It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some More Chemtrail/Contrail/Cloud Pics?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pagan_night

Thanks for sharing the pics

I always enjoy it when other members share pics of trails they have seen.

I'm not sure what those spots are that showed in your pic, but good eye for spotting them.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks.

I have some that show a dark side. I'll see if I can't find them. I used to have hundreds of pictures of trails but my last computer crashed and I lost everything. I have since learned to back-up though...LOL

Thanks again, great post.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by pagan_night
Just to toss in a question here. What is a contrail with military chaff or seeding in the trail called? Is it istill a contrail?

Its a pointless question, because neither acutally happen. Chaff is not done in large trails, its done in individual bundles and seeding goes in on altitudes far lower than where contrails occur

What is chaff used for?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for the inofrmation. I will check the site out.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

From what I understand, it's used by the military to "scramble" radar.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by firepilot

Thanks for answering my questions.
Here are some more questions.
Would cloud seeding be happening at levels of clouds? And Is that too high for a cannon power shot A590 to get a clear picture of the plane? If clouds were forming, what level of humidity would be needed? Is it possible to have clouds with no humidity?

Cloud seeding, with silver iodide, targets rain/snowclouds that will have a temperature of -5 to -10c, where it is most effective. Either the flares are fired into the clouds at that altitude, or they use flares that burn for a few minutes, and circle under the clouds in an area of updrafts where it will be carried up to that altitude.

Actually for rain projects, it needs to be cumulous convective type storms, winter projects typically just seed stratus snowstorms. But both need supercooled water in below freezing conditions

To have clouds, you must have water vapor that condenses because the air can not hold more moisture. You can not have no clouds without 100 percent humidity, at that altitude. You have to have moisture, and you always have some degree of moisture in the air, the humidity just can vary.

edit on 1-6-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Jamming will "Scramble" radar. Chaff is used to as a decoy for an incoming radar guided missile

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Right, so it's aluminium particulates, I believe?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

No, its not particles, its bundles of aluminum, or glass fibers coated with aluminum, released in individual bundles and timed to divert a radar missile.

The idea that chaff is a liquid or powder, is just misinformation spread by chemtrail promoters.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Here'sa description of military chaff:

Chaff, originally called Window[1] by the British, and Düppel by the Second World War era German Luftwaffe (from the Berlin suburb it was first found near), is a radar countermeasure in which aircraft or other targets spread a cloud of small, thin pieces of aluminium, metalized glass fiber or plastic, which either appears as a cluster of secondary targets on radar screens or swamps the screen with multiple returns.

Modern armed forces use chaff (in naval applications, for instance, using short-range SRBOC rockets) to distract radar-guided missiles from their targets. Most military aircraft and warships have chaff dispensing systems for self-defense. An intercontinental ballistic missile may release in its midcourse phase several independent warheads, a large number of decoys, and chaff.

Chaff can also be used to signal distress by an aircraft when communications are not functional. This has the same effect as an SOS, and can be picked up on radar. It is done by dropping chaff every 2 minutes.

So it seems there is a long history of releasing chaff (aluminium, metalized fiber glass and plastic) into the air.
Traditionally this has been dumpted as packages in the air.

So, now we have proof that for many years, chemicals ARE being dumped into the air by the military....
edit on 1-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yes, from what I've just read, that's what it is for.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

So, now we have proof that for many years, chemicals ARE being dumped into the air by the military

Yes. If you call pieces of metal coated fiberglass chemicals. And there is proof that cloud seeding is being done as well.
Neither of which has anything to do with the claim that persistent contrails are anything other than contrails.
edit on 6/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

No, its not particles, its bundles of aluminum, or glass fibers coated with aluminum, released in individual bundles and timed to divert a radar missile.

The idea that chaff is a liquid or powder, is just misinformation spread by chemtrail promoters.

Ok. If you prefer, small pieces of alumiuium, or glass fibers coated with alumimium, or plastic. But there is evidence going back years that this is a known and used military tactic.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Chaff, originally called Window[1] by the British, and Düppel by the Second World War era German Luftwaffe (from the Berlin suburb it was first found near), is a radar countermeasure in which aircraft or other targets spread a cloud of small, thin pieces of aluminium, metalized glass fiber or plastic, which either appears as a cluster of secondary targets on radar screens or swamps the screen with multiple returns.

