not just the shocked American public over these beheadings. The fact is, in that culture, beheadings are "normal".

We, not being raised and exposed to that culture, view this as inhuman and horrific. To them, in the middle east, this is something that happens and is accepted.

Sure, this country is way behind on human rights and all, but that is not the issue.

The issue is this woman offered a different perspective on her accounts of what led the terrorists to Paul Johnson's murder.

Clouded or not, this is her perspective. Don't attack me for saying "Look, these are what the author is saying are the reasons (justified or not) for kidnapping and murdering Paul Johnson". Weither this perspective is clouded by culture, government, religion or whatever, it doesn't matter. The fact is, it IS and that is the mentality of the author, which I would assume, is the mentality of alot of people who's country has been occupied by a foreign army.

If you really think the US is soley over there to "relieve these peoples of hardships from the previous dictator", you'll believe anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Imho, the use of the word terrorist is a bit overused these days. Not to mention injustifiably used in alot of cases.

There is all kinds of people fighting in Iraq, for Iraq and outside Iraq for the people of Iraq.

You have the common people of Iraq that are still fighting for their homeland, because they feel that the US invading them and the sovereignty of their homeland should never have happend, no matter if Saddam was a monster or furocious dictator. These people want to choose for themself how they live, and not have some outside force destroy their homeland for rather dubious reasons. Especialy to them, who are at ground zero of the fighting, they see civilians killed, buildings destroyed and people taken prisoner.

Then you have people from outside Iraq, that identify with the Iraqi people, sharing the same religion that go fight with and for the Iraqi people, that see what is happening all over the Islamic country's. That the US is cracking down on all of the Islamic country's exept the richest one of them that has a documented history of otrocities against its people, but has people in power so rich that the US can't do anything about it. A country called Saoudi Arabia that literaly OWNS 6% of the US.

Then there are the common terrorists, fighting for a cause they don't even know. They are just cannon fodder for a force noone knows. Their hearts and minds are filled with hate and prejudice against the US and the western world. They fight and kill for faked religious reasons, for an unreasonable cause. But yet, the US makes it so easy for these people to be pursuaded by the terrorist recruiters. These people fighting in Iraq for their leaders, but with no reason other then fake beliefs and distorted truths.

Then there are those terrorists that have an agenda. They let other people do their dirtywork, they are the recruters and they are the ones that spread lies to recruit people to fight for a non existent cause.

One of the groups depicted as terrorists are mere people, fighting for a just cause, but that don't have the resources or means to do it in an officialy accepted way. They revert to suicide bombings and sortlike attacks, against the injustice done to themselves and their people. Palestinians are a good example of this.
You have more then enough palestinian "terrorists" that use those means for a just cause, to protect their homeland and retaliate against the otrocities done by the Israeli goverment to their people. There are true terrorists in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict though. Who only seek to wreak havoc and cause chaos in the name of Allah all mighty.

Last but not least, there are the terrorists that behind the scenes fight for the common interests of specific high profile groups of people, that maskerade their attacks and acts of terror as muslim terrorists, while they are most unlikely even close to being anything like them.

So what do I want to say with this?
Al-Qaeda, The US, Europe, Israel, Iraq, all of them use the news as a propaganda tool.

If any of them calls someone a terrorist, take it lightly and do some research.
For all you know, this womans husband had a true love for his people, the iraqi people and Islam itself. For all you know, he didn't do anything and was killed by the Saoudi forces for reasons that had nothing to do with terrorisme or Iraq, he could have just had an opinion, something you better not have in a country like Saoudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is obviously a war that will never end unless we pull out COMPLETELY. Here's my question, if we did that, would they still plan terrorists attacks on the US? If they did, would we be justified then to finally say "ok screw you, you're all gonna be held accountable for this, innocent or not, once and for all" and let them eat the big one?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
[Putting on my asbestos longjohns preparing for the flames] Statistically speaking she points out a relevant point. The war machines of the US have killed many more arabs and muslims than one single beheading. Or even all the 9-11 victims. Zealots of all ilks are more easily manipulated than cerebral people. She is religiously furious at the US, and blind to the religious and polical subjugation in which she lives. Americans are furious at her, and blind to the killing, destruction and abuse of the Iraq war.

We are so carefully shielded from the ugliness of the wars we cause by our (faceteous) "Tender nurturing media". Im an adult, and as such should see the horrors of war so i can be sure i know all the costs. Would YOU buy a car without seeing all the fine print? Many people do and regret it later.

Americans should be far more aware of the law of unintended consequences. Choose your actions carefully and with great deliberation.

Gasoline is not good for putting out fires.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Disregard, will reword later.

