It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have NO TIME for this!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I agree, and my husband works 80+ hours a week, crushing gravel for new road projects and for making others rich, via the Bakken Oil Reserve up here in ND. I don't understand why folks have lost their common sense- conditioning perhaps? But I know I keep saying that same thing myself....none of this happening currently has any sense whatsoever. Our kids and grandkids are being raised by the government, our paychecks are taxed to the limit, never mind the hidden taxes in what we consume. We lose about 40% of our payroll to taxes, both obvious and hidden.

Nothing makes sense anymore...and no one has any common sense. This is what happens when you let (vote in) the foxes run the henhouse.

Oh...and welcome to ATS-- hold on tight, you're in for a real fun ride...!!!
edit on 5/31/2011 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by no time

I was just speaking to a friend this morning regarding the lack of common sense. It is so true!

In regards to the way we once played and adventured out and the way our kids are stuck inside being baby sat by a TV also hits home with me! My children do not have video systems, nor do they have a computer because I firmly believe in being outside and playing, even in the Winter! They have never had them so when they go to a friends house they are not interested and find they are talking their friend in to going outside instead of the other way around. I love it!

My generation it seems was the generation the mothers went to the work place to help put food on the table because the cost of living was escalating. Not to mention credit cards were becoming popular.

The Nation I grew up in is so different. I know each generation has said the same thing..but its as if people are so far in debt they can't afford to pay attention!

Good post!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by no time

everything can be broken down into "Common Sense." The only problem is "sense" is no longer common. It is crazy how complex and yet how simple everything in our society has become.

Of all things, good sense is the most fairly distributed: everyone thinks he is so well supplied with it that even those who are the hardest to satisfy in every other respect never desire more of it than they already have.
Rene Descartes-

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"Common sense" must be the most common substance in the world today. Everyone thinks they have enough and they are always willing to give it to someone else. I'm so happy you've been cast as a "leader of men" in your profession. If Wii and X-box and video games are anathema to what you think ought to be happening, then how about excercising said leadership and take them away, Dad, from your own children.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The video reminds me of an old survey crew story from one of our former employees. The forward speeds in the survey carry-all vehicle broke down while the 3 man crew were out on a job back in the boonies on a country road; when their were no cell phones at the time.

So the party chief puts the truck in reverse, and drives the truck, in reverse about a mile to a payphone.

Welcome to ATS.

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 31-5-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
"Common sense" must be the most common substance in the world today. Everyone thinks they have enough and they are always willing to give it to someone else. I'm so happy you've been cast as a "leader of men" in your profession. If Wii and X-box and video games are anathema to what you think ought to be happening, then how about excercising said leadership and take them away, Dad, from your own children.

I didn't say that I deserved to lead these men, lets not get too caught up in semantics.

Parenting though is a completely different racket. I could do better that is for sure. Thank you for your reply.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by no time

nice job on the avitar. I will be keeping an eye out for it.

On the parenting front, if you find any secrets to motivating a 19 year old, let me know.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
On the purest level, there are a system of programs installed in the "matrix" that is the human mind, that causes us to follow certain lines of thought and reasoning, however, it is very linear, and it attempts to describe the nature of the artificial realm, the artificial realm being like a pair of computer eyes, that make it seem as if this world is like a program.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join