Modern armed forces use chaff (in naval applications, for instance, using short-range SRBOC rockets) to distract radar-guided missiles from their targets. Most military aircraft and warships have chaff dispensing systems for self-defense. An intercontinental ballistic missile may release in its midcourse phase several independent warheads, a large number of decoys, and chaff.

Chaff can also be used to signal distress by an aircraft when communications are not functional. This has the same effect as an SOS, and can be picked up on radar. It is done by dropping chaff every 2 minutes.

So it seems there is a long history of releasing chaff (aluminium, metalized fiber glass and plastic) into the air.

So, now we have proof that for many years, chemicals ARE being dumped into the air by the military....

Wait, didnt that paragraph you just quoted, agree EXACTLY with what I said..about a decoy for radar guided missiles?

And no, its not "dumped". You imply that mass quantities of aluminum are now just covering the countryside. Its used in combat, and when training for combat. Do you think a B-52 or B-1B just loads up its bays full of aluminum to drop out?

What do you call it when you put chemicals into the air from your own activities? Do you have some kind of trails conspiracy attached to that?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So, now we have proof that for many years, chemicals ARE being dumped into the air by the military

Yes. If you call pieces of metal coated fiberglass chemicals. And there is proof that cloud seeding is being done as well.
Neither of which has anything to do with the claim that persistent contrails are anything other than contrails.
edit on 6/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

If you don't want to call them chemicals, call them foreign bodies, then.

SO quick to jump in prematurely with the standard denial. 'NO, it's not chemtrails, it's NOT chemtrails, nn, no, it's NOT chemtrails'.

So show me WHERE I said these were chemtrails? You can't because I didn't. You see, I know these aren't chemtrails, duh!

You are doing a great job of exposing exactly how your tactics work, though.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Wait, didnt that paragraph you just quoted, agree EXACTLY with what I said..about a decoy for radar guided missiles?

And no, its not "dumped". You imply that mass quantities of aluminum are now just covering the countryside. Its used in combat, and when training for combat. Do you think a B-52 or B-1B just loads up its bays full of aluminum to drop out?

What do you call it when you put chemicals into the air from your own activities? Do you have some kind of trails conspiracy attached to that?

Whoa, the troops are getting edgy.

I never implied that mass quantities of aluminium are now just covering the countryside. It's dropped in packages I believe, hence dumpted into the air. Whenever did the word 'dumped' come to mean 'mass quantities'?

fyi. Definition of 'to dump':
1. To fall or drop abruptly.
2. To discharge cargo or contents; unload

It does not have a meaning of 'mass quantities' anywhere in any definition of the term. and my use of it was perfectly appropriate.

You guys really do seem to have trouble comprehending text.

I have no idea how much of this is regularly used, but I will try to find out. I'm finding this train of thought interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Prime example.......

You are doing a great job of exposing exactly how your tactics work.

Yes....yes, indeed you are.

The latest *conversation* was clear as a bell. The word 'tactics' starts with a "T", also.....

THIS IS flares, and chaff being launched, dispensed:

Of course, I suppose YOU will *argue* that it is indistinguishable from a contrail, and therefore WE cannot tell the differnce???

Again your tr....tactics.....are exposed......

edit on Wed 1 June 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Ahem, I don't put chemicals in the sky.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Prime example.......

You are doing a great job of exposing exactly how your tactics work.

Yes....yes, indeed you are.

The latest *conversation* was clear as a bell.

Good. Thank you for the compliment.

[qupte]

The word 'tactics' starts with a "T", also.....

And even obvious typos are now being pounced on?
[/qupte]

THIS IS flares, and chaff being launched, dispensed:

Of course, I suppose YOU will *argue* that it is indistinguishable from a contrail, and therefore WE cannot tell the differnce???

Again your tr....tactics.....are exposed......

Well, once again your supposition is completely wrong....on both counts. But no surprise there.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Ahem, I don't put chemicals in the sky.

So you have never driven a car, or , or rode mass transit, or been in an airplane or grilled food, or started a fire, or exhaled carbon dioxide, or use electricity from coal fired power plants, or even used winter heating..

I find it hard to believe you have resulted in zero pollution with any kind of chemical.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join