It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel report: Kenyans honor Obama's 'birthplace', Museum commissioned in family's African Villag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
DP sorry

edit on 31-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by 46ACE
Okay Alex: " I'll take things that make you go: hmmmmm..." For $300

Yeah but; calling the entire African country of Kenya "Stupid birthers" might be considered "racist"...

edit on 30-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

You know this has noting to do with the entire country of Kenya though, don't you? You do know that crazy American villages do not dictate anything real? Just so you know, I have been to 3 birthplaces for Paul Bunyan. 2 birthplaces for Johnny Appleseed. I have also seen two log cabins that just miraculously both claim to be the birthplace of Lincoln. None of those are true and all rake in tourist dollars. I guess not being American, I can call you all stupid birthers for believing in two men that never existed and one man that was born in several places?

You make a good point with the "Paul Buyan" reference. I tried to make the point (in a round about way): Nobody is calling Kenyans"RACIST!" for questioning his birthplace...

If Any American questions the"golden child": 6 posts later somebodys' reply will invariably include the word "racist"...
And that there's more to all these questions than "White American middle class racism".

You realize nobody has seen these original newspaper ads since1961.Newspaper archives are stored on "microfiche". All that waved about as"evidence" are photographic records (2nd best evidence ) of the source document.

Quite simply I don't trust politicians in general; this man,his "politics", his cabinet, or his followers. Little will change that.

I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers we survive as a constitutional republic until the 2012 "selections".
edit on 31-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Delusion might sound a bit harsh, but I don't think that you're too far wrong there.

For the life of me, I just can't find any factual basis to the ''birther'' argument which could make people reasonably and logically dispute the fact that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Why yes, Yes I would make a statement. I would say HEY, you aren't making things any easier for me over here in the USA. To ensure everyone is NOT mistaken, I was not born in Kenya so stop this crazy concept that I was born in Kenya and that "tribal birthplace" resort!!!! Honest to pete people.....

Yes, that's what I would say.

(and, I am sure Obama can convince them into donating that 1.2 million (plus) directly to his re-election bid.

By the way, are these people in Kenya "birthers" also? Or do they get a pass.... by you?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why does everyone keep calling this a birther thread? Seemed to me when I read the OP that the poster was making the point that the Kenyans are mistaken and someone in the Obama administration should set them straight.

Frankly at this point these threads from either side are kind of useless. If he was somehow born outside the US and his mom was too young to convey citizenship (common "birther" argument, not sure of the validity myself) it's too late for that to have any effect. That's not going to be allowed the yank him from office and if the TPTB want him in office he'll win in 2012 as well, no matter what is dug up on him. Either there will be massive voter fraud (even worse than usual, and probably more blatant) or he'll lose the popular vote and the electoral college will give the citizens a big middle finger, again (Dubya).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Call it a hunch but I am willing to bet your vast amount of free time in relation to the president, let alone the difference between concern over wars and economies differs from whatever might take up your day. Maybe you should run. Sounds like you might be the best president ever to have so little to worry about that you will make sure to tell some village of about 5000 people in it to stop building thatched huts after you. Let me know when you put your hat in the ring.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
You make a good point with the "Paul Buyan" reference. I tried to make the point (in a round about way): Nobody is calling Kenyans"RACIST!" for questioning his birthplace...

When you learn the difference between a nation and a tiny village within that nation, we can actually have an intelligent and informed conversation on this. As long as you continue to conflate an entire country with what enough people to fit in my college auditorium actually consist of, then you are not discussing reality.

Or maybe I can just follow suit. If what people do in Kogelo = Kenya endorsing it, then America needs to stop endorsing that stuff I keep seeing from the westboro baptist church. Please call my comparison crazy and then make the same one again.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Did I ever mention I went to Florida and while I was there, I pulled over and stopped at the famous birthplace of the gatorman? Half lizard, half human. Terrorizes people lost in the swamps. I only mention it because I am fairly sure the owner used more raw material to advertise the birthplace of a half man/half gator than that sketch appears to show the raw material this small village is using to build its monument to Obama. I just don't get how anyone other than the hardest set birther can even care about this.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Is that all you got?

Maybe Obama can mention it when he returns to Kenya, as promised last year:

Saturday, 05 June 2010
President Obama to Visit Kenya

US President Barack Obama has promised the people of Kenya that he will visit the country, which is his late father’s land of birth, before his term in office expires. In a White House interview he granted to the state-owned Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC),

“I am positive that before my service as president is completed I will visit Kenya again, as President of the United States,” he told the KBC.

Source: www.africafrique.com...:president-obama-to-visit-kenya&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=64
(this news source does not make note of Obama being a Kenya born citizen-for the record).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That might explain why Obama's Kenyan half brother lives in poverty, because Gramma used the family's life savings to travel to Hawaii in 1961 to witness little Barry's birth and things have never been the same since.

There are poor people in Kenya. There are poor people in Obama's family tree. I suppose for elitists like you, that's a negative. (actually his grandmother does fairly well...)

That telephone interview took place on Oct. 16, 2008, after Obama personally called Gramma and asked her to keep quiet.

I've already posted the FULL conversation that took place between McRae and his Grandmother. She NEVER SAID Obama was born in Kenya, she said she was present at his birth in Hawaii.

Learn to read already.

All those birther articles that came out after that interview cut off the interview where she corrects McRae's attempt to cajole her into saying he was born in Africa were clearly biased against Obama from the start.

McRae tried to trick her into agreeing that he was born in Kenya;

MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?

OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.

This is where the truncated interview was stopped - and where the birthers took over, trying to use this to imply Obama was born in Kenya. In legal parlance, this is called a "leading question", no matter how it is answered the question tricks the respondent into giving an incorrect or misleading answer.

