It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some More Chemtrail/Contrail/Cloud Pics?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I would disagree. They all look like regular contrails at cruising altitude would look. It's hard to judge the exact height, but there is NOTHING there to suggest they are at a low altitude.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

knowing that contrails only form where the temps are cold enough and there are already cirrus clouds in the video, I was thinking they must be close to the altitude of the cirrus clouds. I don't know what altitude they are at, but your statement suggested that you had an idea. I just wanted to know what made you think that, other than to vindicate your theory that they were chemtrails, and not contrails forming ahead of a frontal system.

Do you think it's possible that they could be contrails forming ahead of a frontal system?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Here are two (for the moment) from Serbia, Belgrade. I have lots of photos. Have been observing lately and am becoming very sad with what I am seeing. I know they are cooling this area, but it is totally depressing being without the Sun longer than we should. I just found out about other cooling projects - Cloud Seeding
Concerning chemtrails I have one video also. Hopefully I'll upload it soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think there's two things that make people think contrail are lower than they actually are, both of which are present in djcarlosa's video

1) Proximity to the horizon.
2) Appearing to be below some clouds

These trails from the video, for example seem to descend all the way down to the trees in the lower right. They also SEEM to be below the upper level clouds.

Actually though, both contrails are probably perfectly level, and about the same height or 30,000, or higher. They look like they are coming down due to perspective. Like railway tracks look like they are getting closer together in the distance.

When a cloud layer is thin and wispy, then you can't actually tell if a trail is in front or behind of it unless it's thick enough - because there's no darkness in either the trail on the cloud - they both only contribute light. In computer graphics this would be called "additive" transparency.

It's a little difficult to explain, and it's a bit of an optical illusion, so unfortunately you get a lot of people who just say "I know what I see!!!" rather than trying to understand what they see.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heartfulloftruth

I think what you posted is normal clouds and contrails. Research cloud seeding a bit to understand how it works. It cannot be done until clouds exist, so I doubt that anybody is making rain clouds to block your sun.

Your second pic does have some cool clouds in it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's another example of things that don't look particularly high, but really are:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing the pics

No matter what you post you will have a certain few members try and discredit your opinion. I suggest you share more pics if you can and to not let the skeptics get you down. Most of us are aware and ready to admit there is something abnormal going on with what they are spraying. Regrettably it doesn't help that us chemmies can't do any more than speculate. However, the masses are waking up and no amount of skeptics can change the fact that there is obviously something going on. Thanks again for contributing the pics, always appreciated.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for sharing the pics

No matter what you post you will have a certain few members try and discredit your opinion.

Or they might offer some common sense options for what you are seeing!

I suggest you share more pics if you can and to not let the skeptics get you down.

Great idea. If enough pictures are shown, there might be some truth shown to even the most adamant believer.

Most of us are aware and ready to admit there is something abnormal going on with what they are spraying.

unless, of course "they" really aren't spraying anything. (seriously, stop and think for a moment, every persistent contrail in all the world is a chemtrail in your eyes. How many people must be involved in this conspiracy?)

Regrettably it doesn't help that us chemmies can't do any more than speculate.

on the contrary, you could get a group together, raise money to hire a jet to take samples of contrail/chemtrails and have them tested to expose the whole nasty conspiracy to the world! or you could post pictures of contrails and keep whining.

However, the masses are waking up and no amount of skeptics can change the fact that there is obviously something going on. Thanks again for contributing the pics, always appreciated.

obviously incoming weather. remember, they always spray just before a storm. coincidence? I think not.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN

Hi Corruption Exposed.

Have you seen that extensive well done report !?
www.chemtrailcentral.com...

For "some" that report will never be good enough. . .
. . .but make your mind up yourself. . . B-)

[ It's similar to WTC-7: basic common sense makes you decide! ]

Blue skies.

Sorry for the delayed response to your post. I just now finally got around to browsing through that link you posted. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that the general conclusion in that report is that normal contrails (at least the ones examined in that study) dissipate fairly quickly and the majority of them are no longer visible after 6-20 seconds. The study does appear to take all variables into consideration such as atmospheric conditions and so forth. My overall conclusion to my brief read of that study is that normal contrails don't last very long and there does not seem to be any valid explanation for the trails that linger far beyond the 6-20 second mark established in that in depth study. I thank you for sharing and also welcome you to correct me if I misunderstood the point of that study. I am eager to see if you agree with me or not, unfortunately I was not able to decide whether you are a skeptic or a believer by the tone of your post, it seemed very neutral.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Great post OP. I don't comment on here very often, let alone read 21 pages of thread but this one caught my attention. Both sides have made some good points, but the fact of the matter is that the skies are not the same as they used to be. I have seen several pictures and explanations from other members on this thread and other threads that claim to prove this wrong. Regardless of all the denial, the truth is still there. You can deny something all you want, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Anyone who refuses to even ponder the possibility that something exists is very stubborn, especially when there are many reasons to at least consider the possibility with all the points all the members have made, including all the pictures. My opinion is that without a doubt, there are chemtrails. I just wish I could prove it and also find out what their purpose are. Well that is my two cents, I will check back later to see if the usual suspects have returned to ridicule me for my beliefs.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by real_one

Anyone who refuses to even ponder the possibility that something exists is very stubborn, especially when there are many reasons to at least consider the possibility with all the points all the members have made, including all the pictures.

Pictures, yes. Pictures of contrails.

The possibility has been pondered and it has been found that the evidence that contrails are any different than they ever have been (except, perhaps, in quantity) is lacking. There is no logical reason to believe that there is a covert, global scheme to disperse...something...into the atmosphere to do...something.

edit on 6/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by C-JEAN

Hi Corruption Exposed.

