It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel report: Kenyans honor Obama's 'birthplace', Museum commissioned in family's African Villag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Don't see the relevence of that point

No I haven't gotten anything mixed up. His mother was born in America, she was an American citizen, regardless of where he was born, surely that means he would be legally considred an American or able to easily obtain American citizenship.
edit on 30-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

I concur....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

By doing so he basically threw his African Gramma under the bus by labeling her a liar.
I guess some traits skip a generation.

Oh look it's that birther lie again. I presume of course you're referring to the McRae/Ogombe interview. You must be willfully ignorant to keep perpetuating this long-ago debunked example of bad reporting from the usual right-wing blogs. For the record Obama's grandmother never stated he was born in Kenya, or any place else in Africa. She stated she was present at his birth - in Hawaii.

MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?

OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.

MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?

OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.

MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.

OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.

OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

Of course the right-wing idiocracy cut the end of the interview off where the interviewer had to be corrected 3 times that she was telling him he was BORN IN AMERICA. But nice attempt at perpetuating this fabrication.

This is one of the more despicable lies told about the Obama's, and it's origin lies with G. Gordon Liddy and a self-proclaimed American "bishop" (McRae) radio evangelist who conducted that interview. I guess he was absent from Sunday School when they were teaching the 9th commandment.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hmmm, I find it interesting that no one thinks that Obama (and/or his people) would have contacted SOMEONE over there and set them straight.

1st back when he was a Senator visting Kenya and the orgininal newspaper stories ran and then after that, when he was President.

Seems to me that Mr. Obama likes the distractions and/or fame (?) that it brings.

One thing for sure. Obama HASN'T done anything about it... .hence why the Kenyan people believe as they do. It must work for him somehow....?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Hmmm, I find it interesting that no one thinks that Obama (and/or his people) would have contacted SOMEONE over there and set them straight.

1st back when he was a Senator visting Kenya and the orgininal newspaper stories ran and then after that, when he was President.

Seems to me that Mr. Obama likes the distractions and/or fame (?) that it brings.

One thing for sure. Obama HASN'T done anything about it... .hence why the Kenyan people believe as they do. It must work for him somehow....?

So no one here seems to understand the difference between an entire nation and a village in that nation? Kenya the country denies Obama was born there. This one village is going to the major expense of building a few thatched roof huts. Is that all good Kenyan money behind all that major construction of weaving a roof? I was in a small town in the southern US that had many monuments to the Chupacabra and in a lovely little village near Lake Champlain that boasts being the home of a sea monster. Does this mean that someone needs to get in touch with Obama and tell him to explain to all Americans these things are not real?

And uh...what newspaper(s) are you talking about? I hope you do not mean the one fake AP article.

You guys are making so much over a few huts in a small village. The premise here is that the entire State of Hawaii, Congress, the entire Executive branch, and thousands of people that have crossed these paths over the last 40+ years are all lying to help Obama but this one little Kenyan Village is the only honest entity on the planet, even despite no real backing from their government on the project.

Makes sense.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist
Do YOU know that if you visited several locations for all these people, you are the crazy one. Americans can't be held accountable for your gullible nature. Sorry.

Not sure I ever said I went in search of any of these places or ventured to where they are because of what they are. You go into some small tourist trap off the beaten path in almost any state and you find odd things like this. I had dinner in a UFO in Canada once. Did I go to Canada looking for UFOs? No. It was a fake little tourist trap I went by and decided to stop. The US has a ton of great nonsense like that.

Of note, Lincoln was POSITIVELY born in Kentucky, Hardin County, city of Hodgenville.

Of reality, that has not stopped people from making up stories about where he was born or my personal favorite, that his Cabin was bought and moved to this new location. If you do not believe stupid people will pay stupid money for stupid things, let me remind you of the pet rock you Americans ate up and turned the inventor into a multimillionaire over.

Of the two you claim never existed, I know for a fact Johnny "Appleseed" was indeed a real man. His name, John Chapman. POSIVITELY born in Leominster MA. I know becase one of my fellow members of Children of the American Revolution and later Daughters of the American Revolution had him in her geneology.

LOL. Uh...oh yeah? I guess you do not understand the difference between a mythical legend and its origin. I know for a fact that John Chapman did not plant every apple tree in the country while wandering the entire place with a tin pot on his head. I never once visited the birthplace of John Chapman. Sorry. I guess you really missed the point, didn't you?

As for Paul Bunyon, he is a fictitious character. Some towns also claim that their lakes where formed from his footprints. His birthplace was in the logging camps and the mind of his creator and publisher in 1910. If you also visited two birthplaces of BABE his 10 ton blue ox, or believe that his shoeprints also formed the Rocky Mountains then I am not sure what to tell you.

Being a fictional character might be the reason I said he never existed. That would make a little sense, don't you think? Thanks for backing up my point. He never existed and yet people claim you can come see where he was born. GETTING THIS YET?

Why is Obama not doing anything to stop these people from proclaiming PB's birthplaces like you all seem to think he should be doing about some village on another continent?

Barack O'bama, Barry Soteoro etc, might also be as fictitious as BABE. Of the three, Paul, Johnny and Abraham, Barry is the only one to have twodifferent first names and two different last names.

Barrack Obama only has one name. He has only ever had one name. Are you saying my Aunt Betty might be living a double life when she signs her checks Beatrice? Obama never had a second last name. So you like the fiction alot. Perhaps you can find the birth place of your mythical Barry Soetoro.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
no actually i have never toured the entire US.

Neither have I. There is a lot of it. Touring any of it helps though. Even if you just leave your block. Just be back before the streetlights come on.

but now i am very interested in those restaurants.

where are a few ?

and do they have good burgers ?