Here is the rest of the interview, the part the birthers tried to ignore:

MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?

OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.

MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.

OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.

OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

The grandmother had to repeatedly correct McRae's constant attempt to depict Obama as being born in Kenya.

Obama Born In Kenya? His Grandmother Says Yes.

His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room.

Yawn, here you are continuing to perpetuate this lie. I assume this is about the Berg tape recording.He claims Obama's grandmother called him up to tell him he was born in Kenya, a tape Berg has claimed repeatedly to have yet has never actually released. Probably because he realized after the fact that Obama's grandmother can't speak a word of English.

Birther's can't stand facts, and the fact is, Obama's grandmother (who can't speak English) never stated Obama was born in Kenya, she has always stated he was born in Hawaii.

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist[/
I like the fact that you are at least a little curious about the discrepancies about Obama. The book just released by
CORSI is very interesting and I find it funny that Obama seems to have so many other documents missing also. He sure is an interesting mystery to me..Have you seen the you tube stuff on him like... Is Osama Obama... that one is very weird..some kid did a picture overlay of their faces and they fit exactly.. and the Edgar Cassey prophecies on the anti-christ.. Is Obama the anti-christ...That one is just down right creepy..

I am not saying that I believe all of it for sure but it sure makes you wonder......

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by Alxandro

Don't see the relevence of that point

No I haven't gotten anything mixed up. His mother was born in America, she was an American citizen, regardless of where he was born, surely that means he would be legally considred an American or able to easily obtain American citizenship.
edit on 30-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

Actually dear, mamma's age makes a world of difference and when Bo was born, mamma was a minor (underage) hence he (Bo) being born in Kenya, would be a British subject Only, which is why sooooo many Americans want him gone and not just from the position of POTUS.

BHO, The Usurper, The Great Divider and his minions need to be dethroned and deported at the first opportunity.
ps: btw, ppl seem to forget that the country of Kenya isn't EVER gonna claim him because the Country of Kenya DID NOT EXIST when Bo was born ... Apartheid anyone??? and y'all claim we don't know our history, geeeeeeeez
And, the PM always references "the continent of his birth" because Kenya didn't exist then.
all the little dots lined up in a neat row and still ppl refuse to draw a straight line to connect them. wow
well, at least the Birthers are gaining momentum in 2 countries and counting ... good.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Honor93 because: add ps

edit on 31-5-2011 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

why not?? couples do it every day ... why would they be any different then or now?
and quite frankly, the 'culture' of Africa required such a presence ... check the history of the territory ... it was also the only way Bo could receive dual citizenship (which i am quite sure was considered by the adults, then) ... it was a big thing to have Duality during those days.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I still await the ATSer who will come on and say Obama is acutally from Ireland... The O'Bama Clan

Sorry, I was just reading about his trip there. Too much.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

It's theoretically possible that Obama's pregnant mother flew 10,000 miles and gave birth to him in Kenya, but to actually believe that is an extreme case of straw-clutching.

People have just made that idea up because they want to believe that Obama is not a ''natural born citizen'', so they just fill in the yawning gaps in their theory by shoehorning completely unsubstantiated and factually devoid incidents to plug these gaps.

Nobody basing their opinions on impartial, factual evidence would conclude that Obama was born in Kenya.

The idea that his parents were attempting to gain dual citizenship doesn't work either. Kenya was still a British colony in 1961, and with his father being a British citizen, Obama was automatically bestowed British citizenship until the age of 21. It didn't matter whether he was born in Honolulu, Mombasa, North Korea or Antarctica - he was a dual American and British citizen from birth.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
Actually dear, mamma's age makes a world of difference and when Bo was born, mamma was a minor (underage)

On August 4, 1961, Obama's mother was 18. She was not a minor.

Born Nov. 29, 1942 Stanley Ann Dunham

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It is probably all those white racists in Kenya agitating for this birth site memorial..................hang on a sec

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by Myendica
it would be sweet if you supplied a link to these pictures of articles. Then I would know from where it comes. Is that a Kenyan newspaper? See. I cannot tell..

If you still need a link to those items, you do not really have a real interest in this but I have a link for you and everyone else.

Embassy: Obama not born in Kenya

Hey look, it is even WND. Don't worry, they put their usual spin at the end but the facts unfortunately remain. I am going to Hannah Barbara land tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my hands on Bam Bam's real birth records. Barney and Betty had no legal right to keep him.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

please.. dont assume anything. I dont have an interest? sure.. great link. though your com skills.. ay..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Obama promised to visit Kenya again is all you got?
Some comeback.
Proof positive right there. He is going to go there so he must have been born there? Have fun with your fantasy and the fantasy logic that accompanies it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
BHO, The Usurper, The Great Divider and his minions need to be dethroned and deported at the first opportunity.
ps: btw, ppl seem to forget that the country of Kenya isn't EVER gonna claim him because the Country of Kenya DID NOT EXIST when Bo was born ... Apartheid anyone??? and y'all claim we don't know our history, geeeeeeeez

Birthers are the single most reason that birthers are not taken seriously. You brag about knowing history after repeating something that is so horribly untrue? Where did you and the people starring your post learn history?

Kenya has been Kenya for at least a hundred years now. It has been the Kenyan Colony, Kenya, and in 1963 it became The Republic of Kenya. Can you put me in touch with your history teacher? This is like saying Coke did not exist before Coke II or New Coke.

The Uganda Railway was built by the British Empire under the Foreign Office at the start of the period when Britain maintained colonial control of the region as British East Africa. Construction of the line started at the port city of Mombasa in the Kenya Colony in 1896

Hey, how were they building a railroad beginning from a city in a country that does not exist?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join