It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A battle of hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this or not. I just saw this story on CNN and thought the entire thing was one of weirdest most backwards protests I've ever seen. A sect of neo-kkk protesters against the Westboro Baptists.

They said they were there to object to the Westboro Baptist Church's anti-troop message. "It's the soldier that fought and died and gave them that right to free speech," said Dennis LaBonte, the self-described "Imperial Wizard" of the KKK group that he said he formed several years ago. "That's fine," said Abigail Phelps, the daughter of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps. "They have no moral authority on anything. "People like them say it's white power ... white supremacy," Phelps said. "The Bible doesn't say anywhere that it's an abomination to be born of a certain gender or race."

The link:
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by j35us

The lack of effort in this CNN article is laughable.

It should have never been approved.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Agreed, they went over general histories and single line statements without ever getting any real story out of it. I posted it just because I was a bit shocked the two groups would oppose each other on much of anything.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is just a poor attempt to add some racial tension to this church thing going on. Its ridiculous both groups are ignorant fools.

Not to mention the fact that like most of the bulls**t we see on the news its just something to get us hyped up and get our minds off whats going on in the world. This kind of this is what keeps americans ignorant to the rest of the world.

Forget this little stuff, keep your mind on the bigger picture.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The KKK has a PR problem it can never undo. WBC never considers ANY PR a "problem". They just don't care -and won't until they get marginalized to the point that no one pays any attention to them anymore...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think using the word "hate" just panders to the PC insanity that already has us by the neck.

Both these groups are on the fringe, extremists, so why do we hear about them so much?

Because someone, somewhere, gets something out of us constantly "hating", the haters.

No different than hating Emanuel Goldstein in Orwell's 1984.

I won't say "shame" on you OP, but I will say that maybe we should stop resorting to such an inflammatory word, and stop playing into their ugly game. If we just refused to play, maybe they would stop constantly trying to incite the less cerebral among us.

JR

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ouch, kind of a low blow there. I posted it purely for the oddity of the situation and nothing more. My intention is not to set up the smoke and mirrors or anything of the sort. Yes, my word selection could have used a little more thought but, I caved and used one historically attributed to both groups. I agree it's a useless article just drawn up for shock value, but yes, it was a bit shocking to see a story about and thought others might find it weird too. Never expected to be attacked for posting something out of the ordinary.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EternalChef
This is just a poor attempt to add some racial tension to this church thing going on. Its ridiculous both groups are ignorant fools.

Not to mention the fact that like most of the bulls**t we see on the news its just something to get us hyped up and get our minds off whats going on in the world. This kind of this is what keeps americans ignorant to the rest of the world.

Forget this little stuff, keep your mind on the bigger picture.

Naa, it is more along the lines of "Westboro Church is so evil...".

top topics

join