[edit on 8-5-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
This is obviously a war that will never end unless we pull out COMPLETELY. Here's my question, if we did that, would they still plan terrorists attacks on the US? If they did, would we be justified then to finally say "ok screw you, you're all gonna be held accountable for this, innocent or not, once and for all" and let them eat the big one?

When the Soviet Union pulled out of the Muslim nation they stopped #ing with them. Muslim territory is holy land to them, they don't want people #ing with it. As far as I know, they haven't bugged the soviet's since they packed their bags and high tailed it out of there. America is now the super power and we're #ing with them I don't know if they would actually stop, i'm going kind of hint at yes they probably would.. Don't quote me on that though.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
d1k, Well said !!

First I want to send my condolences to the Johnson Family , All of America grieves with your loss.

The vile filth that would write such a letter needs to be hunted down and shot. I am so tired of these people blaming America for there wrenched existance. Dont blame America for not bringing peace to your country!! Every Islamic goverment has failed miserably and for that reason they despise our culture and religious beliefs. They call us infidels, do they even know the definition of the word ? Non-believer, The last time I checked Christianity and Judaism were religions. Since its not there religious beliefs they want to kill you!!

How many in the Islamic world will have a minute's silence for the slaughtered innocents of 9/11? How many Islamic leaders will have the guts to say that the mass murder of 9/11 was an abomination?

Ridiculous of her to talk of piling the corpes and opening the gates of hell. Well, America could have opened the gates of hell like you wouldn't believe.
The truth is that America has behaved with enormous restraint. The capture and beheading of innocent people shows all to clearly the sadistic nature of the evil that we face.

The so called religion these radical islamist rodents follow is not a religion of GOD. It is born of evil and hatred.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by sniper068]

[edit on 5-8-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Argh! Well said d1k!!

These people fail to realize that it was not the U.S. that started this, it was the dictators and terrorists themselves!

These people have been brainwashed into thinking that the U.S. is the ultimate evil...

I am disgusted!

God Bless America

and God bless Mr. Johnson's soul and his family.

-wD

[edit on 5-8-2004 by WeBDeviL]

[edit on 5-8-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is a terrible thing for anyone to have written! My condolences to the Johnson family. This person should not have sent such a hate-filled letter.

I think as a community on ATS we need to remember that this was written by one person - not every Muslim/Islamist out there. I do not want to see this degenerate to a hate fest - there was enough of that in the letter. I know that I am not perfect, either.

I do agree that this letter is showing how *some* of these people feel. I even believe they have a right to hate us. But they do not have the perogative to send these sort of things to people who have suffered so much.

America's foreign relations, and its seeming ability to generate hatred in the hearts of every non-American out there, is an issue that needs to be addressed.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As long as there are people who have their ears, eyes and hearts closed, this situation will continue and threaten all life.

Instead of trying to find a solution to this issue and make this world a safer place for your children and your children's children, you take offense at this womans words and throw your hatred right back.

This mentality is why the world is in such a state of decay and people are dying everyday.

Your predjudice overules your reasoning.

d1k

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

As long as there are people who have their ears, eyes and hearts closed, this situation will continue and threaten all life.

Instead of trying to find a solution to this issue and make this world a safer place for your children and your children's children, you take offense at this womans words and throw your hatred right back.

This mentality is why the world is in such a state of decay and people are dying everyday.

Your predjudice overules your reasoning.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? You make no sense at all. You are really trying hard to make Americans, the US military and anyone else who does not believe in what you are saying as the bad guys.

Do you have ANY clue at all of what Iraq was like before the US went in? Doubt it because it's pretty obviously you don't even have a clue on whats going on now. Educate yourself before posting here and making yourself look and sound like a fool.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yes, I know what Iraq was like before the US went in when Bush, sr. started this cr@p with Hussien years ago.

Yes, I know what Iraq is like now with the USA occupying Iraq under
Bush, jr.

Do you?

d1k

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yes, I know what Iraq was like before the US went in when Bush, sr. started this cr@p with Hussien years ago.

Bush Sr "started" this years ago?? It's official, you're a wacko. Bush had nothing to do with what Sadam Husain (sp?) did to his people. Nothing at all.

Yes, I know what Iraq is like now with the USA occupying Iraq under
Bush, jr.

Do you?

Your obvious hate for the US, its presidents and forces in Iraq has you blinded to the big picture. You are in fact no better then the terrorists and mad men running around beheading people, you choose bits and pieces to see, twist it all up and believe it as truth while disregarding everything else and making crack pot statements like

"As long as there are people who have their ears, eyes and hearts closed, this situation will continue and threaten all life.

Your predjudice overules your reasoning."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join