I do not eat burgers and I am not triple A. I proved my point and if you need more links to arguments over where Paul Bunyan was born, then read the link I gave you for real this time.

I ate at an Arby's once that actually framed where Overkill signed in the bathroom "Overkill took a S---- here!!!!"

People will use any loose association with a famous name to make money. Ever see what Britney Spears tossed gum went for on eBay a few years back?

Anyway, great job of arguing with me over places you have never been. Now I am totally convinced that Obama is from Kenya and the whole world is in on it, spending literally 10s of dollars building some thatched hut palace in his honor. You win.

great info

and i can now rest at ease knowing that BABE is fictional !

i had wishful thinking as a kid !

too bad about Obama ! maybe this means he has a "split" personality !

Thank you. That is exactly my point. Not only do Paul and Babe not actually exist in any plane of reality, they were magical giants and yet I put up an article about modern US cities arguing over which is the proper birth place because it make a great tourist attraction.

Thanks for making my point.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That might explain why Obama's Kenyan half brother lives in poverty, because Gramma used the family's life savings to travel to Hawaii in 1961 to witness little Barry's birth and things have never been the same since.

I guess flip flopping is another trait that skips a generation.

That telephone interview took place on Oct. 16, 2008, after Obama personally called Gramma and asked her to keep quiet.

Why?

Because just a few days earlier on 10/12/2008, this bombshell was dropped:

Obama Born In Kenya? His Grandmother Says Yes.

His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room.

Today, you say anything negative about Obama and you are sure to get a call or a visit.
This clearly is becoming the norm and Gramma was the first.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Another Birther thread? When will you people learn?

He was not born in Kenya and when are people going to get it through their thick skulls?

Quit citing ultra radical biased websites as legit sources! It is sickening and does nothing constructive nor positive for your case.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Can someone actually explain why he would be born in Kenya ?

His Kenyan father met his American mother in the US. Why would she have been in Kenya when she gave birth ? It just doesn't make any sense.

I could understand the ''birther'' conspiracy more if his parents had met and lived in Africa.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

His Kenyan father met his American mother in the US. Why would she have been in Kenya when she gave birth ? It just doesn't make any sense.

I could understand the ''birther'' conspiracy more if his parents had met and lived in Africa.

That is all that happened, his dad emigrated from Kenya to America where he met Ms. Dunham.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
There are more birthers on ATS than there are people in Kogelo.
Maybe I am the only one that finds that interesting.

PS, I am building a thatched hut out back to celebrate the "real" birthplace of Chalize Theron and I already got two investors. Of course that whole "Heaven's Gate" thing where I told these people to eat applesauce and cut off their junk worked too. Stupid people are everywhere. Someone making money of stupidity is also everywhere. How is impeachment going, anyway?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

That is all that happened, his dad emigrated from Kenya to America where he met Ms. Dunham.

You guys never heard of taking your girl home to meet the fam?

Then again, there's the theory that Obama Sr. and Dunham were CIA agents. and were going back to the motherland to stir up some chit.

The fact that Gramma Obama may be the OG Birther just cracks me right the hell up too.

edit on 5/31/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Not at all. Did you even read the OP article? How about the highlighted yellow part ?

I was thinking this would be helping Obama. I think he needs to contact these folks and set them straight-publically and loudly.

This is non-sense... but yet, the again, the one who can most easily make it go away or end.... doesn't?

Makes one wonder why-sometimes...

Contraversy... is what I come up with.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
You guys never heard of taking your girl home to meet the fam?

When she was 8 or 9 months pregnant ?

Why would a heavily pregnant woman fly 10,000 miles just to ''meet the folks'' of her husband ?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
OP does have a point - Soetoro/Obama could clear this whole thing up in a teleprompter moment by simply telling the people of Kenya something like, "I'm sorry - but I wasn't born there either - so stop building those tourists traps that some of those ATS posters keep getting suckered into".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Another Birther thread? Really?
This place seems to be becoming Birther Delusion Headquarters.

Delusion

a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs

Did you even read the OP article?

How can we read the article when there isn't a link? That means everyone who has posted hasn't even bothered to see where this crap came from. Can I take a guess??? Never mind. After reading this thread, I've had my morning swill...

Contraversy... is what I come up with.

If some people were having delusions about me, I'm not sure I'd acknowledge them any further then necessary. The birthers have made up this 'controversy' and if they want to play with it, it's their business and theirs only. Obama has tried to help, but he is under no obligation to set them straight or try to convince them of their delusions. Most of us know about the lies (some repeated here) and most of us can think and reason for ourselves.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Dam.... see what living through a tornado and 4 days without power can do to someone.

Yep, I forgot the link. MY BAD and So sorry. (althought it appears most, if not all, knew where to go...).

STORY LINK: www.wnd.com...

Thank you BH for pointing that out. Hmmm surprised no one else did earlier than that.

Anyway. I see still no official statement from the White House. Maybe they really don't monitor ATS?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I see still no official statement from the White House.

The official statement from the White House was posted in 2008 when the president posted a picture of his legal birth certificate. And the official statement from the White House was confirmed when he posted the long form that Birthers had been screaming about.

I'm not surprised you 'don't see' them, however. Read the definition of delusional again.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You, and most birhters, seem to be under the impression that the president would or should care about birthers, care enough to appease birthers, want to win birthers over when we all know that birthers are made up of people not going to vote for him anyway. Unfortunately, that is about the sum total of the logic to all this anyway.

Tell me as a candidate you would waste valuable time trying to appease people that are not going to vote for you even if you fix that one single issue for them.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join