Have you seen that extensive well done report !?
www.chemtrailcentral.com...

Sorry for the delayed response to your post. I just now finally got around to browsing through that link you posted. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that the general conclusion in that report is that normal contrails (at least the ones examined in that study) dissipate fairly quickly and the majority of them are no longer visible after 6-20 seconds.

No - the conclusion is that persistent contrails (>30 minutes) were all made by jets that did not appear in flight explorer.

It does make a differentiation betwen "normal" contrails and these long lasting ones - but it does not actually justify the difference - it just takes it as read that ther is one.

The study does appear to take all variables into consideration such as atmospheric conditions and so forth.

it makes a good effort - much better than usual from chemtrail believers I have to say - but it is limited by taking just 1 spot atmospheric sounding - clearly 1 sounding canot cover the whole day, nor the whole of the airspace that contrails were evidently visible in.

My overall conclusion to my brief read of that study is that normal contrails don't last very long and there does not seem to be any valid explanation for the trails that linger far beyond the 6-20 second mark established in that in depth study.

Indeed that is a fair comment - it does not establish that there is an explaination for why some contrails are longer than others from its data - but it does actually say why early in the study:

In practice, the speed of dissipation of a contrail can be from a few seconds to hours. This varies with differing atmospheric conditions due to seasonal, daily, and frontal weather changes as well as global placement as varying local temperatures and humidity at flight levels provide differing ranges of persistence.

Also of course its data is incomplete for the unknown aircraft - it does not record their altitude!!

As an aside that may have some relevance - apparently the FAA has routinely blocked public identification of about 3000 a/c in the USA - this is news to me but then I don't live in the US! - but will be lifting this block shortly - so presuambly at least some unidentified a/c will be appearing on systems like Flight Aware more in the future:

- www.flightglobal.com...

The Federal Aviation Administration has made final its decision to remove a tail number tracking exemption now available to certain aircraft. The block aircraft registration request (BARR) programme, managed by the National Business Aviation Association for the FAA, allows requestors to have their registration numbers removed from publicly available flight tracking systems, an option that more than 3,000 operators now use for privacy, safety or competition reasons.

"This action is in keeping with the Obama administration's commitment to transparency in government," said US Department of Transportation administrator Ray LaHood. "Both general aviation and commercial aircraft use the public airspace and air traffic control facilities, and the public has a right to information about their activities." Only operators who can show a "verifiable threat", including death threats or kidnapping, will qualify for the blanking under the new interpretation of the rules, expected to be finalised this summer.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The two bottom composite pictures on the second link are of clouds.
It's hard to tell the altitude, but it looks like maybe some altostratus undulatus on the first and what are called "cloud streets" forming. All are just like the clouds I see every single day.
When people start believing that common clouds are somehow "chemtrails", they need to learn a lot more about the atmosphere and weather than they know now. Get a cloud guide, research how clouds are formed (and named which is really cool because they are very descriptive), and learn about the general physics involved in the atmosphere. A good cloud guide online is here:
The Cloud Collector's Guide

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

it makes a good effort - much better than usual from chemtrail believers I have to say - but it is limited by taking just 1 spot atmospheric sounding - clearly 1 sounding canot cover the whole day, nor the whole of the airspace that contrails were evidently visible in.

It does not use atmospheric sounding data. It uses satellite derived data. Useful for weather forecasting but not nearly accurate enough for predicting contrail formation. It also does not provide relative humidity at altitude.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah - thanks for that - the info isn't actually on there, although it does identify the agency it was sourced from if not the method - I guess I am guilty of assumption - mea culpa!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well it does. But you have to pay attention and know a bit about it.

The soundings provided by NOAA/GOES provide a profile of the characteristics of the atmosphere for a given area. Soundings for Houston, TX have been utilized to collect:

Keyword; GOES.

Wrong link. This one:
www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah - I'd just latched onto the word "soundings" and applied old technological assumptions!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

please study that report and post a concrete conclusion on your findings.

It would be nice to finally have a chemmie who would come out and make a claim instead of wussing out and posting pictures. Give a true time frame that contrails can persist and then it can be proven/disproven and either made chemtrail fact, or chemtrail fiction forever. You can start a thread about it then we can all refer back to it as a reference. You will be famous, Like Bill Wallings!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by real_one
the fact of the matter is that the skies are not the same as they used to be.

They don't? By what parameters? They look different than before air travel?They look different than last week? They look different than durring the last ice age?

Anyone who refuses to even ponder the possibility that something exists is very stubborn, especially when there are many reasons to at least consider the possibility with all the points all the members have made, including all the pictures

That's a straw man. I dont think a single person in this thread is denying the 'possibility'. What is being denied is that a picture of a contrail (something CONFIRMED TO EXIST) is somehow 'evidence' of a 'chemtrail (something NOT proven to exist)

My opinion is that without a doubt, there are chemtrails.

Well, define 'chemtrails'. Because there appear to be several constantly shifting definitions being employed by several different posters in this thread.And until someone can define the parameters and stick to them, we wont get anywhere.

I just wish I could prove it and also find out what their purpose are.

I wish you could too. But o one has yet. That might tell you soemthing. Or not.

I will check back later to see if the usual suspects have returned to ridicule me for my beliefs.

Are you being ridiculed for your beliefs, or are your beliefs being challenged and you dont like it?

edit on 6-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by real_one
the fact of the matter is that the skies are not the same as they used to be.

Correct, air quality is getting better! There are less particulates and acidic emissions than before.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join