It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live from ND/MN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Some really nasty storms are heading this way. Tornados have been spotted in Cass County, Tornado Warning for Fargo. Here is the link to the Fargo newspaper. www.inforum.com...

A semitrailer was reported tipped over on Interstate 94 east of Moorhead at mile marker 6. The driver was trapped but injuries were unknown

A house was reported on fire at 9 p.m. at 806 7th St. S. in Fargo. It was unknown if anyone was inside.

A woman was injured when a tree fell on her vehicle. She had glass in her hands and face, according to the call to 515 5th St. S.

Link to local radar
www.wunderground.com

This is just coming in now so I fear the reports will not get better.

For now I am in tornado watch and severe thunder storm warning. I am working ambulance tonight, so depending on how things go my updates may be spread out. I will try to keep you posted as things progress.

Wish us luck.
edit on 30-5-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon May 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I truly hope things calm down a bit for your area! Please keep us posted if anything else occurs. Thank You for caring enough to put yourself out there to care for others.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Thanks for the info. I live in Iowa but I turned on weather channel to see if it was coming my way. They were saying just wind for next couple of days. Now they are saying thunderstorms. I have decided you cant listen to them.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

If anyone is paying attention they are now saying this front is growing. There is wind up to 90 mile an hour winds along the storm front.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I live in North Central MN, (Hibbing) it is not supposed to hit here until after midnight, but we are preparing already. They were saying we should get golf ball sized hail and winds in excess of 70 mph. This storm is over 300 miles away, but we will definitely get hit with it sometime late tonight. Keeping an eye out! The first bad storm of the year for here, and I have been telling my whole family for weeks that this year we will get seriously blasted. The last couple of months I have watched as the weather has slowly come north, and its been pretty much the same pattern all the way up, tornados and lots of hail and high winds.

I bet this will be a summer no one in the US will forget as it will go down in history as one of the stormiest summers in over a hundred years.

Good thing I love thunderstorms!
I will try to get some lightning photos for ya'll.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am sitting here in a burb between Minneapolis and St Paul and looking at the models...

All of the models I am looking at have this thing breaking up at the heat bubble of the Twin Cities around 1 am and heading north and south around it.

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Darkblade...is Hibbing near Deer River, Cohassett area? We have an RV on Big Winnie and was wondering how that area is going to fare tonight. I love a good thunderstorm but since that F5 wiped out the MO town I've started to worry a bit more about tornadoes. I live in the country and there is no way I'd hear the sirens from town. Anyway, hang on to your hats up there and good luck.

edit on 30-5-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

You are about 30 miles west of Hibbing. It is going to be a bumpy ride for you as well. We are under a tornado watch all night so be careful. Keep an eye on weather.com for your area. If I was you, I would tie down anything that can blow away, that's about all you can do really. Maybe plan for someplace to go in a hurry if we do get tornadoes, but it sounds like you are kind of out in the boonies?

Everyone is kind of freaked out because of all of the bad weather south of us, me included.
I'm hoping it is just a boomer and some wind and nothing worse.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Darkblade71 because: because I can

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/016739cf7e00.jpg[/atsimg]
This was as of 10 pm
edit on 30-5-2011 by Darkblade71 because: added radar pic

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ahh dont you love our weather here
I am enjoying the rain just not the flooding basement. Time to put in drain tile.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
As it gets closer to me, and as I watch the weather channel, I am getting anxious!

The weather channel is saying 60 to 90 mph winds are possible.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88e1a60b355e.jpg[/atsimg]

It's about an hour or two away now but from what I have seen there are only reports of some wind damage and hail, and no tornadoes as of yet.

If I can stay awake I will watch it roll in with my camera. The funny thing is, I haven't heard any severe thunderstorm warning yet, I imagine that will be coming soon as it is getting closer and there are some warnings to the west of us.

The tornado watch is until 2 am.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well im still here
It looks a bomb went off in town. trees down across most of the streets and power lines down. No funnels were reported except for 8 miles away. Looks like the worst is behind us. As of now no fatalities and 1 injury. And i know that for a fact since i am working tonight.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Glad you made it through!

I'm going to stay up and ride it out just for the fun of it!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Thanks for letting us know.May all be safe,sorry to hear what
s happen already.Please keep us updated.

new topics

top topics

join